working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

221,721 to 221,740 of 234,928 messages
16/08/2013 at 20:01

well I have stood up to a bully bloke today, he made me so , there was no WAY I was backing down.  Basically our dept has taken over a top floor of a building that used to be closed offices either side of the corridor.  Now its an open plan office but other people in the building want to cut through to get to the toilets rather than walking round (as this is what they did when it was a corridor).  there are more toilets on the ground floor with easier access but they want to use the upstairs because they've been done up.  It doesn't help that our office is really posh and the rest of the building is a bit of a dump so everyone is a bit annoyed.  (which I can understand) BUT

I've tried explaining that its a confidential area, we hold 1000 of personal bank information for employees, and people are coming in under performance management so its not a cut through they could see and hear things about workers they know.

ANYWAY, this bloke put a sign up on OUR office door saying "no access to the kitchen, walk round"

When I saw it I took it down, he come marching in to have a go.  I took him in my office and told him it was like working with children, there is corridor access to the kitchen so we will be using it, however my department is an open plan office and NOT a corridor.  If he had any issues speak to estates, but if it continues I will lock the door so no one can get in. 

TBH Im at my wits end, this has been going on for months.  It is like working with a building full of children.  Honestly I need pods come sort em out!!!

16/08/2013 at 20:06

Thank you for listening!!!!

I did manage to finish at 1.30, went morrisons (it was full of holiday makers stocking up!) Now I'm pretty whacked, with 2 x 12.5hr days ahead of me.  This week I will have done 65 hours, I'm not made out for this!!!!

I've seen Coco's bruise, its a good un!!

16/08/2013 at 21:13

Oh snails, I think back to the fun I had in the police hq control room.  We had certain senior officers using the room as a shortcut.  I used to set traps for them, I'd move furniture into their path.  It was so funny, they'd work on the theory that if they didn't look at me they were invisible.

It got me through the day.  

16/08/2013 at 21:38

Yums, Tuppence? Daisy?

Coco, that bruise made me feel

Been a beautiful day here

Mate who's looking after DD has taken her to the groomers

16/08/2013 at 22:26

Snaily, the area should be authorised access only. Can't you get estates to sort it? Data protection act etc Sounds as though your chap should make friends with Noggs neighbourtwunt 

Spence, not phrases I have heard before. Maybe they're norvern expressions;-) 

Wonder if Podds , DG n Mr P are OK. Guess its not easy to move under the patio so Mr P may be at higher risk of a thromby

Does DD's mother scrub up as well as the gawjuss DD

Nice bruise, coco 

16/08/2013 at 22:40

Evening All

Just a quickie - both patients home - it's going to be a long few days I suspect.....

Will catch up tomorrow (although still hoping to get my bike ride in if there is no worsening of conditions / further worrying symptoms...)

Laters

16/08/2013 at 22:50

(((podds))) Good luck to you too looking after everyone x

((((((snaily))))))) pah indeed.

Bike all ready for tomorrow Still trying to think of an excuse

17/08/2013 at 07:18

An excuse for what, Daffy?

Glad the patients are home, Podds but not sure I can stop holding my breath yet or not  

Not much planned today. Dog walk then think I will run some errands then maybe cycle to the end of the prom then plod the best bit n back- voila 4 flat miles. I hope it rains whole I'm running too Weekends can be a mixed bag when you know there are no adventures planned n no friends to see. 

17/08/2013 at 07:40

G'day each.

Yums, I have chuff all planned today too.  I did a hard ride yesterday so maybe a recovery ride if it stays dry, some core work, bike cleaning etc

not very rock and roll is it?

More coffee needed here.

17/08/2013 at 09:33

Morning all,
No plans for today heavy rain forcast.

More coffee ??

17/08/2013 at 09:55

Oh hoorah, I'm not the only WAISTer with a rock n roll lifestyle;-) 

Westie,  be sure to leave a link to Scott's mountain madness n keep us updated.

Anyway, you two boys have your delightful wifeys to look at/chase round aka Benny Hill 

17/08/2013 at 10:43

Morning all - I fell at the first hurdle and didn't go to running club 

Excuse is that I had a lousy night and felt too tired.  The reason I had a lousy night is because (following the famous accident) I have been struggling with anxiety and its been bad the last few days with MrSA away.  So there we go.

So onwards and upwards - hoping that I'll feel like going in two weeks time as I can't do next saturday.

MrSA is back home and we haven't got anything much planned either, Yums.  He might watch the rugby and I might bake brownies.

Bit of a bad patch exercise-wise.  Hoping MrSA will encourage a run tomorrow cos I don't feel motivated to do anything myself at all.  

How are the patients, Podds?  ((((Podds and poorly family))))

Snaily - woo-hoo, you rock!!    Well done you for standing up to him.  Yums' idea re getting estates involved sounds good in theory, unless they're like our estates department and you might be waiting 5 years to get anything done.

Yums - if you cycle to the end of the prom and plod back, what happens to your bike?  Do you just leave it there?  Or run back towing it behind you? 

17/08/2013 at 10:53

Morning

Piddling down in Padstow!

17/08/2013 at 12:22

In the pub having a pint of Proper Job!

17/08/2013 at 13:15

Spence is having a what job?  Good call though 

(((((Coco))))) an accident you say?;-)  Anxiety is a funny thing cos it is often self perpetuating. You can end up feeling anxious cos you're anxious, if you know what I mean.

Apologies for my not terribly clear post. I cycle to the prom, lock up my bike, toddle 2 miles to the sea life centre, do an about turn n toddle back to my bike which I cycle home. It was never going to be a pretty run. It didn't disappoint. Slow n not much smiling going on

17/08/2013 at 13:25

Coco, which film should I watch tonight? Some kind of wonderful or under a Tuscan Sun. I have the choice. Mrs Dawg doesn't seem to mind;-) 

17/08/2013 at 13:34

I think Under a Tuscan Sky is the best one of the two - it was recommended to me following my divorce when I realised my life was not going to turn out as "planned" and it beautifully crafts an alternative view for you, which was what I needed at the time.  I hope you enjoy it - sounds like a really nice evening in to me 

Indeed I agree that anxiety feeds the anxiety.  I had it years ago and then things changed and it went away.  But it came back with a vengeance after the accident.  I'm resisting a trip to the GP because I don't want meds and have been trying to deal with it myself with some success - running has helped - so am hoping this is just a bad patch.

Chocolate brownies are on and will be ready in about half an hour.

17/08/2013 at 14:30

Ooh, ooh *hops excitedly from foot to foot*  Brownies?  

*holds out plate*

17/08/2013 at 14:57

a touch longer to cook than I thought but they're done 

Passes brownies round to WAISTers.

There you go, Yums.  Extra portion to go with the DVD.

17/08/2013 at 14:57

where are those brownies?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.