working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

111,221 to 111,240 of 239,935 messages
21/05/2008 at 11:50

Would some of you highly organised people (FP, Cugs etc) please come and sort my life out. I seem to get one thing managed a day if I'm lucky.

What's the new job Daffs? I'm supposed to be applying for an internal post - just a sideways move but it will make a change but I can't seem to get round to filling in the paperwork

21/05/2008 at 12:00

Throws pen at DL - fill it in!!!

21/05/2008 at 12:07

Yes DL - fill it in! New potential job is part time teaching on OU courses Don't worry, it won't be anything any of you clever lot will be doing And it'll probably only be round here, where none of you are. and of course, they might not even give it to me anyway, so I'm not getting too excited...

The rate I'm going though I won't even be able to get out of the office today because of apathy and general boredom...

21/05/2008 at 12:08

Kicked mercilessly yesterday, objects being thrown today - a girl could get a complex. Haven't used a pen in ages - forgotten how to write neatly!

21/05/2008 at 12:10

Judas cat ?

mine was better and Biblical but I guess from cat I have to go to the inevitable....

21/05/2008 at 12:44

And I seem to be heading to...

21/05/2008 at 12:57

DL, would a move get you out of the clutches of your current boss?

21/05/2008 at 13:05

Sadly not - and she will be on the interview panel which doesn't bode well. There are three of us thinking of applying as internal candidates - think we just feel a change is a bit more interesting.

21/05/2008 at 13:29

Yes, DL, a change can sometimes stimulate waining enthusiasm.

21/05/2008 at 13:42

Speaking of which, I'm off home to work in the attic - my day of being in the office has been completely bl**dy useless!

21/05/2008 at 14:15

Oh dear, Daffy

21/05/2008 at 14:22

off for a school visit - should time it nicely for chucking out time which means I will get nowhere near the carpark

21/05/2008 at 15:10

Knees akimbo in ere, innit?? Hope you get a good tidy round, Beanz And hope you got enough rest, Podds. And lovely Chugg, chuggs

I just couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning! So now I'm going to have to drive. Ah well, I've still got to walk to town and back (total of about 6 miles, I think), and another 5 this evening. Goodness, that's loads! Good job I didn't add another 3 to it this morning, thinking about it!

I know it'd all be quicker by bike, but actually, that isn't guaranteed round here, what with all these hills I have to get off and push up It's getting easier on the bike, but I really don't want to overdo it, and walking is restful and gives me a bit of time on my own as well as the exercise - and is less stressful than cycling

Anyway, blah blah blah, must have porridge, have a good day all!
21/05/2008 at 15:16
21/05/2008 at 15:33
21/05/2008 at 16:52

I've got a question - although I'm halfway to deciding the answer whatever you say

This weekend, do we:

(a) walk to Hathersage (10 miles ish), camp, walk to Edale (another 10 ish), then get the train back Sunday night, (or walk back to Hathersage and camp Sunday)?

(b) walk to Hathersage, train home and tea out with the money we would have spent on camping and a meal out in Hathersage, then do the same the next day but walking somewhere else

(c) get on our bicycles - probably won't go much further in that direction (too many hills!) and Mr Daffs' needs some serious fixing before we go

(d) stay at home and do boring things like work

The main issue is Mr Daff's health at the minute - some days he just doesn't feel like going anywhere or doing anything at the minute. I'm guessing peak district camp sites will be fairly busy on May bank holiday weekend! So I'm not booking ANYTHING in advance.

I'm favouring (b) at the min - a walk, a cafe ( ) then a train back, then maybe the bus out to somewhere else for a walk the next day. Get the fresh air and scenery, but don't have to carry the tent or anything...

What do you reckon?
Edited: 21/05/2008 at 16:53
21/05/2008 at 16:59
Right, I give up. I'm just so tired today, I've hardly done anything. I think it's time for a bath before I set off to walk to my thing this evening. That'll be 5 miles round trip Although I'm not sure I feel like it today.

Then bed, in w*rk at 7 tomorrow til half 8, home by 8.45, changed, bus into town for interview at 10. Then w*rk til seminar at 12.30, w*rk til tea time, tea, pub for allotment meeting, then collapse into bed.

Maybe I need a blitherin health spa rather than an exercise filled weekend!
Ellie.    pirate
21/05/2008 at 17:03

Daffs, i think you've answered your own question! Sounds good.

I'm having a rather good day today. I've just been made a project leader at work. I'm off to Greece for a week next week. I have a 5k race and tonight  and The New Mr Ellie (yep, that's right ) is cooking me tea. Wonder if all this good luck will run to a 5k PB!

<hands happy vibes around liberally>

21/05/2008 at 17:20

Ooooh Ellie - how exciting

Daffs - go camping, go camping <jumps up and down excitedly at the thought of going camping>

21/05/2008 at 18:04

Blimey, Ellie, that is a great day. I guess I won't be seeing you on Sunday.

I say "go camping".

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.