working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

226,161 to 226,180 of 243,238 messages
05/01/2014 at 14:03

Hooray, Daffy hasn't been taken over by some running obsessive! 

I haven't run but I did have a bike ride first ish thing. Felt very hard work, even out of the wind, but I didn't fall off!

Glad I went then as it is wet and windy now ....

taking the decs down this afternoon so I suppose I better change back to a non-festive name and avatar ...

05/01/2014 at 15:25

G'day each.

My apologies for the duff jokes yesterday but XB started it.

HL and I did 2 hours on the bikes this morning, a nice flat circuit and it was a bit chilly.  I'm trying to get her to have more time on the bike as we build up to Mallorca.  The pace is a bit slow for me but it was a nice ride just the same.

The weather has turned soggy here too Pipps.

05/01/2014 at 16:37

Afternoon all,

Thanks, everyone, for the messages, both here and on fb. 

I have been outside for some exercise, before the wind hits again as forcast. 

Janathon sounds interesting. Not quite sure what I can contribute but it will be good reading all of your exploits.

Its very good to see that Murph is enjoying his new home.

05/01/2014 at 17:02

I've had a beer

and now I have wine

Back to work tomorrow 

Six whole weeks till the next holiday * 

*The above post was especially for Nogs 

05/01/2014 at 17:18

Afternoon,

Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

As Spence hinted at, I'm planning on doing 3 HALFsbailynailynaily

Good luck with that Snaily 

*groans at the bad 'jokes'* I see that Westie's place will be filled while he is away! Take care and have a great time Westie.

I love the thought of Murph and fling being mudlarks, as I used to be when I was a r*nner (although I never actually went as far as rolling in it).

Looks as if we have lots of exciting plans for races etc this year. I will watch with interest .

Have taken down the Christmas tree and put away the decs. Popped over to The Range to look at furniture. We want a new dining suite but don't really want to spend as much as they cost . It is another dire day here (when will we be able to stop saying that?!), heavy rain and the wind is starting to pick up again. Back to 'normal' tomorrow with MS starting work at 7.00 and me doing the first aquagym of the year.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

05/01/2014 at 18:25

We are all going to meet at Stratty again  in November aren't we!!!?

05/01/2014 at 18:26

Spence, I see the government have plans to make teachers work 50 weeks of the year and have school open until 6 pm.  It'll be like having a ................job.

I like that Michael Gove.

Our kids are back tomorrow.

Oops, got that wrong.  They have an insect day.

05/01/2014 at 18:30

Teachers don't like that Michael Gove and it ain't cos of the holidays!!!

Even teachers I know who are Tories don't like him!!!

This is my second 'career' so I know I'm lucky with the holidays, having said that my pay isn't great for the hours I do!!! 

05/01/2014 at 18:34
Good evening all,

Our kids are back in the morning, although the boys only have one day at school, then they off on a ski trip for the rest of the week

Spence your organized thinking about November, I'm not even organised for this week yet.
05/01/2014 at 18:35

Don't rise to it. Just ignore him and he'll go away!

(I'm working, and have been all afternoon ...)

05/01/2014 at 18:45

Ahh but Peter tis no ordinary November tis a WAISTer meet November!! 

05/01/2014 at 18:54
Indeed Spence, that's an important thing to get sorted sooner rather than later. ????
05/01/2014 at 18:59

what's stratty?

I don't know anyone who likes Gove. Nice to see Tony Robinson has been criticising him...

05/01/2014 at 19:14

'baaaaa' said the innocent one.

and she who had been around for a while noted the lamb heading innocently towards the slaughter 

bye bye mathschick - time to get your water wings at the ready

05/01/2014 at 19:22

oh dear I think I did something wrong? is it too late to retract?

05/01/2014 at 19:25
No you're alright mathschick, DL is pulling your leg somewhat.
05/01/2014 at 19:33

phew....

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
05/01/2014 at 19:36

oh no she isn't

M...eldy    pirate
05/01/2014 at 19:40

*chortle*

05/01/2014 at 19:42

You innocently asked 'What's Stratty?' For most the answer might be 'The birthplace of English playwriting and all things Shakespearean' (especially giant pencils and fudge if the gift shops are anything to go by.

Here though the answer can be  - you have now signed up for a triathlon or to take part in a race of indeterminate length. Both of which involve meeting WAISTers in the flesh. This is not something which should be entered into lightly. The images etched onto my retina are etched deep and the mental scars, well lets just say I never owned a cat before and now I have a  hundred. These events are used somewhat like cult recruitment drives. Daffy went this year, just to have a look, and now she's one of the forum 5 and has taken u spinning in her spare time. Snaily asked the same question you did, she had to move to Torbay to escape the pressure of being too local. Far Far has even talked about buying a bike.

I'm just saying, be careful Mathschick - the internet is a dangerous place. These people appear to have your best interests at heart but all they really want to do is sign you up to pain!!!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.