working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

111,221 to 111,240 of 234,898 messages
17/05/2008 at 17:17

afternoon

<<have confession>>

i meant to g the gym this afternoon, instead I fell asleep accidently on the bed, max by my side and now its a bit too late 

Podds - i know what its like working extra hours, just look after yourself.

((((BS + dowgie))))  max is 13

on the hair front  - been to expensive hairdressers today for them to look at, and have booked in for a couple of weeks.  so hopefully it will look a bit better for the wedding.

speaking of the wedding, the bride has had a spray tan in readiness - she is now orange!!!!! 

tonight we are have the sainsbury advert tea, so I'll let you know what its like.

better go and walk max

laters

17/05/2008 at 17:19

*****Tubster*******

if you want to buy OH a surprise for something, there are loads of stoke t-shirts out at the moment for promotion.  the funnest one is a red tshirt with a stoke badge that says under

We're going up the prem, me duck

17/05/2008 at 17:55

who are you ignoring???

is it me

back from an afternoon of forumites after an evening of the same.

have had a great time and now I have a 305 too

Podds - what XB said. I have every sympathy with you, we have had a problem with the reports schedule this year too - ours was a combination of early Easter, nobody taking into account March modules for GCSE and including the results  on Year 10 reports and basically nobody who is involved being able to think through the consequences of short term fixits ........................... But seriously I do htnk there is toomuch work there for one person basically. In a school that size you shoudl have some more admin support.

xx 

17/05/2008 at 17:56

Snailly, watch out you don't come straight back down the from the Prem

Last night we reckoned that Derby are in freefall and may follow Leicester down another drop next season

17/05/2008 at 17:56

I am sadly reliving memories of the 80s with my Ashes to Ashes CD (from the programme which I didn't watch btw) - but my dog the songs are bringing back the memories....mostly good, some a bit dodgy!

At least it's making 7N go by less painfully - only another hour to go then I'm going to watch Dr Who which I usually miss as I'm usually swim training at this time on a Saturday....

17/05/2008 at 17:58

Lo Beanz - missed you there - sounds like you've had a nice evening and day out - good for you

And I just know you'll enjoy the 305 - you are our very own gadget girl I reckon!

Wonder if Meldy actually got in the sea?  If it was anything like as rough as it is here it would have been too dangerous

17/05/2008 at 18:01

Sue - well done on the walks - I think a memorial walk is a lovely idea, especially for the little ones.

I've walked the dogs and cooked the tea, now its time for Gladiators, hurrahh.!  Fab programme.

17/05/2008 at 18:03

Yes Beanzie, I hope you enjoy it. I love using my garmin for my runs, walks too sometimes.

Chuggy - thanks.

17/05/2008 at 18:16

Beanz - OH keeps telling me that he just hopes they dont do as bad as Derby!!  They are odds on faves to come down!!

and Podds - I have my heating on too!  its gone a bit nippy in stoke! 

17/05/2008 at 18:48
All very new to this, so excuse me butting in! I started running about three months ago. I was very, very unfit and overweight having just been through a gruelling year of treatment for breast cancer. I could barely run at all when I started and am now very proud that I can manage 1.3 km then one minute walk then a further 1.3, then one min walk followed by 3 or 4 mins running. However, I am going to run the race for life in a few weeks and am very far away from 5km. Would really love to run/walk it for a sense of personal achievement, but finding it so hard to get to the next level. Any advice?
17/05/2008 at 20:19

Hi Katherine sounds like you're doing brilliantly, walk a bit, run a bit you'll make the distance, don't pressure yourself! 

((((((((Podds))))))))

I've managed 4 miles on the bike and some weights, did try a run but left calf sore so stopped.  I'll be on my feet pretty much all day tomorrow.  Took the caravan to the showground last night and discovered that one of the rosette boxes had tipped over!  Dozens of them all over the floor!  Then the caravan door wouldn't shut so I lifted it a bit in case it had dropped a bit.  And it came off!!  When the rest of the committee had stopped laughing we managed to get it back on again

Megs is bathed, she is having a pyjama party with her friend Prue who is going to the show with her tomorrow. 

I have had numerous phone calls.  - " My little boy has chicken pox can I bring the other one instead?"    " Could you tell me which classes I've entered?"  "Will my classes be finished by 3 as my daughter is going to a birthday party and she wants to see the clown"  " Is there a burger van and how much are they?"

<thud>  

17/05/2008 at 20:25

((Tubbs))

Katherine, hello and welcome to the zoo. It sounds as if you are doing really well, the excitement on the day will get you through.

Chilly and heating on here on the sarf coast too.

17/05/2008 at 20:40

Evening all,

(((Blithe and Cookie)))

Tubbs, good luck for the show and well done on the exercise too.  You seem to fit so much in.

Welcome Katherine.  You sound like you are doing absolutely great.  RFL is fun, enjoy it.  It doesn't matter how fast you get round as every stage of running is represented there.  Do tell us more about yourself.

Daffs, that sounded like a very enjoyable morning.  How the heck do you stay so slim though?

Did 58.8 miles on the bike today, struggled a bit on the return journey but nothing like I did last time I did this journey.  About 10 miles into the ride I realised I had no money with me so rang OH and asked him to catch up with me with some money.  He wasn't happy that I was further on than he thought I would be and had to get FP Jnr to a canoeing session 30 miles away in about 20 minutes.   Then I was in the badbooks with my stepson.  I'd borrowed his car the other day to take the little dog to the vets and hadn't realised she had moulted all over his back seat (the car is like a skip inside as it is so full of rubbish so I don't know how he noticed to be honest!!!) 

17/05/2008 at 20:41
Wonder how Meldy did/is doing?
17/05/2008 at 21:06

(((blythe and Cookie))))

(((podd - that guttie doesn't keep you up all night after the fish))))))

well cycled FP   when is this big cycle thingummy ???

well swimbled and everything lazza

(((tubs))))  can you get someone else to organise the show next year ???  people are a pain.....

(((sue n family))))  lovely idea to walk the mile

had plenty of cultcher in Oxford. Thought of you Chuggs, in the Ashmolean Museum they had a painting of people skating in Hoorne (sp).  Had a lazy lunch Chez Gerard, saw Ansel Adams display, Bodlian library etc   saw Mircea Cantor exhibition.... hmmmmm.... was basically a carpet hung from the ceiling and a huge, I mena huge, bird cage with a peacock and a peahen in it - prentencious twaddle

and Katie Paterson exhibition - kinda liked her offbeat way of thinking... but art ???? hmmmm

17/05/2008 at 21:06
M.eldy will be fine once I take my foot off her head
17/05/2008 at 21:17

Glad you enjoyed your day out Yums.

Carp on tv tonight. Casualty later, that's all.

Even Gladiators was a repeat of last week. Doh!

17/05/2008 at 21:19

LOL Norty Yums

Go Tubbs - I don't envy you all that work but I know you'll do brilliantly - fingers crossed for decent weather as that keeps the peeps happier generally!

Super cycling once again FP - can't be toooo much longer now until your epic week

Who comes first,  you or Meldy - need to get the mega endurance pom poms well charged up in advance

17/05/2008 at 21:24
And I'm feeling.....
17/05/2008 at 21:24
...like a little....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.