for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

111,601 to 111,620 of 242,744 messages
Ellie.    pirate
27/05/2008 at 12:39
Well, i did tell you i was going out with an older man
XB
27/05/2008 at 12:48
27/05/2008 at 12:51

Awww, it's so nice to pop in and see everyone )))

Ellie, glad you had such a fab time last night---don't let the whinger get to you! I think Podds' suggestion is BRILL!!! As you said, he's a bit sad really, making such a fuss about something that was totally impersonal and not your fault anyway. Glad you've cheered up again! Have a lurvely hollyday!!

Westie, you too! Heaven only know what water will have flowed under the bridge by 9 June, but those of us still clinging to the wreckage will certainly tell your our tale, at great length and with no detail left out! Have a super time!

Jenni, nothing makes you feel more tired than a quiet evening. It's not that it makes you tired, it just lets enough of the nervous energy drain away that you realie how tired you really are. So rest was a good idea.

Daffs, doncha just HATE computers when they do that? I hope you wrote the other 7000 words recently enough that you can remember most of them (I never feel re-writes under these conditions are really as good but everyone else assures me that nobody else can tell the difference).

I don't know anything about some nasty person's digs at Meldy---can anyone enlighten me? He's VERY stupid, whoever he is, cos if he's saying mean things to/about Melds then (a) he's wrong and (b) he's in serious danger!!

Yums, enjoy the circus. At least they won't have travelling fish doing tricks! And don't worry, let it flap: its days are well and truly numbered, and counting down!!!

Oops gotta to go a meeting. (Why do they have meetings? They interrupt time on the forum at the MOST inconvenient moments!!) See y'all later. WAISt well!

27/05/2008 at 12:54
Great photos XB, but why do neither of you ever look read and sweaty?  I go red even when there is just a change of temperature.
27/05/2008 at 13:08

LOL Ellie @ the older man, and Westie..............you old dog you 

XB - what lovely photos from Sunday - it's at times like this I really miss WAISTer world as it was such a great place for every one to contribute photos so life in WAISTerworld could be recorded...

LOL FP - I'm with you on the colour change - I could never wear a Fetch shirt as I'd clash horribly

Am struggling to concentrate on the studying but keep on telling myself that every page done is a step in the right direction.  Unfortunately I've just found an erratum which I'm sure was signalled on the website so need to check the correction and of course I couldn't possibly check without first sticking my head round the door of the lounge 

27/05/2008 at 13:30
Keep going, Podds - I will if you will!
27/05/2008 at 13:36
well I've met Westie - and if I weren't happily married ............
27/05/2008 at 13:36
But then I am old enough to be Ellie's Mother - as well as Daff's
27/05/2008 at 13:40
sounds like a cue for a Jerry Springer show......
27/05/2008 at 13:49

Hoorah and ballyhoo.

Errant cat has returned.Neighbour who doesn't live next door but uses the garden as an allotment and has been 'doing it up' for the past 20 years or so decided to drop by and had a good look round. He said he could see signs of a cat (pile of sick - ahh that must be one of my faithful felines) but no cat to be seen. He left the back door open  - just tumbleweed for an hour so I decided to nip to the shop to get my lunch. I was greeted VERY enthusiatically  on my return and I am in the process of being nuzzled and purred to death (by the cat - not the neighbour). She has also become a lot more vocal. Also it's reassuring to note that evil bulemic cat hadn't eaten her whilst we were away and not watching!

Funny how I'm no longer in a grumpy old mood - thanks for all the vibes - they work!

27/05/2008 at 13:50

Nice photo XB - I see you're doing a Terry Wogan in the lycra - near put me off my lunch!

27/05/2008 at 13:54

woohoo, DL - lovely for you both

does XB wear a syrup then ?

27/05/2008 at 13:57

thank dog I can't see those photos

fab news on the cat DL.  

I once lost a cat (Lucy) for about a month, she was in a derelict house and too nervous to come out, luckily someone heard her, started feeding her and alerted me. I managed to entice her out, and I'll never forget how pleased she was to be home - she was all over me purring and nuzzling, so sweet.

hmm, old Westie seems to have a few admirers, lucky devil

XB
27/05/2008 at 14:00
???A Terry Wogan???
27/05/2008 at 14:08
??

Glad errant cat has been found, DL!! Also glad she left some, er, evidence

Terry Wogan?? I'll have to go back and have a proper look at them pics..
27/05/2008 at 14:08

Terry's tight trouser moment caused quite a stir at the time

M...eldy    pirate
27/05/2008 at 14:15
there is no way I am going to click on the lunch box link

Thank heavens Puss has returned,  they are often not too far away just waiting for normality to return .. and a proper cook !

GPO has just had a mad five minutes with a mouse and a piece of string

Murph was taken by surprise by a nakid sheep and nearly sat in my lap.
XB
27/05/2008 at 14:16
27/05/2008 at 14:25
Ah now, DL, don't embarrass the poor lad...
27/05/2008 at 14:26
I like Terry's quote - 'I did the show in moleskin trousers, and the mole was still in them...' - LOL!

Mr Daffs has just moved another lady's bed, and has now gone out for lunch with her!! And while I'm sat here w*rking various parts of my anatomy off!

The cheek of it

;)
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.