Big Race entries: transfer / swap / sell

Shiould there be some Customer Service?

21 to 27 of 27 messages
28/01/2013 at 12:35

Agree with Wilkie's point, I have never been asked anthing more than name, address, d.o.b and, of late , my EA number as I'm club affiliated. There may well be a box to list medical conditions, but not having any, I don't actively look for it.
Some numbers do have contact details on the back, I think I've filled those in once, maybe twice. Its the same info thats on the entry form, plus an emergency contact number.

Unless I'm seriously injured (i.e. unable to communicate), then I should be able to make any issues known, even if I couldn't I'm not sure not having my exact details would stop a medical team responding appropriately. (If I were to collapse in the street, would the medics stand around until I was identified?)
I'm still not sure (after years of racing) exactly what race insurance covers. If I trip, walk into something, have an accident or keel over, these are just that, accidents. Not sure how (or if ) they are covered. Don't even think they should be.

UFO
28/01/2013 at 17:00

It's third party insurance in case you cause an accident.

UFO
28/01/2013 at 19:53

Reading half marathon, which is the 2nd biggest in the country allows details changing if it's done early enough.

Naturally they don't broadcast this news, as it would invite more work for them, but I used this system a couple of years ago.

It seems a bit like the races that claim there's no entry on the day. I worked on a half marathon that said that, but in our briefing they said, if we don't let them pay, they'll just run it for free anyway!

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
31/01/2013 at 06:10

Ironman has a scheme whereby you can transfer your entry to another race.

PSC    pirate
31/01/2013 at 06:23
So does Challenge. Works well too.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
01/02/2013 at 07:26

yeah, I'm toying with the idea of swapping from Vichy to Almere now that one's under the Challenge umbrella too. Not so far to drive!

02/02/2013 at 21:16
seren nos wrote (see)

martenkay.if you book a series of swim lessons for your kids and they are ill.its tough .. you lose it....

also horseriding lessons.wake up the day before with an illness and tough ... you still have to pay the £17 for the lesson.........

Not always true - I have swimming lessons and one of my classmates hurt her ribs - the teacher said they would carry her credits over to the next term so she didn't lose money (as long as she carried on the following term).  So she didn't get a refund but she was able to pay less this term.

I see no reason why races can't arrange transfers - my local half marathon does, and so do Events to live who are a commercial organisation organising races in the Surrey area.

Race organisers also need to stop saying they won't accept liability for injury.  It's totally unenforceable to say that you restrict or exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by your negligence but so many of the race organisers do it. 

Edited: 02/02/2013 at 21:25

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.