Yesterday at 08:48

morning all another beautiful day here

Yesterday at 08:54

Morning! 

Beautiful day here too   doggie walk with friend/colleague this morning 

Seeing friend with adopted daughters this afternoon 

Yesterday at 09:42
kitchen open
(we went to find The Gruffulo while it was being plastered)

i did read back but there's too much fug in my head to retain much. still no plodding or swimming for me. dont think yoga gd idea tonight, i dont fancy being upside down and i cant breathe through my nose.

now who's for a nice cup of tea?
Yesterday at 09:45
Morning

I am on a train. Not the one I was supposed to be on as the first one was delayed and I got to watch my connecting train disappear into the distance without me. I am going to Cheltenham for a meeting - that's novel, I haven't been there for a meeting before. Tonight I am going to Istanbul. I won't be flying there, I'll be driving as it's a restaurant in Leicester. I am going out on a school night (because for some of us school holidays are a work of fiction) I know, I'm a rebel with a rock and roll lifestyle. I'll be getting something pierced or wearing a leather jacket before you know it.

Woohoo to weight losers, to the runners and riders and to the few who are actually working today.

Happy Wednesday one and all
Yesterday at 10:16
Morning

Weightloss going well with peeps, well done

Just a dash thu, downstairs cleaned, 3.5 miles done, just need to shower and clean upstairs then I'm ready for visits.

Some v sad news from my neighbour, her sis had commuted suiside, totally out of the blue she's only 29. Seems to be over a man. Such a waste of life and the family are in shock. Her family are in South Africa so she's in termoil. Terrible loss. Life can be cruel.
Yesterday at 12:33

Blast - just lost a long post

In summary

Weather - nice and sunny

Work - from home...........allegedly...........but may have to go in

Boys - been to the vets' this morning and behaved impeccably around both cats and an exceedingly large and grumpy Great Dane

*passes smelling salts to Daddy Yums* think the poor bloke may need them!!

Sad news for neighbour indeed Snaily

Yesterday at 13:17

morning all

fab photo MC

I'm feeling fine thanks Spence. Haven't plodded yet, going out for a meal with work this evening (unheard of) so won't be plodding in the morning either - ah well, rest is good

Snaily - what a dreadful waste of life

Yesterday at 17:01
Snaily - I am so sorry to hear about your neighbour's sister. My cousin killed herself aged in her 20s and my brother took an overdose (but survived) when he was about 21. It's devastating for the people left behind because they always wonder whether they could have done something to help prevent it. And it's horrible to think of people being in the state of mind when they don't want to go on living. My heart goes out to the family.

Getting married is not new, no. We've been engaged for a while and together for 7 years. We're just trying to get round to tying up the last few legal details and it means something to me especially to be married rather than just living together. We're planning a small registry office 10 minute thing - but with an option for a family party at a later date and of course I will need a new outfit and shoes

On the train home, feeling shattered still. Fizz has banned me from running at all til Sunday at the earliest in order to give my hip a proper chance to heal. I don't mind too much at the moment - feel too shattered to do anything except sleep right now!
Yesterday at 17:49

snaily - that is sad news, so hard for everyone. A girl at my school committed suicide a few years ago, it was awful. 

coco - good news about your wedding - when is it? We had a small registry office do, and I am glad I did that rather than a big do.

Yesterday at 18:21
Good evening all,

((((Snaily&neighbour))))

I'm on the world's slowest bus journey, there was a burst gas main on one of the main roads this morning and now the queue out of the city is about 6 miles long ???? its taken the bus 40 minutes to go 500 feet, and to cap it all there's a screaming kid as well ????. Nevermind at least its the weekend tomorrow,,????
Yesterday at 18:58

How very sad Snaily 

Club night  

M...eldy    pirate
Yesterday at 19:10
DL wrote (see)
Morning

I am on a train. Not the one I was supposed to be on as the first one was delayed and I got to watch my connecting train disappear into the distance without me. I am going to Cheltenham for a meeting - that's novel, I haven't been there for a meeting before. Tonight I am going to Istanbul. I won't be flying there, I'll be driving as it's a restaurant in Leicester. I am going out on a school night (because for some of us school holidays are a work of fiction) I know, I'm a rebel with a rock and roll lifestyle. I'll be getting something pierced or wearing a leather jacket before you know it.

Woohoo to weight losers, to the runners and riders and to the few who are actually working today.

Happy Wednesday one and all

Oh .. I know that restaurant, did it used to be called Constantinople??   

Snaily, suicide is always hard to deal with, a very selfish way to go (IMO)

The FGO was very norty today and had a tour of the gardens before we went out for a ride and then he bounced round the lanes snorting a lot.   Someone has been on the spring grass I think!!

11 miles run for me, not the ground breaking efforts of recent but 11 miles is 11 miles and I saw ducklings 

Back to work tomorrow so I shall be behind the iron curtain for a while and then I have to work all weekend and a couple of rubbish shifts Sat and Sun
Appt with the solitictors Thursday next week to go through the contracts and then I think everything will go a bit quickly  .... best I get boxing  

Yesterday at 19:37

Evening,

Have been looking in but still having problems with site/comp. Sorry that I missed congratulating Tubs and Mr Tubs on lasting for 35 years of marriage.

Snaily, what a terrible shock for your neighbour 

Great photo MC, in my one-and-only mara finish photo  I look rather less fresh and smiley!

Great running,cycling, working and weightloss.

Glad to hear that the boys behaved themselves Podds.

LOL Yums, did your father need the smelling salts?!

We had a lovely meal on Monday, now looking forward to our weekend away 

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Yesterday at 19:49

Westie said he'd been to that restaurant when it was called Byzantium.

been out for school tea but couldn't stay long enough to wait for the quiz as the brain is mush and the rest not far behind... One more day.... Zzzzz 

vegetating with an iPad 

yeo
Yesterday at 20:12

Sorry to butt in, but some of you may have in the past posted on the old plod thread, and will be sad to know that our friend Parddu has passed away.

I have boinged The Daily Plod thread if anyone wants to chat

Nog
Yesterday at 20:13

I knew that area when it was all fields Pipps.

Well, my car has been fixed and the bill wasn't eye watering,

I collected enough signatures and support so it seems I'll be a candidate in next month's District Council Elections,

I did a hard interval session on the bike and my pace is improving.

and HL bought me dinner.

Now, that's a good day.

M...eldy    pirate
Yesterday at 20:18

Ah Yeo,  I do remember ...   how very sad

Nogs that does sound like a good day, I hope you found time to polish off your soap box  !!

Nog
Yesterday at 20:47

Melds, no soapbox needed, I was pushing at an open door.  They were mightily impressed that I'd got off my arris and spoken to them.

I'm struggling to recall Parddu. 

Yesterday at 22:15

Ididn't   know Parddu, sad news though.

Great club run, over the fields 

Yesterday at 23:06

Sorry to hear about Parddu, Yeo. Thanks for telling us. 

And (((((Snaily's neighbour))))

As you said, it's very hard for the people who are left; but usually the person who did it is in such mental agony that it may not be quite fair to just think of them as selfish altho probably some are. Anyway, awfully sad. 

Coco, how sensible to leave the wedding to look after itself for a few months! You still have loads of time in hand, and right now as you said you have more than enough on your plate. 

Daffs, I envy you sleeping in the train. I would be terrified of going right through my stop and waking up somewhere else entirely! 

Noo, that's a stinking good time for a half! You should be well chuffed. hope that cold gets better, tho, sounds like it's making you feel pretty carp. 

Peter, sounds like you ran into the mother of all traffic mess-ups last night. Hope today was better!

Awww, Podds, you must have been right proud of the lads, being such gentlemen at the vet's! It's all down to the quality of their home life, of course 

Pippi, LOVE the photo---Nogs to the life!! 

DL, what a total nightmare of a journey. HOW can they cancel a meeting you've come so far for, and not even tell you? These people must BURN money in the form of wasted costs! Not to mention your time and energy 

((((FJJ))))

Two bosses is bad. Two bosses who don't get along is awful. Hope you can stay out of the middle. 

MC, what a superb photo! You deffo finished in great style! 

Awww, Spence, how lovely to get a nice prezzie out of the blue like that. Must have made your day. 

Melds, love the thought of the FGO and spring fever! Mind you, 67 miles for you sounds like some form of fever to me!  Hope all goes well with the solicitor, it's such a relief when you actually exchange and you know for sure it's going through. 

Nogs, mega impressed that you're running for District Council. Good man. It's a lot easier to whinge about politicians from a safe distance than it is to get in there and fix things so hats off to you!

Yums, LOL at your father and the yoni! Think I might have left him in happy ignorance, but I imagine he was amused. 

Sluggie, glad the anniversary was such a success. Nice to stop once in a whole and congratulate yourselves---not so many people actually get to 30 years, so you done good!

You may recall I have seen rather a lot of the dentist this winter; and after I had that tooth out I didn't seem to feel like eating much for a while. Weighed myself yesterday and found that I've lost a stone in the last 3 months. Who'd a thought dentistry would do you so much good?!?

Nine people for dinner tomorrow so I'd best get some sleep while I can! xx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.