working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

242,581 to 242,600 of 243,255 messages
06/09/2016 at 22:00

Evening all,

Oooh, well done Pippi! I'm sure it was well deserved.

Sorry that you school type peeps have had a rude awakening! 

Please may I recruit WAISTer vibes for my bff? Her mother is very poorly in hospital. I had a message to say that the hospital had called them in this morning, thought the end was very near. However, it seems that her mum had other ideas! Things are still very uncertain at the moment, could go either way 

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

06/09/2016 at 22:22

Well done Pipples

(((FGO))) - glad to hear he's back to his normal self today........these seniors are such a worry........

The DG has a really rasping pant these days (and has had for a while) but passed his annual health check..........

~~~~~~~~~~BFF mother~~~~~~~~~~~~~ hope that however it goes it's peaceful.....

I can't believe I go away again in 2 weeks' time  

Although I am missing 2 open day events as a result but will have to do the tues evening one prior to going up to the airport.....think I can live with that!!

07/09/2016 at 08:53

Morning

~~~~~~~Sluggie's bff and family~~~~~~~~

((((teacher types and those working in schools)))))

Oooh Pippi - you've got an Oscar!?

DG has rasping pants - are those like the ones Daffers lost down the back of her radiator?

No running for me - back exercises which I should be doing every day but haven't done for months are being re-introduced!

Happy Bake Off Day

07/09/2016 at 10:58

Morning  

Edited: 07/09/2016 at 10:59
07/09/2016 at 11:01

Hooray - Bake Off Day  

DL wrote (see)

DG has rasping pants - are those like the ones Daffers lost down the back of her radiator?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
07/09/2016 at 11:02

morning

I see Thanet Schools are in the news again! I’ve just scanned the article as reported in the Guardian - a rather different take on what I heard from the Headmaster on Radio 4 this morning.

(((Sluggies friend))) How is SM doing? Are the carers able to handle her?

I’m glad the FGO is rallying.

get those back exercises done DL you know it makes sense

Talking of backs, mine is objecting in a mild way today, all down to some weevils! I know they are tiny creatures, but I discovered them in a bag of flour a couple of days ago. Then I discovered more in another bag of flour, then in a bag of sugar - you get the picture. Lots of flour, sugar, lentils and other such discarded. I pulled my back a bit lifting the heavy black bags I’d put them in! Also, every kitchen cupboard has been cleaned with neat bleach - Google tells me they are stubborn little b£ggers and can live in the crooks and nannies for months, so the cupboards are being closely inspected daily! They can also burrow through bags and plastic - glass jars for me from now on!

07/09/2016 at 15:38

yuk to weevils.......always knew cooking was bad news!! 

Indeed Plannitt Ffannitt hits the headlines again......the school involved is part of our academy trust and is not popular with parents when choosing secondary schools due to perceptions of it having a high EAL (true) and a poor standards (true to a degree)

The Head there is new as of this term and had clearly decided to take them by the boot strings and kick them up the wotsits.........and most parents will applaud that.....

But this is Ffannitt and we 'ave rights innit.............

You may well see / hear a silver haired chap called Paul Luxmoore.....he is the Executive Head of the Trust and has already taken on the London Boroughs with regard to the legality and morality of shipping Looked After Children to Fffannitt willy nilly with quite a degree of success so watch this space..........

07/09/2016 at 16:33

Afternoon,

Dragon and DL, sorry to hear that you are both suffering from painful backs 

Very glad to hear that the FGO is doing well though!

Weevils? Oh yes, we had an infestation some years ago  As Dragon says, they are indeed little bu$$ers to get rid of! Sorry, can't work 'the lesser of two weevils' into the sentence 

Away again so soon Podds? Anyone would think you were a teacher! 

BFF's mum is still with us which, in itself, is positive news. Their are some 'issues' between friend and her dad which have re-emerged - as they would when everyone is under such stress 

We too SM to see the birds of prey locally today. We saw one flying demonstration, had hot choccy + cake and then SM wanted to go home. 

The carers are not managing Mum terribly well. She says she has 'already eaten', 'already washed' etc and they don't seem to push the issue. As a resuklt, SM has had only 1 proper meal (plus snack + pud at Day Centre yesterday) since Friday  I phoned the care agency today and asked them to try hard to get her to eat something, even if it is no more than toast and honey.

I also had to strip Mum off and change trousers and undies today as she was one too fragrant  Probably related to the soaking wet bed that the carer found this morning - bless her, she actually stripped the bed and put the wet things in to wash. SM has loads of clothes on chairs etc, I went through them all and have brought home everything that looks or smells less than pristine. I really need to go through the airing cupboard, sort it out and label the shelves so that the carers can find things - I have been putting it off as it's not a job I relish.

I needed a shower myself by the time I got home!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

07/09/2016 at 18:16

(((Oldies and daughters)))) You would think that 'carers' were used to oldies not quite knowing if they had eaten or taken their meds etc.

I thought of Podds too about the Kent school - I've only seen the report on the BBC website.

Back to normal here - one teacher out yesterday before 9 to get a 'refusenik' who could be heard hysterically screaming and swearing as her mum phoned for us help. T went round - "Get those shoes on" Get in the car" Now!" - she's in my class and a different child altogether in school than out.

Our 'difficult' boy excluded yesterday. Today he is throwing stones and bottles at the school.

All normal.

We have a new teacher - was it like this at your last school?

Our wedding anniversary today (31!) which means it must be XB and Nogs birthdays! Going for a local curry after I've done a bit more work, then a posher meal on Friday!

07/09/2016 at 18:46

Happy Anniversary Pipples

Yes........Hartsdown has made the BBC 6 o'clock news, the BBC local 6.30 news and is apparently due to be on the One Show at 7pm..........

As a fellow Ffannitt school and in the same academy trust...........we've been advised not to say anything on soshal meeja.......but I guess the WAISTer lounge doesn't count

07/09/2016 at 21:47

pippi - blimey! Happy anniversary though

podds - funny how parents couldn't care less about education until their kids get told off for incorrect uniform! 

I noticed that a reporter from my local paper had asked on fb about uniform issues at the local schools (in Newark on Trent, both secondaries there are struggling schools) and some of the comments from parents were just horrendous 

it will blow over and be forgotten about by the press soon but hopefully the kids and parents will start following rules. 

07/09/2016 at 21:48

slugs - sorry to hear about SM, hard situation to make sure she is ok and eating properly

M...eldy    pirate
07/09/2016 at 22:44

Evening chumps

Sluggy its so very difficult I suspect, if mum is adament she has eaten I suspect it would be a diifficult situation for the carers to try and persuade her to ... can you leave her some snacks through the day or is she just not hungry ?

Rasping pants must be quite uncomfortable !

DL,  I should be doing the very same regards back exercises and only have myself to blame for imobility !

FGO was god again today, a few wriggly visitors in his tail but they are far more accessible than his gentleman area!!   Will be glad when fly season is over and done with 

08/09/2016 at 10:02

((((((Sluggy, SM, BFF family and friends)))))) tough times all around

I know FGO thinks he is god, but it's probably best not to indulge him

I do love a beginning of term story - if only we could make onesies compulsory, it might do more to wipe them out!

Indeed M.eldy - when I last did my back in I promised myself I would always do my daily back exercises. Funny how we forget!

Right, I'm supposed to be on the M42 - joy to the world. 

Happy Thursday everyone

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
08/09/2016 at 10:07

morning 

I always knew the FGO was a god, nice to have it confirmed 

Sluggy, I understand the position in regard to SM and food etc. I had a similar situation on more than one occasion when I was working. One solution is to label the food with ‘Days of the Week’, then the carers can check the labels. We had safes installed in some places where the medication was kept, the ‘client’ couldn’t get hold of the meds so the carers knew to open the safe and offer the meds. They would be in a dossette box so there would be no confusion of the what and when. Unfortunately if she refuses, they can do nothing but inform their manager and you. But at least you’ll know and it will be part of the ongoing assessment and review.

08/09/2016 at 11:42

yuk to weevils.......always knew cooking was bad news!! 

Indeed Plannitt Ffannitt hits the headlines again......the school involved is part of our academy trust and is not popular with parents when choosing secondary schools due to perceptions of it having a high EAL (true) and a poor standards (true to a degree)

The Head there is new as of this term and had clearly decided to take them by the boot strings and kick them up the wotsits.........and most parents will applaud that.....

But this is Ffannitt and we 'ave rights innit.............

You may well see / hear a silver haired chap called Paul Luxmoore.....he is the Executive Head of the Trust and has already taken on the London Boroughs with regard to the legality and morality of shipping Looked After Children to Fffannitt willy nilly with quite a degree of success so watch this space..........

08/09/2016 at 11:48

Pardon me 

Apparently on a forum somewhere about this uniform issue a parent of ours commented that at "our school they had a pit bull telling kids to tuck their shirts in....." - that might have been me  

And I make no apology for it - it's called standards............

(((((((((Sluggy))))))))))) really tough for you and not what you want to be dealing with......thought the Dragon lady had some great ideas though if they can be implemented.........

Loving the FGP as a God He is rather adorable I have to say having met him a couple of times ..............and much less scary than the GPO despite the size difference 

Right back to fighting the computer system...........

M...eldy    pirate
08/09/2016 at 19:34

Always thought you were a dodgy breed Podds ...

last night shift for me, had a 10k trot along the canal which was a tad warm

v.e.t for the ginger ninja tomorrow ....ever tried to get two pillows into one case? Cat basket is ready.

08/09/2016 at 22:14

Yeah............good luck with that one!! 

If you don't make it I'll try and sell your place in Mallorca!! 

08/09/2016 at 22:14

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.