working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

111,221 to 111,240 of 242,994 messages
21/05/2008 at 22:06

Bob the builder,

Cream knackered again - ready for my bed.

Catch up tomorrow.

21/05/2008 at 22:27
fix it
21/05/2008 at 22:27
Jimmy Saville
21/05/2008 at 22:28
gold lame (larmay)
posing pouch
21/05/2008 at 22:29
21/05/2008 at 22:30

Julie Andrews

21/05/2008 at 22:32
21/05/2008 at 22:33

(and bed for me - nitol)

21/05/2008 at 22:34

dirty habits

night podds

21/05/2008 at 22:34
21/05/2008 at 22:54

Thye WON!!

21/05/2008 at 23:03

Just written a post and lost it.

Footie free zone here.

Yippee Ellie, all good things come to those who wait.

Podds, that's good news and recognition at least that they have been severely overworking you.

Chuggs, to rewind a bit, I wasn't bothered that my brother didn't get Fp Jnr anything just that he was incommunicado for over a week and it turned out he was bottle digging in Bedfordshire.  (Bottle digging for those who might not have heard of it, digging ancient dumps for old bottles, cream pots etc).  I threatened to have the police break down his door if he didn't contact me within 24 hours.  He contacted me!

((()))to anyone who needs or wants them  

21/05/2008 at 23:31

morning all!!

ellie -  waaaayhaaayyyy - sounds like a fab day !

poddles - like chuggy said, don't let them think this'll make it ok to do it all again.  enjoy your 5 days - make sure you do stuff for YOU xx

(((waisters))) - cos you're all luvverly xx

have just had a plodette - r4w1 for 2 miles, but my knee was not impressed  .  it was a real struggle.  still have heaps of sorting out to do - am completely fed up with the whole idea now.

oh, and no.1 got off the school bus on tuesday with blood trickling down his head.  turns out the driver had taken a short-cut across a roundabout and a load of the kids got thrown off their seats (no seat belts in school buses here), and he managed to hit his head on the metal edging of his seat.  2 hours at the emergency surgery later and his head had been glued back together.  he's not allowed to wash his hair tho so can you imagine what he looks like, with teenage unwashed hair, dried blood and 2 day old wax in his hair!!  not pleasant!

laters xx 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/05/2008 at 05:51

morning all

Pud, that's awful, what is going to happen to the driver?

sometimes plods are hard we have to just chalk those ones up, but take care of the knee, treat it with respect.

you've reached a phase in your adventures that is like the dark before the dawn, you'll get there. I suppose it's just sorting the essentials first and let the rest take care of itself. Lists are very handy in cases like this - and don't forget to give the men in your life their lists as well. I find that giving them a list to work from gives them a challenge they can't resist. They simply have to clear their list before everyone else!

Yums by my reckoning it's now 41? days to F day, now to be able to cuddle up to all the WAISTer pooches in the doghouse is not such a bad thing is it?

22/05/2008 at 06:37

Morning all,

((Pud)), I can imagine you're at the stage where things get worse before they get better. ((no1)) Sue's being vi'lent this week, should we send her round to sort out the driver??

((Yummy)), at times, the dog house is prolly the best place to be.

Can't believe that useless Michael didn't get fired last night!

WAIST well.

22/05/2008 at 06:51

Dashing through yogurt, then off to w*rk, ringing the builder to say sorry, but nobody's actually going to be here at 9 when he wants to call round... then dashing home, changed, and rushing into town for my interview. The more times I say it the less of a list it seems

(((((((mini pud))))))) that's dreadful! Look after yourself too
22/05/2008 at 07:39

(((Mini pud))) That's bad. But not washing hair is a positive.

22/05/2008 at 07:43

Pud, that's awful! No seatbelts AND careless driving. It sounds as if your lad escaped with nothing more than an interesting injury but it could have been serious. I hope the school does something---that man should not be driving a school bus, and they shouldn't have buses without seatbelts!! (I've often thought that if anything valuable could be rescued from Princess Di's death, it would have been a picture of the coffin, with Harry's card on top, and under it the message WEAR YOUR SEATBELT. Of course we couldn't do that cos there is an implied criticism there and she was a saint....but it might have saved some lives.)

Sue, LOVE the idea of competitive male lists---I'll try that next time we go to France )))))))

Daffs---take it easy, woman! And good luck with the new job. If they knew you they'd hire you on the spot, of course )

FP, don't worry, that's what I thought you meant. It's scary when anyone goes incommunicado, so you did just right!!

And a good morning from here too. The suspense last night was putting me to sleep so I started getting ready for bed. One handy aspect of this household is that I can do that without losing the plot at all: everytime anything happened there was a roar from the assembled male Chuggs that was perfectly audible upstairs. And depending upon whether it was cursing or exclamations of utter delight, I could follow the match with no diffulty whatsoever.

And just in case you missed it: I trust you DO realise that the day was saved for Man U by a DUTCHMAN???

(Actually van der Saar is lovely, a quiet, gentle sort of fella off the field. He has a couple of kids who are in English education, cos he lives there of course, so when he's in this country practising they go to the British School; and one day C2, who worships him and in fact resembles him faintly---tall skinny blond blue-eyed keeper---went to stand outside the infant school to approach him when he came to pick up his kids. He told him how much he admired him, and what a model he was (C2 is the kind of person who can say this kind of thing without sounding icky) and vdS was really nice to him, signed something for him and said how much he appreciated it when people said that he was a good role model.

Busy day today, ending with a delightful 4 hour telecon in which we try to rank current estimated potential for about 50 lawyers. Anyone want to join?

BUT C1 is coming home tomorrow )))))) And I gotta go to wurk now....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.