working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

111,601 to 111,620 of 235,356 messages
Ellie.    pirate
22/05/2008 at 08:06

Morning

Run of luck yesterday did indeed run to another shiny new 5k PB of 25.16 I think sub 25 is definitely on the cards in the next couple of months, will have to get along to a local time trial in Leeds soon. Last nights tea was also excellent, i had venison for the first time in my life. Sorry to all the veggies but it was delicious. I can confirm that Mr Ellie is a great cook. Anyway, must get to work, got to pick him up on the way, knew he was after something!

(((Mini Pud)))   (((Yums)))   (((everyone else)))

XB
22/05/2008 at 08:09

Awwww...young love

How sweet. Shame that the deer had to die though

I'm planning a trip to Leeds for a 5k. I'll arrange something with NSC this weekend and let you know the date.

Ellie.    pirate
22/05/2008 at 08:13

XB, i did try not to think about Bambi!

That would be great for the 5k. I may still do the Ilkley race btw, in fact it's quite likely. I don't fly off to Greece 'til Wed.

22/05/2008 at 08:40

lateral

Morning - awww what a nice way to start the day with Ellie's happy post (as XB points out it's probably not being celebrated so enthusiastically by the deer population but we can't all be winners)

Pud - it always gets manic before a move - 50 yards or 50,00 miles. If it wasn't manic over moving something else would crop up to cause you stress. ((((((Mini Pud)))))))

Off to a school - see you later

Happy Thursday

22/05/2008 at 09:20

sideways

Well done on your PB, Ellie! Well done, too,  on finding a nice man who can also cook

XB
22/05/2008 at 09:40

Move

I'm waiting for the gas repair man to fettle the gas fire - it caused much alarm when it set off the Carbon Monoxide monitor.

Hopefully he'll pitch up soon cos I've got an 8 miler planned.

22/05/2008 at 09:42

shift

morning all

Ellie

Podds - good news on the time off, whatcha gonna do?? if it was me, I'd be gardening and playing the piano - things I like to do but don't get time to.

happy holiday Snaily <<waves at slime trail>>

((Puds Knees)) ((miniPudds head))

I had a long day yesterday, about 6 hours driving -yuk. The open day thingy was OK, particularly the biscuits and lunch, but the chap after lunch was a bit dull and I got that sleepy thing going on, was fidgeting, yawning and desperately trying to keep my eyes open, awful. We had soome video conference calls with Bangalore - jolly chaps they were.
tried not to watch the footy, but couldn't resist the penalties, poor John Terry , poor Chelsea, I hope my Dad's OK, he tends to get overexcited!
This morning I have plodded - hoorah, nice and slow, I agree with you Chuggy, it's like a treat afterwards, it's just the getting out there that's tricky. And I'm working at home today - yipeeeee

XB
22/05/2008 at 09:45

double

22/05/2008 at 10:11

whammy

Well nabbed, XB!

XB
22/05/2008 at 10:18

go-go 

Gas man is here, banana is digesting, hopefully I'll be on the road by 1100.

22/05/2008 at 10:25

dancer

Hope the gas man is able to sort things out without too much expense.

22/05/2008 at 11:57
Are you on the road then XB??
22/05/2008 at 12:21

Line    yeee haaaaa! Slap my thigh!

(((jnr Pud))) seat belts on buses especially for kids should be a legal requirement.  When we lived in Wales junior Tubs used to go to school in a minibus - I couldn't drive then, didn't have lessons until I was 26 or so - skint!  They didn't have seatbelts but that was the mid eighties. 

(((chuggy))) lovely for you having C1 back soon.  Mr Tubs new boss in London is Dutch, Mr Tubs did tell me which bit he came from but I will need to write it down so I can remember, but he says he's very nice and a good guy to work with.

Feeling a bit better.  Had a niggling sore throat for about a week, kept thinking it was the start of a cold but not progressed.  Generally feel under the weather so have ex biked 3 miles, trotted on the treddie for half a mile and hauled some weights up and down.  Strawberries and Manx Davidsons vanilla icecream haven't helped really!

(((waisters))))

XB
22/05/2008 at 13:36

Dividing

<Holds bowl out for strawbs>

The plan - 10 mins w/up, 8 miles at 9:20 pace, cooldown

What actually happened - 10 mins w/up, 8 miles at 9:17 pace, cooldown

And the whole hour and a half was niggle-less.

And, even better was the plate of ham and scrambled eggs I've just scoffed.

22/05/2008 at 13:44

Sharing

<fills XB's bowl with strawberries & a large pile of ice cream>  Leaves remainder in WaisterFridge

Good run, even more so when it doesn't hurt  

Edited: 22/05/2008 at 13:54
22/05/2008 at 13:49
XB
22/05/2008 at 14:07

Caring

That'll do for me, Tommy.

<Scoop>

22/05/2008 at 14:52

WAISTers

I prefer clotted cream but I'll not be so rude as to decline the offer.

well it's that old Thursday dilemma. r*nnong group is calling but the voices in my head, a bit like Amy Winehouse, say no, no, no

22/05/2008 at 14:59
Mornin

Dashing through yogurt, then off to w*rk, ringing the builder to say sorry, but nobody's actually going to be here at 9 when he wants to call round... then dashing home, changed, and rushing into town for my interview. The more times I say it the less of a list it seems

(((((((mini pud))))))) that's dreadful! Look after yourself too
x
22/05/2008 at 15:07
Or rather afternoon...

Hmm - Waisters - lovely!

Well done on the running, XB! You're a proper little speed fiend now, you WAIFer you!

Well, I got my job Of course I actually think the interview was pretty much a formality... They spent most of the time telling me about the course, then asked me 3 questions (which I answered perfectly), and then I had to do a handwriting and spelling test (!). Handwriting is perfect (of course ) but gets a bit blurry when I' writing fast. But I write SO fast that I can afford to slow down...

Spelling - I spelt 2 things wrong - completely shocking! Minuscule (which I spelt miniscule...) (hang on - my computer seems to think they're both right!) and Manoeverable - which I still can't spell But apparently the aim was to see if I knew when I'd spelt something wrong - which I did

Anyway, hardly the most intellectual of jobs, but very cheery indeed, valuable for the people it's for, and relatively well paid, flexible, and I can do as much of it as I want I can see this extending beyond my PhD at this rate.

So today I feel very positive and excitable and cheery - this doesn't start til September so it's something to look forward to, solves a few money worries, and means I don't have to think about w*rk after PhD cos I can just do this until something 'proper' comes along (mind you, at the minute I think jobs like this are the way forwards - I can't be doing with full time difficult nonsense!)

Sorry for waffling - but I'm a very Cheery Daffs

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.