161 Million...

what would you do?

1 to 20 of 39 messages
Nam
14/07/2011 at 11:12
The single ticket holder to walk away with the Euromillions jackpot will soon be catapulted into 430th place in this year's Sunday Times Rich List, not far behind Dave and Vickie Beckham.

The prize would earn them an estimated £9,300 a day in interest alone.

What would you do with that much money?

14/07/2011 at 11:19

Ring up my ex and announce the win VERY LOUDLY

Edited for "weird, didn't submit this, yet it posted"

Anyhoo, as I was going on to say.

Give a certain amount to family members, put some by for the offspring and look to give some away to worthy causes.  I'd start a foundation to invest it and then use it to help / support others as much as I could.

Edited: 14/07/2011 at 11:22
14/07/2011 at 11:23

pay off the mortgage.

And after that I'm completely stumped! Not to say I wouldn't mind being given the chance to try spending it...

14/07/2011 at 11:31

I'd share it with everyone else on the forum, of course... 

I mean, if you're looking for ideas...

Edited: 14/07/2011 at 11:31
14/07/2011 at 11:41
I'd wander around with bundles of £10,000 to give to random strangers. However, they'd have to convince me that they're worthy of it.

I'd also ask fit birds to show me their nawks - one minute for £5,000. That'd be to prove a point.
Gyraffe    pirate
14/07/2011 at 11:45

Spend it!!!!!!!!!!!!

14/07/2011 at 11:51
Get naked and roll in it
14/07/2011 at 12:14

Immediate things popping in to my head:

Selection of houses, few slaves, get family/friends secure, buy a farm, fly to my best mate in US and hug her lots, buy her a house and speed up her epilepsy treatment, buy a tank and a field to play with it in (prob on the farm), build my own top gear test track, buy a pub, set up more free and unattached runs across the country (like parkrun but longer/varying distance)... get naked and swim in it! 

Nam
14/07/2011 at 12:56
Wilkie wrote (see)
Get naked and roll in it

14/07/2011 at 13:00
Give 90% of it away and keep the rest for me and the clan.
seren nos    pirate
14/07/2011 at 13:10
buy a riding stables and start looking at my favourite charities.and buy Meldy a new car
14/07/2011 at 13:38
buy west ham and close them down !
Nam
14/07/2011 at 13:41

Even when I consider buying all sorts of things for myself, friends, family... including nice house, nice car, sort out parent's elder care, help friends who struggle etc... there still seems an awful lot left. 

It's just an inconceivable sum of money.

14/07/2011 at 13:57

I don't think I'd do anything very outrageous.

Buy a nice house, a less scruffy car, go on the holidays I've always fancied but that just seemed too expensive. 

I'd never go to Tesco again, though, and never get on a bus or a train again (maybe with the exception of the Orient Express!), and I'd never fly cattle class ever again.  Ever.

14/07/2011 at 14:26

I'd be straight on the phone to an Aston Martin dealer to book test drives.  And I'd probably lose myself for a few days.  I've a feeling I'd suddenly become very attractive and might find myself over whelmed with company.

Obviously make sure family and friends are well looked after.  I'd travel a lot and have a couple of houses in the UK and maybe one abroad.  I'd love to have a team to train me up to hit a few race targets.  Invest a lot of the money to try and make sure I never run out and also do lots for good causes.  Too larger an amount to not do some good with it.

14/07/2011 at 14:45
Buy a valley with a farm and good land and pay someoene else to run it for me while I potter at whatever I fancy - though I would do that degree I want to and probably play with that as well
14/07/2011 at 15:13

A savile row bespoke suit from here

A 1970 VW Beetle 1303s

May buy this place what a view 

Maybe this nice

14/07/2011 at 15:59

The usual stuff, give money to family, few top end cars, very large house with gym, sauna, steam room, games room, bowling alley, swimming pool, cinema room, holiday.  I would invest in property and property development, just to keep my mind occupied.

I would employ people to do pretty much everything for me, cook, clean, gardening etc

I would also pay off my close friend's mortgages and put some money in a trust fund for their children.

Then live off the interest.

Bob Colclough 2 - Like your thinking mate!!

14/07/2011 at 16:04

Would be tempted to buy a new pair of running shoes and possibly a garmin

14/07/2011 at 16:16

The trouble with paying off your friends' mortgages and putting money in trust for their children is then they are beholden to you.

And where do you stop?  Who are close friends, and who don't quite make the grade? 

I don't think I would like to be in that position.  If my mate won all that money and offered to pay of my mortgage, I think I would say thanks, but no.

Take me on a nice holiday, buy me a modest car, but don't put money in trust for my kids (not that I have any, but if I did...)

1 to 20 of 39 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.