working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

226,161 to 226,180 of 237,889 messages
04/01/2014 at 08:12

Morning 

incredible photos Tubbs!

Im off to parkrun

04/01/2014 at 08:20

That's quite a view if you're a fan of the ocean. (And its contents)

Morning each, and, yes, it's raining again here.

Holiday telly was indeed dire, but then much of it is week in week out.  The best stuff I saw was Hot Fuzz and The Plank, both on NY eve.

04/01/2014 at 08:25

morning 

tubbs - blimey great view but scary

I didn't really watch any holiday telly - I just record anything I want to watch, but seeing as I have finally caught up with all the series I have recorded then the normal telly must have been bad. Snaily breaking bad is one of my all time favourite series

off to spinning class then swimming this morning

04/01/2014 at 09:16

Morning all, Apart from wet and windy have no problems where I live but I suppose it helps living on higher ground.
Big day today for Mrs Westie she is hitting the big 70 . Eldest daughter flew up last night for a nice surprise so all four " children" where together last night. We are all out later today for drinks and a meal so should be a good night.

Glad to report Lurgy has just a bout departed now but other members of family are under the weather..
Some scary photo's on the floods and storms so glad to hear no reports of Waister problems.

Off down the shops soon so will call back later

coffee on

04/01/2014 at 09:25

Happy birthday to your lovely lady Westie xxx 

TV was dire over Christmas.  Other than Holby City which I always watch, we quite enjoyed Mrs Brown's Boys 

Raining here.  My right wellie now leaks so much I'm wearing a carrier bag. 

((( waisters )))) 

04/01/2014 at 09:42

I'm sitting at the kitchen table in lycra - I'm thinking that there was something I was meaning to do, if only I could remember what it was?........

Tubs - scary photos but glad to hear it didn't get into Jnr's flat

Happy birthday Mrs Westie

Happy Saturday one and all

04/01/2014 at 09:53

M...eldy next another capricorn or just an old goat

04/01/2014 at 09:54

just going to run away and hide for a few years now

04/01/2014 at 10:36
Good morning all,

Happy birthday to Mrs Westie.

Glad to hear you've all avoided the worst of the water Tubs
It's a nice day again here for now, no doubt it'll start storming later.

I don't watch much tv so didn't notice that it was carp over the holidays.
04/01/2014 at 10:38

Westie, please give the lovely Mrs Westie a big birthday hug from me so glad that all your "children" were able to get home for her special day. I'm sure that's the best present of all apart from waking next to you every day of course!! 

Ive parkrunned, the rain held off ! Hurrah!

Mathstivk, so glad to hear someone else enjoyed BB!!

DL, did you go!!? What you need is a race to train for

Happy to help

When they gonna take these ruddy Santa hats off!!?

04/01/2014 at 10:48

All I can say is

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

again......

04/01/2014 at 10:52

Happy Birthday Mrs Westie  Sounds like a fab family celebration  And very glad to hear that you are a) healthy again and b) still dry, Westie. They were predicting storm surges up the Forth, so keep a weather eye out!

Tubs, those are scary photos. Huge gold stars to the lifesaving peeps who kept the sea protection in place! Sounds like Tubs jnr should get away without major water damage, really hope so. That must be SO depressing---must take months to get the damp and the smell out  How did your shelter in the field fare? BTW, LOL at the idea of you 'wearing a carrier bag' on your wellie 

Snaily, glad to hear you too are dry. Devon really caught it this time, and I've thought of you every time I saw the photos. As for the 6 lbs, they will disappear in the course of Jan, for sure, especially with a new class.

Podds, like Mathschick I haven't had time yet to watch the telly I recorded except for the new Sherlock which was disappointing.; he was always fey but seems to have just turned mean and snidey and manipulative. C3 not impressed either.

But it is sad about your coastal arch-becoming-a-stack. It's nothing like as awful as having houses flooded, but it will be a long-term change to that bit of coast. 

DL, welcome home! I like the sound of 'I'm not quite sure what day it is'---that's one of my litmus tests for a good holiday 

Meldy is back in the land of the living----hooray! (Come to think of it, this is not unlike that last episode of Sherlock although of course Meldy, far from being mean and manipulative, is warm and cuddly and fuzzy, as we all know  Can't wait to see a photo of Murph---if he has been gifted with as much mud as the rest of the country he must be a sight for sore eyes! \

Mathschick, I actively hate exercises classes too, much better on my own. Glad things with your father are OK--- if caught in time melanomas are very treatable. Mr C had one a couple of years ago on his leg and tho he has an annual checkover, he's had no trouble since and they expect none. 

Peter, head office usually know nothing at all about what the work really entails. It can drive you nuts. But as you said, it's weekend now so you don't have to think about them 

Pippi, that sounds like a perfect country weekend but the photo of the prom at Deganwy was just awful. Suspect your decision not to go along the coast today was a good one! And glad to hear Mr P is getting around so well now---won't be long before he can dump the stick altogether, by the sound of it. 

It's weirdly springlike here: about 8 C (tho feels colder), Mr C says the daffs are coming out already. He, C3 and I are about to go into the village for coffee, then I need to try to catch up with all the stuff I haven't done over the hols!!!

04/01/2014 at 11:01

Good morning and a Happy New Year to all of you.

I must apologise for not popping in more regularly over the festrivites but out internet connection is so bad in this awful weather that its just not possible most of the time.

However, I am here today with some sad news.

Our lovely Milliedog, had to be put to sleep yesterday. She was 7 years old which is getting on for a large mastiff as they do not live a long time like smaller breeds. She was my loyal friend and I loved her dearly. I miss her so much already. She was at home when she left us as we tried to keep her stress to a minimum. One special lady. 

04/01/2014 at 11:05

Oh Larry - how sad. ((((((Larry))))) 

04/01/2014 at 11:59

Cripes Lazza, so sorry to hear about Milliedog.  That's pretty tough.

Westie, you can tell Mrs W that she's looking good, when we met at Stratty I assumed you were the sugardaddy.  Wish her a happy birthday from HL and I.

04/01/2014 at 12:41

Afternoon All

Happy Birthday Mrs Westie

Great pics Tubs - hope jnr's house has got off fairly lightly

More kennels today and have now ensured over the last 3 days that every dog has been out for a half hour walk - it's not much but it's better than nothing.....

(((larry))) - so sad to hear about Millie - I remember all the photos from when you first had her, time really has flown

04/01/2014 at 13:03

((((larry)))) sad news about Millie.

I've been for a "long" run  - rather too warm to wear the heavy top  ... Sandbags down and toilets closed .. but I made it home!

04/01/2014 at 13:24

Hello everyone from wet and blowy Blighty   We got back early this morning and the weather was a bit of a shock to put it mildly 

I have read back but not retained much except:

((((((Larry))))))) - so sorry to hear your news about Millie

((((((((Yums, and Yums' friend's family)))))) - it is devastating when someone chooses that option (my cousin killed herself several years ago) but depression colours everything a miserable shade of grey (I never thought "black dog" a particularly apt term) and has the power to make everything look horribly bleak.  It is a truly cruel illness.

Happy 70th to Mrs Westie - I hope you all have a lovely day

Glad you are feeling better, Melds - being ill during the christmas period is doubly miserable.

Hello and welcome to Mathschick - happy to talk knees at any point.  Mine have been a trauma in my life for quite a while but I am seriously hoping to get back to running properly this year.

What can I say about the holiday?  It was fabulous and very restorative in many many ways.  I spent the past week hopping about rocks and running and walking on sand and just having so much fun that was also really helpful in strengthening my knee.  And for the rest of the time, I lay on my sunbed, absorbed the sun and heat and read loads of novels   It was just the best!

And finally a big thank you to my Secret Santa - it was lovely to have a pressie to come home to and I shall really enjoy using both the lovely Sanctuary Spa hand lotion and the scarf/hat/snood/hairband combination .  I think the latter will be really useful as a scarf should the snow come as predicted next week.

It is lovely to be back home though - the cats were delighted to see us.  And I am looking forward to Jantastic this month 

04/01/2014 at 13:45

Afternoon,

Welcome home Coco, I'm glad that you had such a lovely holiday.

and welcome back to the land of the living Meldy, you haven't missed much!

(((Larry))), I am so sad to hear your news. I was lucky enough to meet Millie once, a real gentle giant if ever there was one.

Happy Birthday!  to the lovely Mrs Westie  Please pass on our best wishes.

Have been to collect a parcel from the local office, which is just over the road from home, and made my usual Saturday visit to Sainsbury's. I think that is going to be it for today, if not for the weekend, as the weather here is just more of the same.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Tubs, what a relief that Jnr's flat escaped flooding. That weather certainly looked wild. I haven't ventured down to our seafront to see what the damage is.

Podds, what a shame that your arch has become a stack so soon. I know it isn't a major problem, set against lives lost and homes flooded, but I know I would be very sad if/when our 'local' (actually quite a way down the coast) arch goes.

Yes, TV has been absolute carp recently, I must confess that I haven't seen any of breaking bad. Am currently watching a 'Midsomer' repeat .

04/01/2014 at 15:33

(((((((Larry))))) very sad news

DL wrote (see)

All I can say is

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

again......

You went then!?

Ive been race entering! Got half maras in March, April & May & a 10k beginning April

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.