working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

223,301 to 223,320 of 237,153 messages
19/10/2013 at 16:32

Hello WAISTers  Did you miss me?

Horribly jet lagged - we did an overnight flight which landed at 7am this morning so this is a short post.

Have read back a bit and just want to send hugs and vibes to Snaily and Snaunty and family.

Had a fab holiday - more tomorrow when in land of living.  Or something.

19/10/2013 at 16:48
Hello Coco glad to hear you had a fab holiday.
19/10/2013 at 16:50

Welcome home, Coco. Of course we mssed you! Every WAISter is, ahem, unique and therefore irreplaceable  Looking forward to hearing about the hols as soon as you're back in the land of the living. 

Sue. don't know what everyone else was laughing at. You sound absolutely normal to me  (Of all the new features the one I like most is 'Find my Phone'---tho C3 is so fly that, as he knows my password, he can track us when we're on the road cos he can log in as me and see where the iPhone is on the map---it being with me, obviously!)

And as for the glasses-on-the-nose stunt, Peter, I've done that so often that I know it's the first place to look now 

Nogs, that sounds absolutely terrifying! But knowing you, you'll power through it even on your second-best bike! 

Pippi, good news that you're feeling better. This is the time of year when you can go down with a lurgy quite quickly, so glad you saw it off. 

Awww, Yums, hope the noo shooze do the trick for you. You have been struggling with that hip/knee.quad issue for quite a while now. Oh, and these are not the friends who eat us out of house and home; these are other ones, who are going to TALK us out of house and home! Really nice people, but you simply have to interrupt them in full flow if you want to get a word in. (They do it to each other all the time, so don't even notice.) 

Larry, you always have such a lovely positive response to things. As you said, the people at Al-Anon have been a real anchor for so many people, but it's lovely that you appreciate that. Will be lovely to see Dan and Lauren, how is Dan getting on now? 

Spence, you're braver than me, I couldn't watch that stuff even hiding behind my fingers!

Melds, just think of the pleasures you're storing up for your old age. You will be able to buy box sets of all these exciting series and spend your last 30 years or so catching up with everything that's been going on  That said, I have to admit that we are very bad at series too; not least because living over here we don't always get to see them all, or in the right order. BTW, what's the vote on Downton Abbey? Any good? We got the DVD set of series 1 to try, but haven't had time yet. 

Having a great time showing friends around, nearly time to take them to another village. (But I think we might be ready for a quiet time by Monday afternoon!) xxx

19/10/2013 at 17:39

I enjoy Downton, despite myself. When it first started I thought I'd watch while I did the ironing, expecting a bit of Sunday evening nonesense, and when it began with the sinking of the Titanic in the newspaper, I thought I knew the cliches we were in for. Yes, the cliches are there (a bit), I don't think earlyC20 servants were that well treated and that pally with their employers, and some of the story is a bit predictable, but it is thoroughly entertaining. I'd recommend suspending the disbelief and enjoying it.

We've done pretty much all the Christmas shopping! (for 3 great-nephews/neices! - the big ones get cash!) Very warm in town, then it went dark and poured - got the bus just in time. Now the sun is shining in a clear blue sky!?!?!?

M...eldy    pirate
19/10/2013 at 18:03

Talking of recording and such like, 0730 tomorrow morning on Ch4 is the Cardiff Half and you may well see more of us as we were interviewed a few times round the course!

19/10/2013 at 18:49

And who knows I might be on channel 5 at 10:30

Pippi, my thoughts exactly on Downtown!

Welcome back Coco

19/10/2013 at 18:57

Hi all, just dashing through

Welcome back Coco, and lovely to see you Larry. I've spent all day at an Al Anon area meeting, sitting on my hands and screwing my face up trying not to volunteer for (any more) things I succeeded, for once

Plans have changed and I'm off to York tomorrow to cheer at the end of XB's marathon Quite excited Beanzie is marshalling at mile 18 I believe, so I'm trying to work out how to visit her and get back to the end without walking the last 8 miles of the course...

M...eldy    pirate
19/10/2013 at 19:01

Take your bike Daffs?

Give XB a shout from me please 

19/10/2013 at 19:43

Chuggs, I'm with Pippi on Downton. I watched the first two series avidly but have fallen off the waggon since. 

Oh, hello, coco, I've been keeping up with your holibobs on FB. Been a tough time, huh?

Chuggy, you do have an eclectic mix of friends - too greedy, too talkative....* wonders where the WAISTers fit*...... too barking 

Lovely that XB is plodding on but I'd prefer his company Give beanzie a big hug from me n tell her to get her 'arris in here. 

There seems to be an Anomaly in the space time continuum - I entered two 10ks today

19/10/2013 at 19:46

Considering it - it's a wiggly course so it's actually only 2 miles from mile 18 to the end But not sure I've got time to get from the station to mile 18 and then back to the end without getting up at stupid o clock in the morning, and considering I only saw Beanzie on Tuesday I might just head straight to the end

Will wear my waister t shirt though and give him a slap, er, shout from you

19/10/2013 at 20:05
Yums wrote (see)
Chuggy, you do have an eclectic mix of friends - too greedy, too talkative....* wonders where the WAISTers fit*...... too barking 

too fast!!!!!

Dr Daffs wrote (see)
so I'm trying to work out how to visit her and get back to the end without walking the last 8 miles of the course...

You could run ...

Talkative s-i-l is on the phone so I won't have Mr Ps company for quite a while ... I did hand him the phone when I saw it was his side of the family (I have nothing against them, but it's his side, he should talk to them ... or listen in this case!)

Edited: 19/10/2013 at 20:10
M...eldy    pirate
19/10/2013 at 20:07

Yums ,.... on the same day ??  

Pippi still trying to master the quote function  

19/10/2013 at 20:11

Quote function returned ... functionality not!

I have tried to edit it ...

19/10/2013 at 20:12

Pippette thinks it hilarious that I'm the ICT co-ordinator. She hasn't met the rest of the staff ...

M...eldy    pirate
19/10/2013 at 20:13

I am mildly amused too    

19/10/2013 at 20:15
Can't say that I've ever watched Downton, more into the crime stuff like CSI or stuff like The Killing and that type of who done its.

Yums good luck with the two 10k's,
XB
19/10/2013 at 20:39

Good luck tomorrow, Spencey, Noggy and Amandax and anyone who I've missed

19/10/2013 at 20:53

And you too XB! See you at the end

Of course, Noggy's big race, somehow that came round faster than I was thinking! And I see from Facebook that Amandax is doing a muddy trail race, and I'm not entirely sure what Spence is doing (a half I believe?) but I think she stole a number from someone else, she was so desperate to do it...

Waister racing ahoy!

Race reports by 5pm please (if you've finished by then!)

19/10/2013 at 20:54

Good luck yourself! (x- post XB - but good luck Daffs in being in 2 places at once!)

The phone seems not to be in use anymore, so I might go downstairs to get a precis of the news...

Edited: 19/10/2013 at 20:55
19/10/2013 at 20:59
Good luck XB and also anyone else that's running or doing an event of any description tomorrow
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.