working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

228,441 to 228,460 of 229,916 messages
07/03/2014 at 22:46

ROFL Pippi!

I missed Crufts tonight as I was over on a girlie tri night doing size fittings for our special edition cycle jersey for the IoW lasses weekend away

Very civilized with veggie chilli and loads of scrummy cakes - only downside was no drinking, especially as the chief police person with responsibility for the whole of our patch this evening had popped in ("in the line of enquiries" you understand) for a quick fitting!!

It's going to be a fab weekend

Congrats Spence and esp Mr Spence

~~~~SWIN~~~ but from a safe distance

Happy recuperating cocktailing to HL and great biking Noggs - am well jell

Bed for me now and then for the weekend bring on airkix flying and indoor skiing.........

08/03/2014 at 07:47

Surely i'm not first up?? (not that i'm out of bed myself yet...)

73 miles nogs??respect to that man!

8 miles for me yesterday, faster than the other week and experimenting with different run/walk intervals - 2 miles r1w, 2 miles r2w1, 2 miles r3w1, thena mile of r4w1 then legs were worn out (too close to the 4 milesthenight before!) so last mile st r1w1.

Can't tell whichwas fastest anyway after all that, too many confounding variables (hills/headwind/first mile grumpiness). As a researcher i should have known better!

08/03/2014 at 08:19

morning

podds - have fun today

daffs - I am up and have had breakfast, internet is going very slowly though (probably due to those pesky kids playing online games!!)

throat is feeling loads better so going to have an easy day of doing housework/shopping/bike ride with kids and hope that I will be fine to do the half tomorrow

M...eldy    pirate
08/03/2014 at 08:26

Morning all 

Podds .. I've got the cameras on you !!

Nog
08/03/2014 at 08:53

Morning each.

Have a grand day Podds.  Ellis Brigham and Evans well worth a browse.

HL is turning the pedals today. A sociable ride out for coffee and cake.

Have fun everyone.

08/03/2014 at 09:28
Morning all,

I'm up and on the coffee before heading out with the boys for their rugby training, Lottie's got cancelled due to coaches being away so I'm getting a dog free run for once.
08/03/2014 at 09:30

Morning all. Been in a long dark tunnel of administrative duties this week (all the things I'm secretary/organiser of seem to have deadlines at once----aaarrrgghh!) so have missed several days and about to zoom out now so will read back later. But

Congrats to the Spences for courage and endurace. They tell me it starts to hurt less when you get to 40  years  xxxx

Nogs, BEEEEG respect!! Fab going. Hope you and HL have a lovely amble out--anything involving coffee and cakes is off to a good start. 

Morning your Meldyship, though I'm not sure if you're getting up or going to bed 

Pdds, sounds like a great evening before a fab weekend 

Daffs, no matter what frequency you choose, you're still going faster and faster! 

MC, glad the throat is better, those can really hurt! Don't do TOO much house work today, make the others do it so you can save some energy for tomorrow 

Apologies to everyone else, not had time to read back yet. 

Fizzy still ouching. Asked casually if I could try running, being as how it's a different movement and all that. He gave me a dirty look and said not til I could walk  But he's started giving me exercises, which must be a good sign, right?  They hurt 

But C1 has officially resigned from her job in Oz (many tears but she knows she's ready to move on) and weather here is aMAZing, sunny and warm, with loads of flowers out. The Dutch plant crocuses almost as ground cover, so there are just fields of them beside roads and paths everywhere. Ooops, gotta go to the village with C2, back later. 

WAISt well all! 

08/03/2014 at 13:33

Given up on the long run today at least ... Still a bit off colour with a lumpy throat and low on energy.

very quiet in here ....

might pop out to window shop birthday presents ... Mr Ps next week, and of course he doesn't know what he wants apart from a new bike which he isn't ready for ... However my birthday is the week after!

M...eldy    pirate
08/03/2014 at 13:43

Its beautiful outside thats why there is no one in here  

Chuggy, the bulbs sound fantastic.  I am very much awake sadly, earlies today and tomorrow so I had a nice early night last night and then I managed to be awake at 0415 for some reason and with an alarm an hour later it is never a good idea to go back to sleep after that so me and the GPO snoozed until it was breakfast time (for him, not me)!!

Hope Podds is enjoying MK resplendant in its spring clothes 

08/03/2014 at 13:43
Good afternoon all,

Cold, dry and windy here today.

I have been out for a run, 8 miles, don't think I've ever run that far in one go before. Also discovered when I put my run into Fetch I've run 200 miles this year, ????
08/03/2014 at 14:24

73 earth miles Noggs! Impossible here as you run out of island after 25! 

Coffee and cake is lovely, especially in Rotterdam with Mr and Mrs Chuggy 

((( lurgified waisters ))))

Stlll dealing with the fuchsia aftermath here. Sorting logs, fetching hay. I am kerknackered! 

Very windy but sunny too  I think Winter is finally on it's soggy way out 

(((( waisters ))))

08/03/2014 at 14:27

I did watch a bit of Crufts the other day, stunning Great Dane, but the poor Alsatan  looked deformed, what on earth have they done to such a lovely breed? So low at the back his spine looked curved 

Nog
08/03/2014 at 15:47

I love dogs but I'm not a fan of Crufts.  It always seems more of an ego trip for breeders than a good natured doggifest.

HL managed 30 miles this morning.  We've just got a cab into Port Alcudia to find a pharmacy for her (and lunch)

I'm up for a long ride tomorrow, I'll see what's on offer at tonight's meeting.

Happy weekend.

08/03/2014 at 16:11

Morning  

Hope you're having a fan day, Podds. Keep a close eye on her, m.....eldy 

Tubbs, I agree, I loved the Great Dane but the German Shep looks deformed. And can someone please tell me what Dachshunds are supposed to hunt? Their little legs go 10 to the dozen. I'm guessing its not elk or elephants 

Crocuses, cake and coffee sounds almost idylic, chuggs Do the Dutch do Daffies?

Pippi, a wise choice to window shop to give Mr p the heads up on your birthday pressie. It's cross training you know

Well run, Peter. I think I might be disappointed if I kept stats of my mileage!

Its quiet in here because Spence is in lunnon tarn for the day! 

I have dawg walked, cycled n meditated. Now just parking my arris 

08/03/2014 at 16:21
Thanks Yums, I still have the dawg to take out but at the moment its time for a brew.
08/03/2014 at 17:44

Hello everyone   It's been a happy sunny Saturday in London and I hope you've all had a nice day.

Sounds like it was just as lovely where you are Chuggy.  And listen to the fizz!  You can't run until this is sorted properly as you'll make it worse or damage another bit.

Some impressive mileages Nogs and PY

Pippi - if this is the lurgy that I've had then in all seriousness the only solution is to rest.  I was up and out of bed on Weds but overdid things round the house and then felt worse than ever on Thursday.  As much as I was frustrated by it, the advice from wise WAISTers to rest was the right advice.

Podds - hope you are having a fab time.

We're beginning to feel better today and ventured into Town for the afternoon with the Dohar BiL as he goes back tomorrow.  

The weather has been so lovely that I am really champing at the bit to get out and run.  Hoping to be back to swimbling club tomorrow night and back running on Tuesday - fingers crossed!

08/03/2014 at 17:50

We've window shopped bikes ... I did think the man inLBS was talking sense, but Mr p also pointed out he had moved me up £300 in what I was looking at! Started ASIC and below my ballpark figure,then moved up and said that if I went for something better I would stick with it, but going for a more basic model, I'd be after something better in a year or so! Hmmmm 

also had a look at a place near retail park and had a wander round there, did a little real shopping too.

200 miles Peter? you'll be aiming at 1000 for the year then?

Nog
08/03/2014 at 17:56

Dachshunds were bred for Badger hunting I believe.  My money would be on the badger.

M...eldy    pirate
08/03/2014 at 18:54

My mate has three standard dachsies .. sturdy little buggers I tell you and considerably larger than you would think!!

08/03/2014 at 19:05

are standard dachshunds like standard roses - very long legs with small dog on top? 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.