working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

111,941 to 111,960 of 237,900 messages
30/05/2008 at 08:36

Morning <blushes and averts eye's from Daffy>

The sun is shining here although they're clearing up after flash floods just a few miles away.

I have decided to write this week off and will start a-fresh next week. I will go plodding. I will do the washing up on the same day that I dirty them, I will rediscover the hoover, and I will be more positive!

Would come to the party Puds but we have next door invading to play with our new Wii. It's nice to know it's not our scintillating company that's drawn them in!

Sluggie - can you get my shopping when you're in Tesco today - ta - thanks for the bath link. The campaign on the stain will continue soon!

30/05/2008 at 09:21

Just let me have your list, DL, and I'll be happy to oblige!

Have just spent a very frustrating hour on-line trying to help SB get tickets for a Tom Wait concert in Prague. They went on sale at 8am our time and the site had crashed by 8.03! Finally got him a ticket, then more anxiety ensued whilst waiting to hear whether any of his mates got one. SB now very happy as both mates are also going. My credit card used so I'm supermum for today

Edited: 30/05/2008 at 09:22
30/05/2008 at 09:28

Morning,

Blimey - its not raining.   Do the clouds ever run out of rain? How can it go on and on and on for days like that?

LOL at all your antics here. Too much to comment on  but have a good day everyone. xxx

30/05/2008 at 11:02

morning all

well done the plodders

moan groan - it took me over 2 hours to get home last night (fires and accidents on roads)  grrr, and I failed to plod this morning after jumping out of bed at 4am with cramp , then staying awake till time to get up grrrr again! Anyway, will definitely plod tomorrow so there!

And - I'm really busy at wurk grrrr again, it's Friday, I like to take it easy on Fridays!

best get on  - not grumpy really, I quite like being busy!

30/05/2008 at 11:57

Ok - so I know Planet Fanet is not cool or trendy or even slightly important...

But I switch on my tv this morning to national stories about some eensy weensy flooding in Somerset while parts of Thanet are still under water from Tuesday night's end of the world storm....  One of the main roads to Canterbury is still closed 2 1/2 days later due to floodwaters....

What do we have to do to get a mention???!!!

30/05/2008 at 12:26
Storms? Floods?? We had some slight drizzle last night, and the ground is a bit damp this morning. Otherwise today is warm and dry Not quite sunny, but you can't have everything

((((((((((Jenni))))))))))) it'llall be alright, honest

Done meeting, had biscuits, got lots more w*rk to do, and my lovely mother has texted me to tell me 'it's 30 weeks til Boxing Day' - thanks Mum!

Off for a walk now, then w*rk to do this afternoon, measuring the garden, and out to a cheery meeting this evening. Not a bad Friday!

Waist well...
XB
30/05/2008 at 12:36

I'm afraid that there is someone who decides what is newsworthy and their brain works in mysterious ways.

I mean, how awful to find out there are some poor peeps who have been held captive in Iraq for over 12 months and there's no mention in the news.

Hmmmm, I've got some serious work sh1t bubbling under the surface and it's pi$$ing me off.

Grrrr

30/05/2008 at 12:40

Thanet -where's that? <<sniggers>>

hey, guess what?

it really is non-uniform day today - guess who's in uniform? - hehe

30/05/2008 at 13:50

Afgernoon

I posted this morning but it seemed to never make it to RW Towers

I ran early, it was good.

Since then I have done some 'tutoring' with one of Runnerbeanz's running mates who has been ill and missed some school - and kind-of lost her memory  as a side effect. Stuff is still there but it all needs reconnecting somehow.

Then into down to transfer oodles of boodle to some foerign bank account so I can go to a conference in Granada in July :>)

Just abotu to have a late lunch and then some work, I suppose. 

30/05/2008 at 14:36

LOL Jenni

(((XB)))

Granada - tough life Beanz!!

30/05/2008 at 14:52

I thought Granada had changed its name to ITV1?

Somerset is far more important than fanet - we have cream teas and stuff - what are you famous for?????

30/05/2008 at 15:26
Chavs!!
30/05/2008 at 16:00

I've just signed up for ANOTHER new job.... :/ Delivering the free paper! Hardly the most intellectually challenging of jobs... And hardly the best paid for the work....

But it's exercise, right??? 2-3 hours wandering up and down the local streets a week. And it's hardly a bad time of year. And I can do it over a couple of days, so not tied to set hours.

And it's about £60 a month (I said it was bad!) which is round about my cream tea money

Was it the right thing to do?? I was thinking of saying no but then looked at the bank statement, and remembered the car insurance is due soon....

30/05/2008 at 16:28

Daffy, only you can say if it is the right thing, but nothing is lost if you do it for a while and then quit later if that's what you want.

Podds, you're right, I hadn't even realised that there had been floods down your way

((XB))

DL, couldn't wait arond any longer for your list so have been and raided Tesco on my own account.

Beanz, Granada eh? Sounds good

30/05/2008 at 17:07

Shucks - guess I'd better go shopping then

Happy weekends everyone

30/05/2008 at 18:00
Get some for me while you're there dude!
M...eldy    pirate
30/05/2008 at 20:31
I am here 

sort of ...  

<<disappears off in a mysterious way>>
30/05/2008 at 22:12
<taps fingers impatiently whilst wondering if everyone else has gone to a party without her>
M...eldy    pirate
30/05/2008 at 22:25
errr nope!
XB
30/05/2008 at 22:29
We've all gone to help those poor people in Gloucestershire who have had terrible flooding. Really bad, it is. Poor, poor non-chavs.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.