working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

111,541 to 111,560 of 235,726 messages
M...eldy    pirate
21/05/2008 at 19:25
Excellent news Podds,  recognition at last!!!

Daffs, go CAMPING.

(and take cats p1ss with you)

well on done Ellie on snaring another Mr

and my brain has lost the rest

me and the FGO have been round the lanes and I have been to a very non productive 5 hour meeting and come home again ...
21/05/2008 at 19:38

Asparagus

Daffs, I'd forget all that camping, walking, cycling stuff - it sounds like the Devils handiwork.  Go to The Red Lion, Stratton Audley, its where Bicester's cafe society hang out.

21/05/2008 at 19:41
ooh er Ellie, sounds like a nap hand.  Enjoy it.
21/05/2008 at 19:42
Sorry, \i should have prefaced the last message with  -  celeriac.
21/05/2008 at 19:50
Podds - I was referring to Noggy, who is awaiting the delivery of another grandsprog.
21/05/2008 at 19:57

cucumber.

Still no news from the Southern Hemisphere.

21/05/2008 at 20:10

relish

Ahhh - that's clear now Sluggy - thanks.  I have been reading  back each evening but I think my brain has turned to mush!

21/05/2008 at 20:28

erm.........tomato????

just a flying visit, whats with all the salad stuff!

anyway just to say, work is shite at the moment (tries to recall good advice to Podds!) very VERY busy, I'm exhausted, and still have more to do tonight.  Tomorrow is my last day for a week (and a bit) but I have no chance of getting it all done, so have to decide what actually needs to be done and leave the rest.

Problems with team, well not problems exactly but they just dont get paid enough, Im fighting their corner to get it raised but it takes ages and its quite painful.  There is never enough money, but some how the big chiefs find it for what they want.

in case I dont get chance to pop back in tomorrow, I'm off to paignton so everyone be good ((((( ))))) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ for anyone that should need them

mwah

21/05/2008 at 20:33

soup

Have a lovely hollibobs, Snaily. the good old NHS will still be there when you get back.

21/05/2008 at 20:37

duck

Have a great holiday Snailly - you've earned it. 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/05/2008 at 20:48

down

evening

yes, have a good holiday there Snaily, and whatever you do, don't think about w*rk the whole time

21/05/2008 at 20:54

Confit de canard.

Snaily, Slyggie's right. The NHS will just have to cope without you! And you most certainly deserve a holiday!!

Podds, that's GREAT news! I hope you don't work AT ALL during those 5 days! And make sure they understand that you are not supposed to get into this state of exhaustion again: the 5 days is payment for what's gone wrong in the past. It is NOT to build up credit so they can do it again!!!

YAAAAYYY ELLIE! How lovely to hear so many nice things happening for you--enjoy every minute. I LIKE new Mr Ellie mucho even without meeting him! (Yeah, OK, so I've never met most of you----but you know what I mean!)

Daffs, in the circs I would pick whichever option gives you the most flexibility. Two day trips might be better than one long one: once you're out there and camping you have to go through with it, whereas with day trips if Mr Daffs doesn't feel quite so energetic on Day Two you can always have a lazy day at home or a shorter trip.

Tubs, where DO you get the energy to organise all these shows? I haven't even finished admiring your photos from the last one!!! I do hope people give you lots of love and appreciation for everything you do!!

DL, well done you! And I know what you mean---sometimes it's just hard to get out there. But by now I know I really WILL like it if I go, and the good feeling with actually stay with me all day, so it's actually giving myself a treat. And the weird thing is, that always turns out to be really true!

Busy busy at wurk but not home late cos C3 is in the middle of AS's and he likes to have all the furniture around the place---you know, chairs, beds, cats,  mum..... And it's so nice that he does )))

C1 is coming home for the weekend, and though we had plans to take a day trip she says she's very tired and would really like to just laze around at home, cycle to the village, etc etc. I can deffo get behind that!!!

21/05/2008 at 20:55

Sorry, the confit de canard was for duck. As it's moved on to down I can only say (obviously)

Up

(go on, I've teed the next one up for someone )))

21/05/2008 at 21:14

Yours

I aim to please

21/05/2008 at 21:16

Aw, DL, I KNEW I could rely on you!!

(Actually I missed another one earlier. Sluggie put up Barbara and I wanted to put up Santa and leave it for you to add the obvious....)

XB
21/05/2008 at 21:25

Mine

Just been out with mrs xb for a bit of tea and the world is empty. So many peeps must be watching the footie.

21/05/2008 at 21:27

Shaft

Not watching footy.  Feel yuk. Going to bed.

((((waisters)))))

21/05/2008 at 21:28

mine?

I did run/plod 4 miles this morning - including a little bit of x country stuff - so the twisting of the knee suddenly seems better

And I have x trained round Primark, Aldi, Asda and walked with the dogs. I have also spent some time with Dan, met Holly so she could mug me for some more money and ended the day with a microwave prawn curry and chocolate. Not bad.

Daffs - all options (except staying home and working) sound good to me.

21/05/2008 at 21:28

field

way hay ellie
woo hoo DL
hip hip hoorah podds

and all that jazz to the resta ya gobby lot

betcha cant guess who is in the dog house  

is it bedtime yet ?

21/05/2008 at 21:29

mouse

(((Tubs))) take care

*waves to lazza*

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.