working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

228,541 to 228,560 of 229,872 messages
11/03/2014 at 15:08

Westie, Hamish Macbeth country = dead jealous ! 

11/03/2014 at 15:43

Afternoon

I'm off home - seems my head cold has gone to my stomach and I'd rather be at home! 

Laters

11/03/2014 at 16:10

I bet everyone else thinks so too, Podds! (((()))) from a distance

M...eldy    pirate
11/03/2014 at 16:14

Evening all 

The sun has just come out to finish off the day .. its been a tad chilly today although its prob still a very nice March day

Had on/off sleep last night thanks to the GPO and his ablutions..... on a late late shift all week, no nights for me so that means I get a full 4 days off at the end rather than sleeping in to the first one as I usually do. Hoping to get some good miles in on the bike at the weekend ... cant have Noggs getting all the miles in

Tubs, my one regret will be not taking the FGO to the beach, he would have died and gone to heaven in all that water!

Busy day what with one thing and another and another of another thing  

11/03/2014 at 17:47

Afternoon,

Sounds as if there has been lots of WAISTer activity over the past few days. Well done to those of you who have been out and about.

(((Peleton Pen))) Glad to hear that you are getting some serious riding in Noggs, but sorry that HL has been ailing. I must admit that Daffy's cycle ride is much more my style .

(((Podds))) home sounds exactly where you should be. Were you not told to give your knee 48 hours rest after the steroid injection BTW?

(((DL, Coco, Mathschick, FarFar and anyone else feeling fragile)))

(((Snaily))) it's tough when you have work troubles and can't get any respite at home - and vice verse. Really hard decisions to be taken, all you can do is listen to your heart. I do agree with Cheesy that  you don't want to realise in 20 years time that you have wasted the best years of your life 

Today has been grey and cooler, after 4 absolutely lovely days. Not a cloud in the sky for days on end - we rarely see that even in summer! Was able to get out in the fresh air a little at the weekend and yesterday BFF and I sat by the marina and enjoyed a lunch of scalllops and chorizo - bliss .

Sorry I went missing for a couple of days, I was making a deliberate effort to put the comp down for a while.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

11/03/2014 at 17:49
Good evening all,

The sun is still shining here, makes up for what overall has been a carp day, can't get any work done due to broken internet, the pile of paperwork is beginning to get out of hand, it's getting crazy now that is almost 2 weeks that its been like that.
On the bus home now, just hope we've got a driver who wants to get home too.
11/03/2014 at 18:00

"Benefit Street" wants to set a new series in road next to our school!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed the residents have the sense to say no.

And a man was shot in the kneecaps round the corner.

I've had a scale and polish at the dentist.

11/03/2014 at 18:07

I'm so 20th century, I wondered for a moment how Peter could be posting when a) he didn't have Internet working and b) was on the bus ...

We have a weather station thingie on our kitchen windowsill. This morning it read 0.7 deg C. This afternoon when I got in .. 24 deg C! though doesn't really feel it ...

No wonder HL thinks cyclists are all snake like athletes (or whatever you said) living with you, Nogs! Fancy enjoying 70 miles up mountains!

M...eldy    pirate
11/03/2014 at 18:30
Pippi LS wrote (see)

And a man was shot in the kneecaps round the corner.

I've had a scale and polish at the dentist.

Are the two connected ???  

11/03/2014 at 19:17
Pippi,
The bus has WiFi, although its not that good only works for the first 5 miles in each direction, mind you its still better than the works does at the moment.
11/03/2014 at 20:04

Good grief Pippi!! 

11/03/2014 at 20:19

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/330181/gallery/awards_2013.jpg?width=350

These are my awards from the weekend. Still feeling so chuffed.

Snaily - hope you can both come to a decision that is right for you both. 

11/03/2014 at 20:20
That sounds like such a nice area Pippi.
11/03/2014 at 20:22
Nice prizes Amanda, well done.
11/03/2014 at 20:47

Hi everyone   Having stomped out in frustration yesterday, I am now back feeling better and hoping that RW will let me post a whole post this time 

Congrats Amanda!  Really well deserved.

Snaily - so sorry you're having a tough time at the moment.  I moved a lot in my early adulthood and I appreciate just how disruptive it can be.  I would say that even with trying to join things, having a job and making friends it still takes somewhere in the region of 2 years to settle properly somewhere new.  And the older you are, probably the longer it takes.  I agree with what the others have said - you must do what's right for you - but it may be that it's worth giving it longer than just the summer before you have "the" conversation.  Perhaps christmas might be worth considering?  But whatever happens, we will definitely be here for you!

Apologies to all who have caught the lurgy.  It is clearly my fault entirely .  Just tell me what I need to do to make amends .  I do hope you feel better soon.

I am hoping to feel well enough to run tomorrow but I STILL have a sore throat, slightly snotty nose and headache even well after a week of this.  Very frustrating especially as the fizz was really pleased with me this morning - she said "your left knee is excellent" (that's the one I damaged 18 months ago in Brazil).  I barely see her now except for when I need my exercises adjusting or I get another twinge of some kind.  My right knee has been bothersome for a few weeks now so she had some work to do on that but basically I am doing really well so that's very happy news.  Chuggy - I really hope that you make good progress with your fizz but remember that it does take time!

right, off to bed.  Nite all!

M...eldy    pirate
11/03/2014 at 21:01

Coco it sounds like a nice walk in the fresh air would be better medicine than a run at the moment ...  

11/03/2014 at 22:03
Evening
Thanks for the wise words, I'm kind of letting things tick over and see what happens, my decision is made, I'm staying, so he just has to make up his mind. The kitchen is hopefully being sorted soon, then we're getting a dog. I'm super excited.

Spence OH can't support another team, that's like asking him to stop breathing!!!

Oh jeeZ they are making another benefits street!

Ran tonight with plod pal, another great run for me. 5k in 39 mins that's our hilly route and we've shaved off 2 mins. So feeling chuffed
Bloody shattered now so I'm in bed doing the star shape. OH is relegated to the spare room, he has a terrible cough and I need to sleep!!! Hee hee
Nog
12/03/2014 at 06:21

Morning each.

HL and I are planning an easy spin out this morning if the weather stays ok.

Have a great Wednesday.

12/03/2014 at 06:36

Morning  

(((((Podds)))) stay right where you are and don't share your germs!

((((((Snaily)))) it may be that when Mr s realises you're serious about staying with or without him, he'll make an effort but as M....eldy says, he does need to do that himself. Hope Doc listens and gets him seen. He must be worried about that too

Well cycled Noggs. Glad HL is well enough to get her leg over

Sluggy, don't put the computer down on waisters. Pick on someone else!

Chuggy, lol at the Dutch and their bulbs. Its not just Tulips then;-) 

Sorry, just dashing through so cant reply properly. Another mad week with football, run club, olds n long lost aunt(82 and off to trek in Bhutan in November) opticians, maths, Buddha club, hair cuts.......oh and work!

Well trotted MC 

12/03/2014 at 06:36
Good morning all,

The sun is popping his head out again, I've been domesticated and hung a load out, now on the bus again, although I think I'd rather be outside as it seems warmer out there than in here.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.