working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

241,041 to 241,060 of 241,774 messages
M...eldy    pirate
09/03/2016 at 18:04

I have sossiges and a tomato risotto for supper, I am rather looking forwards to that  

09/03/2016 at 18:53
Today's excuse is that I have an appointment with the PT tomorrow evening
09/03/2016 at 19:40

I don't need the book of excuses today  I actually made it to spin for the first time in some weeks

however today has been another day from hell - including the failure of an external computer based exam  partially due to the fact that we no longer have proper ICT support due to cost cutting of support staff..........

when will they learn!!

Mr P goes off to Spain on "business" tomorrow...................guess I'll be having a week of wild partying in his absence 

M...eldy    pirate
09/03/2016 at 19:50

Daffs, that is not good enough !  

Well done Podds  

09/03/2016 at 22:05

I train my brain on Wednesdays by going to French ...

09/03/2016 at 22:39

Tres bien Madame Pippi

10/03/2016 at 01:38
Hello all you lovely runners.

Just wanted to pop back to say that I followed the advice that many of you gave me to slow down, take days off, etc. Calf and hip pain is now minimal thanks to you.

Cheers!
10/03/2016 at 08:13

Morning

Hoorah Ebbs and Flows - I haven't run for ages - I have no calf or hip pain! Haven't done much training lately - have been using the car. I did run 

the tap. I also recycled

(((((the Far Fars)))))

(((((WIN))))

Hope the exams go smoothly today Podds - is Spain another name for patio? Ours has all the hardcore laid with no slabs yet - can't help feeling OH is waiting for something!!

Pippi - where is the monkey?

Looking forward to hearing all about your PT session Daffers

Have cleared up cat puke today - it's always a joy to start the day with a near barefoot miss

Happy Thursday - hope the sun shines on you

10/03/2016 at 08:56

Morning all. 

(((((FarFars)))) xxx

DL, as long as it was a 'near barefoot miss' you have avoided the worst. I mean, you could have stepped right in it  (been there...) Hope life is settled and happy now that the review is behind you. It must have been just brilliant for FC to know she could stay!

Westie. the beard is very dashing! And indeed you may want to keep it as preparation for your adventure: built-in sun protection and no need to shave!  Hope the walk today goes well, but be sensible; if you really had man-flu your energy levels will be quite a bit down. Take care. 

Melds, 7 miles in pouring rain. This is an Ironman in action! [bows down with respect] You have earned your sausages, my lady! 

(((((Podds))) The computers clearly add a new level of madness to the exams. Keep paddling, and keep the gin at hand. Luckily it sounds like they only last a week or so. Bit hard that Mr P has to be away, just when you could use some moral support, but it may be safer for him that way 

Ebbs, that's really good news---no pain. A sign you're on the right track. Now the challenge is to keep at it. Do keep looking in here, it really helps. (But if Meldy asks you whether you can swim or ride a bike, JUST SAY NO. You have been warned 

And welcome back John B---or is it Sloopy now?  Hope you did manage to get out, rain notwithstanding, and are enjoying the glow of virtue!

((((Sluggie))) What rotten luck to get the lurgy now---the last thing you need. The best thing is probably not to fight it (you don't want to add to your stress levels), just give yourself time to feel better and in the meantime spoil yourself any way you can. xxxx

Lovely weather here, cold and bright. Looking forward to a nice ramble with Mo. I really need to start running again but somehow life still feels off-balance. C3 is doing fine, but it's such a long business, and when I pick him up from the train in the evening he looks so white and exhausted, and I know that's getting him down although he never complains. I'll fell better when he does! Meanwhile, it's onward and upward: two beds to change and a day spent in medieval Southampton! WAISt well, all. xxx

10/03/2016 at 09:41

Howdy all......

10/03/2016 at 12:03

Oh heck - Westie's been on the bottle already!!

Morning All

Mr P last night: I've got a taxi coming at 4am so I'll sleep downstairs and then I can sneak out without disturbing you and the dogs...

I think: yeah right, like that's gonna happen.....

I say: sounds like an idea

3.43AM: Mr P's alarm goes off downstairs and wakes me upstairs but not him

3.52AM: goes off again, no sign of movement so I get up and check he's up...... He is, dogs are awake but not moving....I go back to bed

3.57AM: bleedin' taxi driver rings the doorbell instead of the usual phone call!!!!!!! All hell breaks loose, 2 dogs launch themselves off the bed and down the stairs, trampling me in the process, 3rd one runs around the lounge squeaking.........

I abandon all hope of sleep............

10/03/2016 at 14:48

Afternoon all. My rest day today, so if anyone needs an excuse they can have one of mine

Podds, when should we arrive for the house party? I have a half bottle of vodka somewhere. Hope they sort out the exam nonsense. 

Good show Ebbs, not worth pushing through pain. 

DL I also spent my morning clearing up cat puke. They did try to tell me overnight but I thought they were just begging for more food. 

Yep, just being back in the WAISTer environment and having a reminder of how terrifying Meldy's "get training" glare is is quite inspirational to get back into the swim (and run and cycle...) of things

Did "intervals" last night, though my fast bits were everyone else's jog recovery speed! I tried to pay some fit bird a fiver to do them for me but no deal. I wimped out and did them on the dreadmill. I'm not as hardcore as Meldy. But then who is? 

Spent the night tossing and turning and feeling overheated which I blamed on my sesh, but it turned out I was just getting a bit snotty. I feel your pain (or snot) Slugsta, but in my case sickly colleagues spread the bugs. Hope you feel better soon. 

10/03/2016 at 16:22

Afternoon,

(((Berry))) I rarely caught bugs when everyone used to come and cough over me at work!

Podds,sterkte! As you say, the effects of cutting support staff can be catastrophic.

(((C3))) 

Good to hear that the aches and pains have settled Ebbs. Now Work At It Slowly to keep it that way!

Who is that handsome stranger? Oh, as you were - it's Westie in disguise 

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
10/03/2016 at 17:59

Evening all

Shoehorned some sleep in between sorting the FGO and coming back to w*rk - Long run tomorrow methinks

I see Westie is getting behind the Nations country music weekend  

I got home about 0200 to find the GPO outside which is most unusual as he is usually warming my bed by that time, there was another tabby & white outside mooching about and I suspect there had been fisticuffs at some point before my arrival, he duly bounded indoors with me and I toddled off to bed, not 3 minutes later I heard this almight cat scream and thought that we had 'visitors', so theres me at daft o'clock peering under the settee and the sofa with the help of the GPO who thought this was a great game .... its not unheard of for another cat to be brave enough to come in but I couldnt find one   ...  Luckily !

10/03/2016 at 20:01

Oh dear Meldy! Woe betide the visitors

Looking good Westie! I do like a man with a bit of hair, and if that's the only place you can grow it, that'll have to do

No excuses needed for me - I spent an hour in the gym with the PT this evening  Bless him - had to inform him that not only am I doing a triathlon in 10 weeks, I'm also (apparently) doing a half marathon the week after He kept giving me bigger weights, thinks I might need the exercise  

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
10/03/2016 at 20:12

Evening

LOL Daffs 

Looking very Suave there Westie. I wonder what your bucket list venture is - Himalayas? Peru? I was at one time tempted to do a Himalayas walk that was advertised, starting at Base Camp and going over to Tibet staying at a monastery before walking back. Then I watched Everest...

No excuses for me either. I walked up to the Doc’s to get HWMBT medication this morning, lots of admin work, then cycled to my reading group this afternoon. I went on the main roads like a proper grown up . The ride is not so far, just a couple of miles there, but I came the long way home and it is mostly up hill so I’m feeling quite self satisfied 

10/03/2016 at 21:25

Well done Dragon!  

Just entering the LIverpool rock and roll half (or trying to). Apparently 

'If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:

• Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
  • Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required'

Sounds like my style of race! (also sounds quite like cheating!)

M...eldy    pirate
10/03/2016 at 21:27

Daffs .. woe-betide if you take the latter option

Edited: 10/03/2016 at 21:28
10/03/2016 at 21:48

just entered - looking forward to my place on the sag wagon! Sister entered weeks ago and optimistically put her estimated finish time down as 2.29 (!!) so I've had to put the same as they seem quite strict about starting pens... Bloody woman! It's the weekend after the feckin triathlon too! 

Going to need both stern looks from Meldy and that personal trainer... In fact, Meldy, do you have a photo of you looking stern that I can print out and put on the wall?!  

M...eldy    pirate
10/03/2016 at 21:52

The Tri will be a perfect warm up for the half ... get on with it

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.