working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

361 to 380 of 238,372 messages
yeo
26/02/2004 at 15:22
hehe, trin. Glad to see that the start is near to the Hall this time. For the NYDay 10k it was down past the Abbey, and it was sleeting and blowing a gale so we were all frozen before we got to the start!

errr yes XB

on the other hand I'll just use another bottle!
26/02/2004 at 15:54
Hi trin, yes its me who lives near southend. Foulness island (about 20 minutes from Southend). RFL sounds good - where do yyou live now? have to go and collect hubby from work now - be back later.
26/02/2004 at 18:41
Triniity1 - I was wondering if you fancied meeting up for the R4L but Norwich is a bit too far I think.
M...eldy    pirate
27/02/2004 at 02:25
hi guys - just checking in at an obscure time as usual!!
Trinity1 - I was born in leigh on sea - small world or what!
Havnt been back there for ages tho - now living in sunny Bucks!!
Have roped a friend in to the run the wycombe half in July - so no chance of wimping out!
Hope everyone is doing ok and will be back in the land of the living soon!!
Oh and nearly one month without the dreaded weed!!

27/02/2004 at 07:08
well done IMM and |arraine regarding giving up the weeeeed
XB
27/02/2004 at 08:57
Top marks to the ex-smokers.

A couple of miles in the snow for me this morning. I'm thinking of setting myself a challenge of running a total of 100 competitive kms for charidee in 2004. (I had the same idea last year but got injured after first 10k.) I just feel the need for a challenge. My long term aim is to do the Haweswater Half and Coniston 14 next year.

Have a nice day

XB

27/02/2004 at 09:02
can runners who are getting slower rather than faster join in?
27/02/2004 at 09:18
Penny, I'm sure you'll be very welcome. This threads just here for anyone who considers themselves to be a slow runner of some sort.

As long as when you say 'getting slower' you don't mean going from 5 to 6 minute miling ;->

27/02/2004 at 09:42
Monrning everybody,
Snowing here today. very cold. Think I'll wimp out in the gym this morning (again!).
IMM - well done for not smoking, I am up to 14 days now too. keep it up.
Tinity1 - wires crossed there. yes, meeting up in southend would be great on 4/7. Lots of training time before then so we will be ready for it.
D1
27/02/2004 at 09:56
mornin' all - well done to the ex-smokers! keep going....! Penny, I'm sure I'm a 10 minute miler in a 12 minute miling body. Circuits this morning, so that's me cream-crackered, normal service will be resumed tomorrow with a looooong, sloooooow one, hoping for around 90 mins. Good challenge XB - my challenge is to do 2 1/2 hour weekend long runs!
yeo
27/02/2004 at 10:44
nice one XB

I've done 30k already! With a 10 mile and a half coming up before FLM....

I think the idea is that training mileage (or k'age) should be equally impressive. Could be why I'm such a consistent tail-ender.
27/02/2004 at 10:59
my times are worryingly dependent on the music i'm listening to. Ash - i can zoom along merrily! Accidentally grabbed radiohead last week and almost ground to halt on a hill wailing...what's the point...in anything....
27/02/2004 at 11:02
Morning all!
XB - ooh snow running - I'm too much of a wimp - well done you. I'm snowed in yet again. Buses and lorries slipping all over and blocking main routes into work, decided to work from home yet again.
Getting really itchy feet haven't ran since Monday night - hope snow clears soon - dosen't usually linger this long with us as being right on coast.
Hi Penny - welcome - running long?

Trin - about the water bottle thing - tried belt once didn't like - but do like the handheld one's - thru the middle thingy - must be called something - but can't think - only prob is hands get cold!
- Fancy a jelly baby thou any good? They're low in fat aren't they?

Well done larr - must feel great - howz lungs feeling after runs - improving?
Keep going!
lol
27/02/2004 at 13:39
Bleeuugh - not well - took to sick bed this morning but have had to pop into work as 2 or 3 things which had to be done before weekend and no one else can do 'em. Going home shortly and back to my hot water bottles...must be serious I don't even fancy chocolate.
Typically have just really got back into running this week so hope I feel up to it by Sunday.
If I don't pop in again before I go, have a fab weekend all and lots of relaxed own pace running - unless anyone's racing in which case good luck!
27/02/2004 at 13:47
Well get soon (or perhaps words in another order) Poddler.

Slightly worried if you don't even fancy chocolate!

Hot water bottles - good things.
Fill one with a hot toddy and surreptitiously sup it now & again.
27/02/2004 at 13:49
Poor Poddler, off yer choccie? It must be bad, maybe think of this as a rest weekend or something. You don't want to make yourself worse, or do what I've done when ill in the past, and go out anyway and just do a crap and difficult run - not worth it.

T1 - am off on Monday evening, CANT WAIT now. last day in work, and as you can see I'm making full use of the computer facilities before I go. I'm sure I'll still be able to pop in occassionaly and make you all jealous with tales of my running in Sydney :-)

Fancy a jelly baby myself now.
27/02/2004 at 13:55
Trin 1
I'm getting on top of the virus now. I went for my first run in 9 days last night- desperately slow for a high heart rate. But at least it was something.
Are you better now?
TFF
27/02/2004 at 14:33
Hi Jammie, yes the lungs are definately improving and quite quickly too i think. Ran 3 1/2 miles in treadmill this morning without walking and at slightly (very slightly) quicker speed than usual and legs got tired before lungs did. Have just walked doggie and the wind is fffffreeeezing. Can't get legs and ears ward now even though I was well wrapped up. Hot bath coming up.
27/02/2004 at 14:35
That "ward" was supposed to be "warm". finger gremlins at it again
27/02/2004 at 14:41
went out for a brisk w*lk this am - in the dusting of snow - was nice and crisp but cold - managed 65mins - but slowed up over the last 15-20 mins - i did try a little plod but legs were too heavy and unresponsive from the cold for it feel like anything other than torture

going to aim for 75 on sunday - weather permitting ( i refuse to w*lk in the rain!) then keep targeting 30-45 mins 4-5 x week and a long one on sundays for the next month or so
361 to 380 of 238,372 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.