working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

111,941 to 111,960 of 233,777 messages
XB
27/05/2008 at 09:13
27/05/2008 at 10:18
27/05/2008 at 10:20

Have read back and forgotten lots. Great photos Podds.

Just spoken to barking boss and I'm in an even worse mood today - aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh

27/05/2008 at 10:31

I'll join you, DL - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Written over 12,000 words in the last week or so, all saved onto my laptop and uploaded onto the university network at the end of each day. Saved it on the network again this morning, so I could finish it at the office since I had to come in for a meeting anyway - and I've got here and it's only got 5000 of the words! Obviously an old version - but why hasn't it saved the new one??

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not a complete crisis, but I'll just have to stay for the meeting and then go straight home and do it there. VERY ANNOYING.

27/05/2008 at 10:33

Morning all

crikey I'm tired today - not sure why cos I actually sat down and watched TV yesterday evening, while Mr. FF cooked, and I had a nice early night.

have read back but my brain is not in retention made . I hope you find the cat DL - poor thing, I'm sure it's not far away, just confused.

FP, shame you're not nearer to me, I'd plod with you! I know what you mean about schedules, I've got Shades 1/2 plan if you want it - it's pretty straightforward

The weather here was shocking overnight, a real gale, just dull now. Loads of wurk to do this week -bleurgh

27/05/2008 at 10:34
DL, it strikes me that you are surrounded by madness.  Work, OH's family, WAISters.........or is it all in the mind?
27/05/2008 at 10:37

(((DL)))

(((podds)))

is it a bird ? is it a plane ?  no its jetset chuggy

thought of you today FP, WAISterose published a leaflet on Britains best picnic spots and mentioned Hardcastle Crags, West Yorkshire. Oddly enough, Margit Madhouse Managerie for Malnourished Mutts wasn't on the list  

*flippity flap*

*splishitty splosh*

reeks unpleasantly and unnecessarily round here

27/05/2008 at 10:39

Morning JFF,

Not sure what Shades 1/2 is but I will certainly take a look at it as I am doing the Jane Tomlinson 10k the week after I return from the bike ride (have only run once in last couple of weeks) and I am doing the GNR again in October.  I would love to be able to put some proper training in rather than the higgledy piggledy training I do at mo.

Beanzie, thanks for the PM.  We will get things sorted after the bike ride.

(((DL's cat)))

27/05/2008 at 10:40
Phwoar, what's that smell Yumms?
Ellie.    pirate
27/05/2008 at 11:03

(((((((((DL))))))))))

I was in such a good mood this morning. Went out for beers and curry last night with Mr Ellie and friends and stayed over. Woke up this morning to Bacon butties and tea in bed, very nice

Anyway, came home and checked running club emails only to find the usual whinging and complaining about the latest newsletter, really don't know why i bother. This time it was just a couple of missing race results (which i don't do - someone else emails me that info) but one guy has taken it really personally - apparently we refused to put the result in because he's slow. For goodness sake, it just got missed! He's had a right rant, grrrrrrrrr. Anyway, now i feel bad for upsetting people which i know is silly so now i'm upset

Ah well, i'm off on hollibobs tomorrow, must get packing

27/05/2008 at 11:23

oh Ellie, how annoying for you!   happy packing, though

<<bash, bosh, splat>> bloomin fish

FP, if you email me through here, then I'll have your address, and I will send you Shades plan, or something , acshully, I do think it's pretty easy to follow, and its 3 plods per week with option for a 4th which is ideal for WAISTering

27/05/2008 at 11:35

Morning all just checking in and wishing you all well for the next 12 days, special mention for OSN ((((()))))

get well mate.

Dog dropped off and now on his holiday just finished my own packing fully (can't do it front of dog as he picks up vibes).

So my merry WAISters happy plodding / swimbling / cycling and in some cases pedaloing(thas not right is it ) 

I will have to ask for a Chuggy type review when I get back about the 9 june!!! now what was that old song>>>> Oh yes " I'm leaving on a jet plane la la la la

27/05/2008 at 11:57

Holiday season arrives!

<waves with a tear in the eye to Westie and Ellie - separately of course, or am I missing something??>

27/05/2008 at 12:22

LOL DL

FP - shades' plan is pretty approachable, may well be worth looking into

Ellie - easy solution, you:-

a) email him back saying that as he is clearly itching to be involved in the newsletter and doubts your abilities then you are handing its production over to him and will inform the committee and all club members with immediate effect that he has taken it over

b) when you end up doing the next newsletter (which you will coz he doesn't want to be editor just a whinger) you print a fullsome apology to him, naming him and assuring him that despite his belief that he was ignored for being slow (reprint part of his email as proof) this was a simple error and you had of course offered to hand the newsletter over to him as he is clearly so good at it but he had refused to take it on.  You will of course continue to do your very best but apologise for any other odd mistakes that might creep in due to your being only human......

If that doesn't shut him up I can think of further sanctions 

Ellie.    pirate
27/05/2008 at 12:26

lol Podds, very, very tempting!

I think a terse reply apologising for missing it and saying i'll put it in the next one will have to suffice.

Just bought myself some nice snacky thinks (i.e. junk) to go with my lunch so the thought of that and hollibobs has cheered me up. Need to go shopping for a beach towel and suncream later

Ellie.    pirate
27/05/2008 at 12:39
Well, i did tell you i was going out with an older man
XB
27/05/2008 at 12:48
27/05/2008 at 12:51

Awww, it's so nice to pop in and see everyone )))

Ellie, glad you had such a fab time last night---don't let the whinger get to you! I think Podds' suggestion is BRILL!!! As you said, he's a bit sad really, making such a fuss about something that was totally impersonal and not your fault anyway. Glad you've cheered up again! Have a lurvely hollyday!!

Westie, you too! Heaven only know what water will have flowed under the bridge by 9 June, but those of us still clinging to the wreckage will certainly tell your our tale, at great length and with no detail left out! Have a super time!

Jenni, nothing makes you feel more tired than a quiet evening. It's not that it makes you tired, it just lets enough of the nervous energy drain away that you realie how tired you really are. So rest was a good idea.

Daffs, doncha just HATE computers when they do that? I hope you wrote the other 7000 words recently enough that you can remember most of them (I never feel re-writes under these conditions are really as good but everyone else assures me that nobody else can tell the difference).

I don't know anything about some nasty person's digs at Meldy---can anyone enlighten me? He's VERY stupid, whoever he is, cos if he's saying mean things to/about Melds then (a) he's wrong and (b) he's in serious danger!!

Yums, enjoy the circus. At least they won't have travelling fish doing tricks! And don't worry, let it flap: its days are well and truly numbered, and counting down!!!

Oops gotta to go a meeting. (Why do they have meetings? They interrupt time on the forum at the MOST inconvenient moments!!) See y'all later. WAISt well!

27/05/2008 at 12:54
Great photos XB, but why do neither of you ever look read and sweaty?  I go red even when there is just a change of temperature.
27/05/2008 at 13:08

LOL Ellie @ the older man, and Westie..............you old dog you 

XB - what lovely photos from Sunday - it's at times like this I really miss WAISTer world as it was such a great place for every one to contribute photos so life in WAISTerworld could be recorded...

LOL FP - I'm with you on the colour change - I could never wear a Fetch shirt as I'd clash horribly

Am struggling to concentrate on the studying but keep on telling myself that every page done is a step in the right direction.  Unfortunately I've just found an erratum which I'm sure was signalled on the website so need to check the correction and of course I couldn't possibly check without first sticking my head round the door of the lounge 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.