working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

223,301 to 223,320 of 242,757 messages
20/10/2013 at 21:29

Well done Spence and Nogs. Who invented hills???

20/10/2013 at 21:41

Jetlag does very funny things to you.  I appear to have taped a half-marathon training schedule to my fridge 

20/10/2013 at 21:46

great day today, lovely to get a hug from XB, who seems to have finished well.

Fantastic running from many, and last runner came past us half an hour ahead if cut off which was good.

i have to say some of the stragglers reminded me not to sign up for a marathon!

M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2013 at 23:40

Now you see Coco ... once the fridge has the plans there is no turning back, ask Spence!!

Well marshalled Beanz, I expect that was less than fun if you had weather anything like we have had today!

Nearly home time for me and back in at 4pm tomorrow, I need to shoehorn in a whole weeks worth of stuff tomorrow and I dont intend getting out of bed that early!

21/10/2013 at 06:40
Actually the weather was great, apart from a few drops early on it was great, though too warm for some who had come dressed for rain.
21/10/2013 at 07:18

Morning team.

It looks a bit grim outside.  Not much planned today, I have to sort my kit, clean my bike etc.  

My body feels a bit better this morning.  I think I need a bossy fridge to give me a shove out the door over the winter.

21/10/2013 at 08:07

Morning Nog,

It's looking not too bad here, suns not out yet but there's blue sky and not too many clouds either.

I could do with one of those bossy fridges too.

21/10/2013 at 08:07

Morning!

Bit of an ouchy knee

Snaily now has a fellow potty mouth friend to get her round Stratty!

No need to thank Snaily Would hate you to drop to the 10k Theres no way Suz will let you stop

Piddling down here glad it was beautiful yesterday!

21/10/2013 at 09:08

Morning

Hoorah for runners and racers - very impressive

Sorry not on form today - 3 family members in unexpected emergency hospital visits, fall out from much stuff with bro 2 which I seem to be failing to fix all resulting in a little over 3 hours' sleep last night. Off for another night away from home for work - feeling sorry for myself so a kick up the arris would be appreciated.

Happy let's hope this week is actually full of untapped promise and positivity

21/10/2013 at 09:50

Well I shan't be kicking you up the arse DL, I shall be giving up a lovely snuggly hug and telling you to take it easy ((())))

I spent most of yesterday in a t shirt! Today I'm hiding inside with all the lights and heating on while the rain batters on the skylight... The right way round I think  

You doing the half at stratty too Spence? I'm losing track of what everyone's doing! I guess we'll find out when we get there  

Take it easy coco, good to have something to aim for but don't go off too fast and do yourself a mischief - work at it slowly remember!  

Aching slightly today after apparently walking 26,648 steps yesterday 

XB
21/10/2013 at 09:53

Sometimes a hug is much more effective than a kick up the harris. This is one of those times (((DL)))

21/10/2013 at 09:58

It is dark and grey in stoke and hammering it down. Pretty grim

hope you are all well and happy (or as happy as can be!)

snaunty is getting the best care, we're just watching and waiting. peaceful soothing vibes much appreciated. its like family tag team visiting at the hospice!

I've also had a mean chest infection, it's a wonder I haven't coughed a lung up!  Running stuff is gathering dust! Though I have got a good route in mind once the cough is more manageable and the rain stops!

21/10/2013 at 10:31

DL, i'm in the 'hug' camp.

Snails, look after yourself, you need all your strength and positivity.

Daffs, how's the roof/guttering behaving?

I've just cleaned my bike from yesterdays ride.

Three things have flagged up for me in my search for reasons why I struggled over Dunkery Beacon.

I was trying to convince myself that the bike I rode this year was higher geared than the one I rode last year.  I've checked and they are much the same.

I've found that I got a second puncture of the slow variety,  so I finished on a softening tyre.

Third, I ordered a 'Beast' cycling jersey in size XL.  I tried it on this morning and it's Italian sizing, I need a XXL or XXXL.

That may explain the lack of climbing prowess

21/10/2013 at 11:02

Oh dear Noggs! But you have plenty of climbing prowess, a puncture (2 in fact!) will not have helped, and sometimes things just go wrong on the day that you can't plan for. I for one am in awe of the distances and hills that you do - I can only hope to be as active and fit when I am your age, because I certainly am not now!

(oh, and gutter and roof seem to be holding up fine, thanks! fingers crossed... Nice not to have my heart sink and have to run for buckets every time it rains...)

(((snaily family))) glad snaunty is comfortable. Running will be there when you can get back to it xx

21/10/2013 at 11:26

Morning

~~~~~~~~~~~Snaunty~~~~~~~~~

Well done everyone on running/cycling/whatever else you did this weekend. The weather certainly wasn't fit for it at times.

Yums -what sports terrorist did you see? was it a physio or massage person? and its good to see you are running well again and entering races. I am quite envious but I will get there. Yes! I am Working At It Slowly

The Waister meet at Stratty sounds like it will be a jolly affair. I can't be there yet, too long a day for me but maybe next year .

Its Good to see you back Beanz.

Time for tea.

21/10/2013 at 11:37

Hi everyone 

Feeling vaguely back in the land of the living now after two nights at home.  Still in the wrong timezone though.

Had a fabulous holibobs - lots of sunshine, temperatures of 30 degrees plus every day and lots of time to do stuff other than work and not think about work at all.  Did me the world of good 

I also didn't do any running but did do loads of walking round the theme parks - apparently you can walk up to 13 miles a day in them .  Went back to swimming yesterday and intending to plod tomorrow and get back into it.

Now that my fridge has decided I need to train for a half-marathon, there will be no turning back 

I've read back, not retained much except that Snaily and Snaunty need hugs and positive vibes, so sending those by the bucket load.  ((((())))))

Hope everyone else is well xx

21/10/2013 at 12:56

I too believe a hung is the order of the day ((((((DL)))))

21/10/2013 at 13:20

A Hung Spence??? sounds a bit painful that .

21/10/2013 at 13:46

Oh dear, Spence, your 'hung' and XB' s bolt excretions yesterday are making my ribs hurt.  They are comedy gold.

21/10/2013 at 13:48

Afternoon All

Glad to hear that Snaunty is peaceful Snaily - ((((((((Snaily))))))) and ((snaily family)) - take care of yourself too

(((((((((DL))))))))))) - your lifestyle is quite exhausting with all that travelling so I can only imagine that family medical emergencies and family fall outs really are the final straws........take care

Nice day here but I am mega stressed since my network connection to school failed yesterday so I am very behind and this time tomorrow I shall be in Brussels

So best I make myself scarce - laters all

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.