working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

141 to 160 of 236,778 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/02/2004 at 05:44
Morning
Off to RPM class then work, it's Friday so paperwork, meetings, more meetings and more paperwork.
See you later
XB
13/02/2004 at 13:11
Hey

Quiet in here today. Good luck T1, it sounds like you'd benefit from a good run.
RPM? I'm intrigued.

I had a very gentle plod this morning on my sore ankle. It felt better but very tender. I'm off to see the (Podiatry) wizard this after - he thinks he will be able to sort it.

I hope so - I have my mother in law staying for half term next week and I'll need to get out of the house.

T'rar
M.
13/02/2004 at 13:18
RPM is another name for spinning
M.
13/02/2004 at 13:23
RPM is cycling on stationary bikes to music - it looks very hard!

I reached my 30min non-stop running target this morning. Woo hoo!!!!

No more McDonalds and no urge for anything sweet and sticky since Wednesday's faux pas.

On an anti-valentines night out tonight (with a bunch of bitter women). What's not too calorie intensive as far as alcohol goes?
13/02/2004 at 14:11
Gin and slimline tonic
13/02/2004 at 14:16
TenTon, try vodka and slimline tonic or diet coke - 50 calories a shot. Did 3 miles on treadmill this morning,run and walking. breathing bad. got patches from doctor today and hope to start using them at the weekend so hopefully the wheezes will soon be going and that will make running easier. sore hamstring today. rest or run tomorrow? think I know the answer really just don't want to have to stop now that I've got myself in the right frame of mind for running.
13/02/2004 at 14:17
Good on you TenTon
I've blown it I'm afraid and eaten large amount of chocolate today - don't really know why as not a bad day all things considered.....well pi**ed off with self. Will go for self denial tonight and be so busy that don't need to eat.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/02/2004 at 15:31
Plodder
Don't do self denial, that's the road to failure for one little slip.

Try 'I won't have any today' tacitic, then if you wish carry that on each day or every other day.

You could always have some choccie (just a little), but really enjoy it once a week, this will then be without guilt. It's worth a try.
13/02/2004 at 16:03
Caren - thanks for advice. I'm slowly getting better at it - used to stuff my face every day - could go days on end eating only chocolate.... today's disaster is first choccie for 3 days so that's not too bad. Might try and force myself to take muppets out for extra walk after work to compensate a bit - to me for all the calories and to them to having been rather "home aloned" this week.
Will also definitely run at weekend...
13/02/2004 at 16:47
Okay, advice has been taken on board. Now I'm going to put it to the test!! ;-)

Alcopops will be avoided. Have a good weekend.
13/02/2004 at 20:24
Hi all

Today's a rest day for me. I did my hilly fartlek last night. I'm sure it must have done me good, but neither my intervals or hill climbs were particularly speedy- but then again it's all relative isn't it?

The downside of getting somewhat fitter is that I'm now finding it a real struggle to run fast enough to get my hr up to lactate threshold. And, with me being me, I tend to give into the temptation to slow down again and just jog.

Tomorrow morning I'm going with the club on their long run. We've got an 11.5 miler planned, which should prove very useful to me as my 10 mile race is only 3 weeks away.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
13/02/2004 at 21:29
Sloooooow 10 miler this evening.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
14/02/2004 at 07:53
Morning all
Got a load of flowers and a soppy card, dunno whether to be glad or sorry that there was no choccie!!
No running for me today, I'm supposed to be doing a 10k tomorrow, legs and ankles not too bad this morning so it looks positive.
See you later
XB
14/02/2004 at 08:22
Morning - heart shaped biccies (jammy dodger style) for me.

3 miles in 30 mins for me. Maybe another long slow plod later.

TTFN
14/02/2004 at 08:24
morning

very , very gentle and short plod for me today prior to the lonest run of my life tomorrow
14/02/2004 at 08:24
Longest

and perhaps loneliest too
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
14/02/2004 at 08:32
You won't be lonely, you'll have hundreds of forumites with you in spirit :)))
14/02/2004 at 08:54
Doesnt really matter anyway
Do all my runs on my own as it is

its just the thought of seeing all the others finished, while i have to go round another 5 loops
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
14/02/2004 at 11:49
I've just had confirmation of the Adidas training day in Wimbledon next week!!

My stomach is doing flip flops, this FLM thing is getting more and more real..........................

<<<<<< omygod what have I done >>>>>

Is anyone else going to this? It would be great to meet some other forumites there.

I'd better just get on with my course work if I'm going to be away next Sunday
14/02/2004 at 12:04
Off out for long run today. It's cold and damp and got no one to drive me anywhere nice so eill have to run along canal with annoying fishermen :-(

Wanted to go out first thing this morn but didn't plan it very well - started eatng breakfast and didn't stop (huge bowl of porridge, jam buttie, montana choccie biscuit) so have had to wait for all that to settle before I head out the door. Not evn gonna try to go any faster than ultra-slow plod today, just not in the mood.

btw ten ton, the 'not today' thing sometimes works for me too. Saving things for treats for the weekend rather than just denying yourself will mean you have more control over eating chocolate/McDonalds or whatever. Saying that though, look at what I had for brekkie and that was just supposed to be a small pre-run bowl of porridge!
141 to 160 of 236,778 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.