working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

223,301 to 223,320 of 234,980 messages
M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2013 at 15:36

I am off home to look after the Staffie ... dont worry if I dont get back in tonight, I am not taking my laptop with me 

10/10/2013 at 17:08

Afternoon,

Yes Daffs, I'm sure that - by now- the garage peeps have realaised that meeting Meldy is a mistake! Sorry that you are germblified, no wonder you were feeling low. I was wondering whether you might be needing a bit more thyroid replacement, but it seems that we can blame the germs instead.

(((everyone playing host to the snotmonster)))

(((Snaily))) sorry that you had to make a tough decision. It is hard when your heart and head are at loogerheads. BTW, the point of 'speed sessions' is to make you faster, then the suffering is over sooner...

Pippi, I hope you lasted through the day.

DL, don't ever lose your sense of humour please - it's the only thing that makes the rest of us look sane .

Meldy, hope you enjoy yourself playing with the staffie, they are one of my fave breeds 

Hurrah, hurrah and hurrah Noggie! I think that covers bike carriage, skiing trips and long bike rides.

Podds, I thought of you today when I saw the weather forecast . It is nice and bright here - but cool and windy. Have been out with TM and have eaters' club this evening.

Had a message yesterday to say that 'Auntie', who was discharged home on Monday, is now back in hospital as she was not coping. We expected something like that to happen, but not quite so soon. In a way I am glad that we didn't have to get involved, I am very wary of ending up very involved by dint of being the only ones in the area.

Happy NearlyFriChumsChums.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2013 at 18:18

She was hiding in the bathroom for a while, she is a very nervous staffie anyway ... We had to slither down the stairs together making excitable noises until we reached the kitchen ...you had to be there

10/10/2013 at 20:45

I LOVE RUNNING

Fridge told me to do 3miles in 32mins.  I managed 3 miles in 31:42, on very stiff legs and included 2 small hills and one huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge hill that I managed to run all the way up.  Sprinted the last half mile cus I was determined to get under the 32mins target.  I feel amazing.  (remind me of this after my 8 mile sunday!!!)

Staffies have such a bad reputation, can be brilliant dogs though, our friends have one and she's lovely, powerful enough to pullme off the sofa playing tug, but she's a big softy

DLs explanation of speed sessions made me laugh

Oh sluggie same about the Auntie, hope there is a good care package in place for her.

Been beautiful here today,but bloody freezing, I think I'm going to dig my tights out!

10/10/2013 at 20:59

Snaily have you been copy and pasting Spence's posts?

Glad you are enjoying it though.

Sruvived our trip - didn't lose any. Relatively stress free. The museum session in the aquarium was very good - just long enough and the right length. We got to see a starfish, crab and anemone on the visualiser (like a glorified overhead projector to show things on a big computer screen ...) then got to touch them!

Nearly Friday, you say? Hoorah!

10/10/2013 at 20:59

Think its time for an early night

10/10/2013 at 21:21

Snaily, this

"

I LOVE RUNNING

Fridge told me to do 3miles in 32mins.  I managed 3 miles in 31:42, on very stiff legs and included 2 small hills and one huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge hill that I managed to run all the way up.  Sprinted the last half mile cus I was determined to get under the 32mins target.  I feel amazing.  (remind me of this after my 8 mile sunday!!!)"

made my night Well done you!!

10/10/2013 at 21:33
You know you're in the midst of a storm round here when:

- driving home is across sand

- the waves breaking against the cliffs and breakwaters throws so much spray up that it comes down over your car as you drive by

I love stormy weather on the coast

Yayy Snaily - bliddy well done

Aww Melds - that sounds lovely I do like staffies too myself I have to say - there are a couple of lovely ones round here...........sadly there have also been a couple of nasty incidents with staffy crosses with a*sehole owners from west cliftonville (bedsit and benefits land)........

((Sluggie aunt))
10/10/2013 at 22:05

Wow, Podds, that sounds stormy indeed! I'm not so keen on driving through driving sand, but otherwise storms beside the sea are fab 

Melds, what great photos! The pirate babes are a gorgeous crew, for sure! And, erm, can you explain about the staffie? More particularly, how did you get her past the GPO??

Brilliant chugging, Snaily! Must have helped you put that difficult work decision behind you. 

Nogs, love the sound of all the holiday plans! Would be nice if you could go along with your mates.

Pippi, did they let the kids touch all the animals?? Things have deffo got more interesting since the last school trip I went on!

(((((((((((Sluggie and aunty))))))))

Sorry things didn't settle down as you hoped, but you were unquestionably wise to keep yourself out of the firing line. You have more than enough on your plate now. And it does sound like Alfie is getting braver all the tim 

((((((((((((((Daffs)))))))))))))

Hope you turf the cold quickly. They can make you feel so rotten. 

Coco, have a wuuuuuuunderful time in Orlando! We shall of course want photos and a full account 

((((((((((Sue and Heidi)))))))

Wot Sluggie said. And good on you for learning Welsh! I'm guessing that once you get past the phonetics, things get somewhat easier??

DL, you are...what's the word?....irreplaceable!!! 

Thanks for the info on ITB and foam rollers. Bit conflicting there, but I can at least try the hip stretches before investing in a roller, I guess. Oh, and fig jam is more like fresh figs than dried, but much yummier than either one))) But I've forgotten about the jam now, cos I'm using up the not-quite-ripe figs making chutney!

We had a marvellous evening with friends yesterday, drinks at their house in the country then we walked along the ridge (pitch dark, no street lighting on this remote lane so Michael brought a torch) and into the village for dinner. Just such a nice time--but it was nearly midnight when we got home so I'm off to my bed now. xx

10/10/2013 at 22:06

Oh and Tubs, I think a highland cow hat sounds AMAZING!! Do post a photo!

10/10/2013 at 23:20

Wooooo Hoooooo Snaily!!

11/10/2013 at 00:37

Pippi - " the museum session in the aquarium ..." 

I have a mental image of you all snorkelling through flooded halls looking at artifacts! 

Woo hoo Snaily brilliant r* nning 

You didn't happen to notice any trusses attached to a boat whizzing past did you Podds? 

I'm very glad i left the last ard i was at Meldy, a lot of people have followed suit, to date 7 owners and 12 horses.  

The Highland Cow hat is in a pile ready to be sewn up, two horns, 4 ears ( inners and outers) a

11/10/2013 at 00:39

Muzzle. I can't see well enough to sew in artiicial light so will assemble and stitch in the morning.  I think it looks more like a lion though! 

(((( waisters )))))

11/10/2013 at 07:08

Morning each.

A bit wet here, the morning at least should be dry enough to get some paid stuff done.

I'd like a hilly ride later too, that may be a damp one.

Coffee, tea, juice and pond water are all ready.

11/10/2013 at 07:38

morning all

dull here, but damp but wind had dropped a bit. Weather made club speed work session fun yesterday! 

Nothing much to report here, works busy and line manager having surgery so going to get busier! 

working night on wards tonight. 

Sunday I'm doing a 15k ish off road race. Sounds scenic but challenging. 2 weekends til our towns new half marathon ! Not sure I'm ready! 

11/10/2013 at 08:07

You will be fine Amandax your training has been brilliant

Its Friday

only two weeks till half term

The above announcement was especially for Nogs 

11/10/2013 at 08:42

Ah Spence, you got me there.

I was most impressed that the teachers managed to find a working day on which to strike.  It must be a challenge fitting in holidays, inset days, sick days and a strike.

Oh, and doing a bit of teaching now and again.

I wouldn't want that job for a pension.

There, i think that's all the anger out in one go - much more efective than the Anger Management Programme the magistrates insist I take part in.

I'm off to create beauty in Oxfordshire and a small corner of Buckinghamshire.

11/10/2013 at 08:47
LOL Noggs - you tell 'em!

Has anyone else lost all their smileys etc?

Also the automatic double spacing and in fact the only thing I see is a yellow outline box to type in..........
11/10/2013 at 09:13

Morning one, morning all

i awoke to a small gift laid out by the bedroom door  there's nothing quite like an ickle dead mouse to say 'wakey wakey' other than an ickle live mouse I suppose.

((((((snot monsters, poorly aunts, elderly pets, overworked, underemployed, and yard less hosses))))))

I appear to be in the world of education but get 25 days annual leave and regularly ghetto work 12 - 14 hour days. I'm thinking there's nothing quite as joyous as the big society.

I am doing interval training this morning . I walked to the kettle, stopped for a cuppa, have walked back to the kettle and I'm now having my second of the day. I think I can fit a few more of these intervals in quite easily.

Snaily - just stop it. It's not natural.

talking about not natural. We have been invited to my niece's wedding next year. All formal and posh and stuff. The OH is already worrying what she can dress me in so that I don't look like the freaky lesbian aunt or a middle aged man in drag. We're arguing over the monacle and the pipe.

happy so nearly the weekend it's going to be hard to concentrate today

11/10/2013 at 09:15

Apparently in iPad land you get to join a ghetto when you try to get to it - if only the real world lived up to the virtual universe

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.