working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

221,721 to 221,740 of 237,132 messages
25/08/2013 at 23:22

Sorry to hear abt your FIL Amandax.

but well done to the boy on passing his English I know we have similar boys in that department! And well done to you being able to help at the accident & to hear the guys ok!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
26/08/2013 at 09:49

Ok, where is everyone? Surely not still abed on this glorious day?

I've dreadmilled and spinned, now off out to a local agricultural show. 

Happy Bankholidayschumchums 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
26/08/2013 at 09:50

oops, forgot my manners

Sorry about FiL Amandax, never easy even when expected

and ~~~~~grangran~~~~~~~ may the end come easily and peacefully whenever that may be xx

26/08/2013 at 11:05

Morning,

(((Amandax and family))) As The Dragon says, it is a blow even when it was expected. I'm sorry that you were not able to be there, but please remember that the important thing is that you were there for him when he was still with you.

(((GranGran))) I echo the Dragon's sentiments again, I hope that the end comes easily and peacefully whenever it happens.

I think the breakthrough with the cats might have been because having another person around changed the dynamics. Possibly also because the lounge is more neutral territory than my room. Fingers crossed that this is the beginning of the end of hostilities - although I would still let Cleo go if a loving home turned up at this stage.

SB is coming over by bus, should arrive soon. This arvo we are collecting SM and meeting my 2 Bessie friends for a cream tea  Weather looks nice and the hotel we are going to looks out over the bay.

(((WIN))

WAIST well xxx

yeo
26/08/2013 at 11:37

Wahaha, I'm still trying to catch up with people's back stories, and I was wondering about warring factions in the Sluggy household.  Thanks for revealing that they're cats!  All is now clear.

Can only echo the sentiments about Amandax' FiL and Spence's GranGran.  (((((Hugs))))) to both families and (((((WIN)))))

Well, this morning I truly established my plod credentials.  Not only did I take a wrong turning ½ mile from home (I know, I know, thank you very much), but this took me away from the planned nice, level, smooth cycle path and onto a narrow, uneven, hilly path across heathland.  And of course I tripped and went arse up'ards into the brambles.

Anyway, taking into account the time it took me to pick myself up and get my breath back, I covered about the same distance and time as Saturday, which given the terrain I'm happy with.

Plus I now have an impressively grazed knee  I found some TCP in the back of the bathroom cabinet so I now smell the business even if I don't look it.

Curiously all this has cheered me rather than discouraging me.  This r*nning malarkey is such a lark, isn't it?

Edited: 26/08/2013 at 11:37
26/08/2013 at 11:46

Wot the others said Amanda and Spence.

Chuggs, I looked up the Heineken ad - brilliant.  That's not quite what I have in mind, more like emptying the room and putting some hanging rails and shoe racks in.

The room need emptying, stripping out, re flooring, decorating etc before  anything else.

I've just done a sprint interval session - I often do cruise intervals but the sprints are quite a bit harder.  I did 15 x 3 mins 95 to 100% effort with 3 mins rest.  I don't think I've done a session like that since my racing days and the last 4 or 5 were done from memory.

I have a bit of work to do - admin stuff - and I suppose I should carry on emptying my rubbish out of the 'office'

I may take a beer later.

26/08/2013 at 12:15

((((Amanda and family))))))) Take care of yourselves xx

(((((((spence and family))))) 103 is a grand old age, but that won't make it any easier xx

Well plodded Yeo - I'm always happier 'adventure plodding' more than just boring running in a straight line (even if it is much slower!). Tend to have much more fun with a rucksack in the rain than in 'ideal conditions'

And well cycled Noggs too!

We're off to a local 'fayre' with knights and cavelrymen and archery and vegetable competitions and fun fair

26/08/2013 at 12:23

Afternoon All

M...eldy wrote (see)

She has a gite that she has put on a long term let due to I think she said a railway construction? 

Might that be the new high speed line between Paris and Bordeaux?  I know that is currently under construction

LOL Yeo - you must be well'ard

I've done 36 bike miles in the sun although I did get a bit lost in the middle section  but am dreading the century ride coming up as I am woefully underprepared.  I am taking heart in the fact that it's a charity ride and I know at least one person is less prepared / experienced than I am so my blushes will hopefully be saved!!

Off to shower now - don't know why as Dover docks are calling me later

26/08/2013 at 12:34

(((((Amandax and family)))))

(((((GranGran))))))

thoughts are with you all - it's a difficult time even when expected.

We're back home and it's a beautiful sunny day  which would have been fantastic yesterday!!  Still I'm going to have a relaxing day anyway before I head back to the madhouse of work tomorrow.  Planning a gentle plodette this evening when it has cooled a little and will hopefully try out some of Sam Murphy's teaching for the first time 

Well adventured, Yeo  - may all your runs be as enjoyable, but preferably upright.

Well cycled Podds and Nogs.  Have fun in the docks later Podds 

Have a lovely bankholidayschumschums 

26/08/2013 at 12:39

Well done Yeo!

Well done Nogs!

Thanks all, Gran Gran had a peaceful night. her confusion is caused dad thinks by her cataracts. Last evening she was looking into the hall thinking the banisters were men going up the stairs! She's due to have them done Oct!!

26/08/2013 at 12:45

Oh dear Podds, hanging around the docks doesn't sound like the sort of thing a nice girl should do.

How's Mr P BTW?

26/08/2013 at 14:47

Happy Birthday Sluggie!   

26/08/2013 at 15:44

Oh well remembered Spence!

Sluggie - to my shame I forgot - Happy Birthschumschums   

Mr P is a little better each day thanks Noggs and is breathing a little more easily and has a more energy.  He has another blood test tomorrow as they are trying to fix the therapeutic dose of the warfarin and then we take it from there - at least 6 months they are saying and possibly 2 years of compression stockings during the day!!!

What about you?  You stabilised now or have you finished your course?

M...eldy    pirate
26/08/2013 at 16:21

I post from the pub because I can !

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
26/08/2013 at 17:02

Afternoon, to my shame, I also forgot Sluggie's birthday  - so sorry, hope it was a good one!

Spence, it may be an idea to check out if Grangran has a urine infection, very common in older people, causes confusion and often gets missed, but very very easy to sort out.

Glad to see Mr P is on the mend, what'll he do if another overseas job turns up? He'd have to beware of those longhaul flights yes?

This country of ours is such a country of extremes! a couple of weeks ago, I went to an agricultural/horticultural show only to have to come home early because it was sooo wet. Today, we went to another and were uncomfortably hot! Very hot in the sun, but stuffy and no air in the tents - can'twin.com 

There were some lovely horses there today though, watching the showjumping took me back a bit. I have rosettes don't you know  - nothing spectacular, but even so, I could feel the thrill of the horse owners when the rosettes were handed out.

I'm currently wrapping myself outside a nice cool lager 

26/08/2013 at 17:28

Ooh happy birthday Sluggie - hope you're having a lovely day  

MrSA and I have plodded - 3 x 5 mins running, 2 mins walking.  Tried to adjust my technique and MrSA initially laughed at me  but agreed later that I was doing what I was supposed to (once I'd showed him what it was supposed to look like ).  But it did feel a lot easier on the knees .

26/08/2013 at 17:29

Wine o'clock yet??

26/08/2013 at 17:35

Thanks Dragon, I'll mention that.

Its been beer o'clock for quite some time here Coco!

26/08/2013 at 17:39

Podds, I stopped the warfarin a month back.  I'm having more tests this week to work out the way ahead. I too have been told to wear the sexy compression sock for 2 years - they do work.

Melds, I need to get the bike box off you.

Coco  - yes

I'm rubbish with dates so Happy Birthday Slugs.

XB
26/08/2013 at 18:08

Happy Birthday Sluggsta. Cream tea sounds like the best way to ease yourself into your fifties.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.