working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

242,621 to 242,640 of 242,738 messages
11/09/2016 at 10:40

A brisk 13 miles should freshen you up, MC!

A day in the garden today I think - it needs doing!

I've just (almost) booked a cottage for the first part of half-term. Conveniently they take a minimum of 3 day bookings and what's available coincides with Mr Ps shift pattern.

Just waiting the confirmation ...

11/09/2016 at 16:21

My friend's son came 141st in the Great North Run (1h 18 something!)

She's the one who beat me by 4 seconds in the Parkrun yesterday (I got 1 second under 30 mins btw!) and her other son came 3rd. They are a running family (she's the plodder, the sons and hubby are stars!)

And Amandax and Footpather (whose forum name I forgot yesterday so didn't mention )

And grrrr the holiday cottage has gone ...

Edited: 11/09/2016 at 16:23
11/09/2016 at 17:00

pippi - yes, it did wake me up, I am shattered now though!

well done to your friend's son! 

11/09/2016 at 18:15

Loved that link to the article - very wry and tongue in cheek

I've sent it on to the Head and the DH I like (not my line manager needless to say!!)

Sounds like some fab running has been going on today - well done all of you

I'm afraid I've done nothing again...........kennels yesterday for more photos, hair in the afternoon and then RGT walk this morning which was very nice in the sun

This afternoon contact all the tri club newbies via email re their experiences joining the club, written my monthly report for tomorrow's committee meeting and downloaded a whole load of photos of greyhounds........it's going to be a long evening annotating them all I suspect and then making the kennel cards etc

11/09/2016 at 18:18

PS What happened to Daffy?

One minute she was here admitting all sorts of things about her fancy knickers and then she disappeared again...............

M...eldy    pirate
11/09/2016 at 18:50

Nice little trot along e canal this morning ...lovely medal too for a first run event, they tend not to be usually and all for a good cause

FGO sorted this afternoon, chat with pater on the phone whilst cooking pasta and now watching Hyde Park on the red button with a glass of wine!

i did have to laugh at one part of the race info.....'if you fall in the canal, stand up. It's only about 3foot deep'

yums, a 'what' race ??!! And the mini applying for jobs how on earth did that happen??

scafell pike will, if anything, be ruddy windy if I remember correctly!!

11/09/2016 at 20:20

evening

I struggled a bit today - but then maybe I shouldn't have run yesterday! Got fed up because it was 13.7 miles not 13.1 I know race for life don't measure courses well but there no excuse for being that much over. I have run other half marathons in the same park and they have been spot on! Anyway, did it and had an ice cream Then spent the rest of the day doing not much

11/09/2016 at 22:21

is it really nearly Monday

night night, sweet dreams all

11/09/2016 at 22:44
Evening i-m here, been mostly washing pants to get the dust out and cycling along canals, squabbling about DIY (so what's new...) and so forth.

Worn out now but saw an excellent daft video yesterday that made me think of Podds

Can't (be arsed to) link on phone in bed but search youtube for "golden retriever gets its priorities straight" made me right giggle and I've watched it several times since
11/09/2016 at 23:13

Evening all,

'Well run' to those who did, glad you didn't fall into the canal Meldy!

Dragon, I'm afraid I've never even heard of that mag so am unlikely to see the article  How fantastic that someone's grand-daughter should be that talented!!

Daffs, that vid is great  Reminds me of a story about the old TV prog called 'That's life' - one week they had dogs on testing whether they really preferred a well known brand of dog food. The beagle ate everything and then was sick in the car on the way home  We found this particularly amusing as MS's family had a beagle at the time!

Dragon, thanks for the idea re labelling SM's food. I feel that I don't want to take away her choice of what to have each day - but she tends to say 'yes' to whatever she is offered anyway, so it might be a solution. At the moment I have a wipe-off board on her fridge and keep count of her meals on there. Her meds are in blister packs (like the Nomad trays) and locked away in a cash box.

MS and I quizzed this evening, having missed several months (first we were away, then the guy who runs the quiz). Friends did not go, BFF is pretty exhausted by all the worry about her mum. There were only 4 teams there today so coming 2nd is not much to shout about. However, we were pretty happy with 32.5/37.

BFF's hubby once talked about trying to write a program to book me into aquagym (it's the kind of thing he does for a living) but it seems that it would take some time, so I didn't ask him to try!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

12/09/2016 at 07:54

Morning all

A busy weekend for the runners and racers I see - hoorah for those of you who threw yourselves into the competitive spirit. That includes quizzing.

Haven't managed to look at any links or buy any magazines - but yay to fame and fortune and hilarity.

Good to see you keeping busy Yums

Grr for the holiday cottage Pippi - hope something better appears

All go here. FC is on week 2 of college/work so we barely see her these days OH starts uni tomorrow and was mistaken for a member of staff when she went in for a registration event last week, I start my usual travels later this week - bye, bye summer!

I did manage a small and rather tawdry ploddette yesterday. Ended the day with OH asking why my cheeks were all rosy (usually a result of drink!) Realised I had sunburn as a result of a day fighting with my straggly bush.

And so to a brand new sparkly week - hope it brings you joy and excitement

12/09/2016 at 19:27

Evening all,

DL, that will teach you not to play with your straggly bush in daylight!

Yums, how are things with your sis? Sorry to hear that someone is behaving like a fish - not sure whether I should say 'again' or 'still'!

Around midday I had a call from the staff where SM lives - she had several 'accidents' during the morning, got bolshy with the staff when they tried to help and was more confused than usual. Went over to make sure she was clean and decent (she was) then phoned GP for advice. GP [honed back around 5.30, agreed urine tract infection is likely and did a prescription for antibiotics. I sorted out the script and delivered the antib's to SM and left a long message for the carers. I haven't heard from anyone so I hope that means they are able to give the antib's along with the other meds!

I am now hoping for a quiet evening  . . .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
12/09/2016 at 19:29

*knock* *knock* anyone home? - Peers through the window - shouts through the letterbox and gets licked at by various pooches and glared at by the feline family.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
12/09/2016 at 19:31

eh - what - oh it’s you Sluggie, you sneaked up behind me there when I wasn’t looking!

M...eldy    pirate
12/09/2016 at 19:41

Evening chumps

my long bike ride was shortened somewhat as I failed to get out of bed in time, as long as that doesn't happen on the 24th I'll be ok

i was more than half way in the route and came across a 'road closed' sign, the diversion took me too far out of the way as I needed to get to Tring for the FGO, I thought I'd chance my luck and carry on ...I think this road goes on for a good 3 or 4 miles and it wasn't till the last 400m I actually found the resurfacing work ...luckily they let me through as there was a gap down the middle else I would have had to beat the land speed record to get home!

tomorrow is my Monday ...I'm glad it's nearly dark, I can go to bed

12/09/2016 at 20:16

slugs - hope SM is ok and the antibis help

failed to sleep well last night so I have been a grump grumpy teacher today

13/09/2016 at 08:02
Morning

((((Sluggy and SM)))

I would just like to say "teenagers - aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!"

I thank you for your forbearance.

Happy Tuesday. Let's hope it's a good one.
13/09/2016 at 12:55

Afternoon All

((sluggy)) - hope SM is being helped by the ABs......it's a lot of work and stress for you as it stands

((MC)) may your day be short and your pupils obedient

DL wrote (see)

I would just like to say "teenagers - aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!"

I'll raise you around 550................

School photo day...........group photos and individual photos.........

The vanity that comes with a 15-year old boy...........and the stroppiness of the 11-year olds who are trying to prove they are still big fish in their new school despite it being a much larger pond..........

..........I may have put one or two straight on a few matters............

Having started at 7am this is my first sit down - that's bad at my age However I have done over 6,000 steps which is more than usual!!

13/09/2016 at 18:59

Meldy, we were once walking in S. Wales and came across "road closed". Carried on thinking nothing of it until we came across the Tarmac Lorry the full width of the narrow lane! We skirted a few fields alongside!

I have 3 nasty bites! One has gone bruised and made my foot swell a bit, one is just where my skirtends and has blistered ... I've had the medical peas on it and it feels better.

we have an alternate cottage! I was just pleased to find affordable places for 2 that did a part week! I wouldn't usually have looked for less than a full week. 

They grow out of It, DL

13/09/2016 at 19:02

Have you all melted? It's a bit cooler and rainy here, and they wonder why I am cynical about weather headlines ... The map shows a bit of sun over London ... Surprise. So it must be like that everywhere. I do get a bit cross ...

242,621 to 242,640 of 242,738 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.