working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

401 to 420 of 235,448 messages
25/02/2004 at 13:44
oh coach b! thought is was only me who had days like that. how frustrating.

As for me, I'm off for an induction at the gym tonight (postponed from last week)

went to weight watchers, and I haven't actually put any weight ON (which I was quite relieved about 'cos wasn't very good on diet when I had the virus).

So, so far, so good.
25/02/2004 at 14:01
Can't beleive this, I thought I'd check my e-mails as I haven't looked at them this week yet. It said you've got 838 e-mails!!!!!! I don't check them very often as nobody often e-mails me, so I couldn't understand how I've got 838. When I looked at them, they're all from RW notifying me that there's been messages on the forums. I did'nt know it did this. I'm completely computer illiterate and I think I've now disabled it but we shall see! I'm still ploughing through deleting them all as I cant seem to delete them all at once, only 25 at a time. Quite exciting from a moment though as I thought I'd suddenly become hugely popular and everyone wanted to send me greetings!! Nevery mind.
25/02/2004 at 14:08
Yup, it's one sure fire way to get new emails every time you check on them!
You can disable them on each tread you post to individually (little box underneath where you write your message), or disable it completely.

25/02/2004 at 14:18
yes, I see that now. Don't know why I haven't noticed it before. I've finally deleted them all. The only one not about the threads was from RW about running a marathon. So nothing any good there! Did run FLM 2002 but no where near up to running long distance any more. Made 1/2 hour without stopping to walk yesterday so improvements are coming slowly. Going for walk with black mad pooch now. Its soooo cold out there.
25/02/2004 at 22:32
well, managed to get to the gym, and turns out that one of the instructors used to be a really good runner.

Had a good chat to him, and as a result we are thinking we will set up a running group to go out from the gym (for beginners!)
RESULT!!!

running on a tready was v weird, tho'...
25/02/2004 at 23:33
Trin

bloody hell
marevellous!
26/02/2004 at 07:46
yeah! I must admit I was very pleased. The nearest athletics clubs to here usually meet on a Monday (which I can't do)+ they are all in other towns.

Anyhow, we were chatting, and he mentioned that quite a few people at the gym were starting to take up running (mainly R4L) and one thing led to another....

and now it looks like we will be setting one up specifically aimed at R4L (with obviously the hope that people will want to continue)

feeling very smug, now am obviously a brilliant and well motivated athelete and never realised it ;)
26/02/2004 at 08:28
Dont you also mean motivational
xx
XB
26/02/2004 at 09:12
Blimey Trinity 1, I bet you're smiling from ear to there! What a difference a couple of days make.

I only managed a teeny tiny plod this morning but am planning to do my circuit training cost this evening.

Have it good

XB
D1
26/02/2004 at 09:51
Fab Trin!!!!
26/02/2004 at 10:47
Well done trinity!
- Have you looked in on R4L thread? Sounds as if it's a sore point for some men!
26/02/2004 at 11:28
Nice one T1! Wish someone would do that round where I live.
Make sure you only let total beginners in so you can feel all superior with your running knowledge ;-)

Went for a nice run last night. Think I'm starting to get a tiny bit faster. Can maintain a pace which i think is around 10.30 mm for a couple of miles now, without feeling like I'm sprinting. Rather pleased.

Will try to go out tonight, but am going late night shopping after work so not much chance really.
This weekend will be my last proper run in a while cos am off to Oz on Monday, and although I'm taking my running shoes, It'll take me a while to get settled somewhere and get myself sorted enough to go for a run.

Enjoy your plods/walks/circuit training people xx
D1
26/02/2004 at 11:30
That's a good pace Carold.
26/02/2004 at 11:43
Morning all (well just!)

Well done Trin on getting a group on the go - it makes a huge difference to have folk to run with who are at a similar level to you and have similar aims - or at least it did for me.

Jammie - Yeah I saw the R4L thread too - got way out of hand I think. Seems to boil down that some of the chaps thought the girls were being wimps / shallow etc for doing women only races because they were worried about what they looked like....and that there shouldn't be such restrictions in races anyway. I know I've done several r4l races in various places and I run in races on the Kent circuit and the only ones where I don't feel out of it and under pressure are the r4l ones!

Managed to get out last night for first time in a while and did about 3 miles at 10.5 mm - felt good but also felt faster!! Oh well - at least I did get out and it was absolutely freezing in the on shore wind!
D1
26/02/2004 at 11:50
oh wibble wibble wibble - pre- lunchtime "beginners" running group lurchy tumtum time (dashes off to loo)
26/02/2004 at 11:55
Erratic - so what mins/mile do you do on the dash to the loo then?
26/02/2004 at 11:58
Hi Poddler, well done you for last night!
All snowed in up here. Schools off, Kids in sulking - won't let them out as blowing a blizzard most of morning, no work for me as roads all blocked nice morning with Beechams honey and lemon and forums! No running in these necks, must admit don't feel up to at moment.

- Erratic - oh dear - you show them babe if you can get off the loo!

Thinking of bacon sarnies for lunch - is that allowed?
D1
26/02/2004 at 12:01
phew, that must've been 6 min miling at least. Righto - grits teeth, grabs kitbag .....
26/02/2004 at 12:31
Well done Trinity. I wish someone would set up something like that around here. Athletics club is too expensive and full of fast runners that would make me look like I'm going backwards.
Looks like paces of some peeps here are going up. keep up the good work everyone.
Just got back from gym. did 3 miles and only walked once. treadmills much in demand today. all full up when i got there.people of all ages using them although there seemed to be quite a lot walking. wonder why there's so many the last few days.
XB
26/02/2004 at 13:39
Just call me "Man at Aldi" - I now have

1 bottle belt
2 running jackets
3 Prs of running trousers (Whoops only meant to buy 2)
2 Running tops
all for £60. Bargain

I'm chuffed to bits but I'm sure that Mrs XB will take the joy away with a well-timed question such as "Why do you need two more running jackets? You've got 3." Who cares?

401 to 420 of 235,448 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.