working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

111,541 to 111,560 of 238,444 messages
25/05/2008 at 21:42

evening all

well plodded XB, ellie and cycled FP - sounds like a real toughie - shame the wind was so troublesome

yes Beanzie - between me n larry is the alleged driest place in Britain

think we had similar weather to you, Podds. Shame dawggie bbq was cancelled - sounds hugely chaotic to me - norty dawggies and sossiges etc....

have been spoiled rotten by the olds, so naturally I'm exhausted

walk the line sounds like a poliss sobriety test, M.eldy. Well plodded btw

25/05/2008 at 21:43

Noo, make a nice pot of tea for everyone. I'd hate to think of you as being a bit without a purpose

anyway, where have you been ? was it holibobs again ????

M...eldy    pirate
25/05/2008 at 21:44
Nicky why dont you sign up for another race late summer??

evening SNotty
25/05/2008 at 21:53

Good Idea yums. Tea coming up.
No holibobs. um what have I been doing? Well until last week, enjoying the lovely weather, doing the garden. We are growing lettuce, strawberries and peas for the first time. I'm also sowing some herb seeds. Growing things is what we've been up to...........................

25/05/2008 at 21:57

<<<plonks teapot down>>>>

taking mine to bed. Night night All.

25/05/2008 at 22:37

We're aiming for the barbie tomorrow now Yums - and yes it is always hugely chaotic - my friend has a small house and once it's populated by various humans, 1 bulldog, 1 boxer, 1 greyhound and 3 labradors at the minimum it gets very interesting 

Anyway - was off to bed until I realised I stripped it this morning so guess I'd better go make it first!  Haven't done any work today and feel guilty about it but there's always part of tomorrow I guess

Sweet dreams all

25/05/2008 at 22:43

night, noo

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, Podds, that used to happen to me all the time when I was married. I hated getting upstairs, totally whacked and finding the bed stripped. Never happens now

night yous lot, bee good - and you too M.eldy x

xxx

25/05/2008 at 23:10

morning all

well done xb and ellie

and well done fp too

have read back but my colander of a brain seems to have let it all seep out so ((((( ))))) to anyone who wants some

all quiet on the southern front at the mo. - i think it's the quiet before the storm tho'........ 

have just had a liitle plod - 2 miles of r4w1 in the rain!!  am orf to fizzy-oh this arvo - thought i'd plod so that if anything was going to complain he could see it for himself!!  hope he warms up his hands - blimmin' freezing last week they were!

offski to shower then take all my sorted out clothes to the charity shop. 

laters xx

1 week 6 days <wibble>

26/05/2008 at 05:09

Top o' the morning, WAISters! Cloudy and windy here, but hopefully nice out there. We'll see )))

Pud, well done you to keep r*nning with all you must have going on! And good idea to let the fizz keep an eye on things so you can set off on your next travels in top condition.

((((Podds)))

Well done, Poddler!! Actually, there are two days in a row when you are SUPPOSED not to do things like work. Together they are called a 'weekend' and you really ought to encounter them once a week! So you did THE RIGHT THING not to have worked )))))))

I'm rather tired, to tell you the truth, but I know I'll feel better for a little chug so I'm outa here.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
26/05/2008 at 05:38

morning all

it's a little early to tell what the weather is like yet, hopefully it won't be as bad as the weathermen say. I hope you get you bbq Podds.

It's the county show here today, I have a feeling it may be a washout  - again!

I'm off for a swim this morning with my speedy friend, we usually spend an hour or so in the pool then have a chat over a cup of coffee. The last time we went together, we totalled about eight lenghts each, we chatted, sauna'ed and jaccuzzied the rest of the time!

I'll probably cycle there and take the long way back, depending on the weather of course.

See you later, have a good one whatever you have planned

26/05/2008 at 05:58

evenin'

blimey have you lot got ANOTHER bank holiday???????  we have to wait , ooooh, another week for ours!!  (queens birthday holiday monday)

morning to the early risers

forgot to tell you (i think, but i may have done so if i did i apologise, but i don't think i did) that no.1, whose head is now fine thank you, qualified for the regional schools x-country which is this wednesday!!  i love watching xcountry - it's sooooooo much fun (even more fun doing it). 

oh, and went to see mr fizzy-ouch this arvo and he's signed me off!!  says that if i keep doing the strengthening exercises then i should be ok.  can increase my distances sensibly (whatever that word means), and not to worry about the grinding in my knee cos that will probably be there always.  not too sure about that last comment tho', it doesn't hurt when it grinds, but i can feel it.  any offers?

right - kids' spag bol on the stove, and my wine is in the fridge (am now back on the wine, no surprises there)

laters xx

<wibble>

26/05/2008 at 08:01

Morning all,

After a nice day yesterday, the foul weather appears to have arrived here . Perfect day to go and watch Indie at the cinema

Congratulations to Pud no 1. Glad that the fizz has signed you off, Pud. that's another loose end tidied up before the move.

Nice to see you again, Nicky.

Yummy, I'm guessing that you finally got rid of your sleepover?

((those without a b hol))

WAIST well, whatever you are doing.

26/05/2008 at 08:03

Morning Pud

Knee grinding is  probably cartilage bits - sounds and feels horrible but if it's not giving you pain.....

I have just had the most horrible dog walk   It is FOUL outside today - very strong wind and rain so hard as a result that it was like ice hitting my face.....got home soaked right through to my undies and I was wearing my thick winter coat!  And my wellies are knackered so I squelched round for an hour....

Lady M hated every minute of the walk and let me know it (she did have her coat on and at least that bit stayed dry) but Guttie, in true labbie style, didn't even notice the weather and wondered what all the fuss was about....

BBQ may be an indoor one!  It seems the boxer and the bulldog aren't coming but Duncan the German Shepherd is......can't remember if Lady M likes him or not...

26/05/2008 at 08:04

morning/evening Pud   1 week 6 days ?  eeeek   Good news from the fizz   I read somewhere that all manner of grinding, popping etc are ok, as long as it doesn't hurt.... And blimmin well done No1 son

Podds, hope you're not really having your bbq today. Is awful here - v windy, raining and dark. And Sue,i hope your weather isn't too bad, would be a real shame to wash out the county show. Enjoy your swimble

get out plodding now, chuggy, before we send our weather...

No idea what we'll do here today - other than hide under a blanket and peer forlornly out the window

26/05/2008 at 08:07

ooeps x post podds n sluggs

are you recovered from decorating yet sluggy ?

LOL at Guttie and LM. Having seen LM at Beachy Head, I can only imagine her reaction to today's weather !

26/05/2008 at 08:12

Can't say I blame LM, it really is horrid out there!

Yes, Yumms. Just about recovered from the weekend's 'exertions'. Next thing to be done is painting the ceiling - and that's MS's job.

26/05/2008 at 08:15
guess he doesn't need a ladder
26/05/2008 at 08:19
Nope!
26/05/2008 at 08:28

Morning,

Well done Minipud 1.  I bet you're really proud of him and lets hope he will leave his mark on the community when you move on.  Good to hear the fizz has signed you off despite the grinding in your knee.  You never know a Canadian fizz might have another take on it.

Hope you have had a lovely Chug, Chuggie.  It's blustery here and the sun is trying to break through. I don't think we have rain forecast here until later in the day.

Podds, indoor BBQs play havoc with the smoke alarms!  If ours goes off Jakey bites our feet quite aggressively.

Sluggie, went to see the Indy film last night.  I won't spoil it for you though, will comment later.

Yums, (and all other WAISters) Hope the foul weather clears up and you can do whatever you want to do.

OH and myself are childfree and carefree today so we are getting in the car and going to see what is going on in the big wide world.  No plans just see what we find and have our tea out somewhere.  He's been working at the other house most weekends so I've told him he HAS to have a day off. 

XB
26/05/2008 at 08:49

Morning.

What is this talk of nasty weather. OK, it is a bit blowy here but the sun is up and shining. Lovely.

Me and the hound have just wobbled a gentle 5 miles of r2w2. Most civilised.

And today brings lots of domestic chores. Hurrah.

Good fizzy news, Puds, and top marks to littlepud1. What an achievement.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.