2 weeks is a long time in forum land

Snicks is back from hols

21 to 38 of 38 messages
19/08/2002 at 16:09
Goodbeye, goodbye, I won't be doing either -just yet. Thanks Iain. There are so many new pics! Will try and get something sorted.
19/08/2002 at 20:14
Hi Snicks, welcome back to blighty!

Glad you had a nice relaxing holiday while us lot were busy slogging our guts out pounding the pavements!

If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about missing a couple of weeks training. I'm sure you'll be back into it before you know it and will be fighting fit for Dublin!
19/08/2002 at 22:39
Hi Snicks, your holiday sounds worthy of a Channel 4 documentary. Glad you enjoyed it and had a good rest. I'll be asking you more about the hot gossip.
BK
20/08/2002 at 13:50
Laura, are you writing a book?
20/08/2002 at 14:00
Laura, believe me, my holiday would have made the best reality TV programme ever. It was like been on the poor side of Big Brother, but with far more interesting life stories from the campers (all single parents). We were hated by the French, 'those Damn Seul parents', we had parties outside our tents until 4am, then were driven around in a clapped out old van on trips during the day. One of the campers decided that our leader had a form of autism. He kept telling us off, and plonking himself down at our tables at night with a bottle of a red to bore us with tales of his bizarre life... I could go on, add in Love triangles, and drinking games, and you get the picture...
20/08/2002 at 14:02
Oh and had it confirmed by my doctor today that I do have a chest infection, and am now on antibiotics...
cougie    pirate
20/08/2002 at 14:13
This sounds like a best seller in itself.
Write the book Snicks, and throw in some running things too and we'd all buy it !
20/08/2002 at 16:12
What are Love triangles, some type of French biscuit? I need to know for my book.
BK
20/08/2002 at 16:21
LauraL. Can we get a copy of your book at club rates

Snicks. Did you ever finish that article where you quoted some rubbish I'd said
20/08/2002 at 16:25
If you mean the one about running in your thirties then it was published a month or two back, including my quote (amongst many others).

Iain
BK
20/08/2002 at 16:40
No I think it was about 10k v Half v Marathon times. Where do you two get published then
20/08/2002 at 16:54
Blue Knees, the piece on what distance are you best suited for should be out soon. Sorry once it's done and I've invoiced, I lose track.
Laura, not a biscuit, a cheese spread, Dairy l'amour, bit like our very own Dairylea
BK
20/08/2002 at 17:00
Sorry Snicks but you didn't say where
20/08/2002 at 17:01
Oh, not La Vache Qui Rit then? (my book's a French phrase book, naturellement Genoux Bleux)
20/08/2002 at 23:33
snicks - what gives??

posts down by 1000%; runing times improved by 20% (any correlation)

i'm going to have to get sterling (who's on hols, but with whom i'm running/swimming the budapest half mara in 10 days) to ressurect some of your original threads...

fun eh??
21/08/2002 at 12:54
BK, remember, it's a piece for the other side, the unmentionalbes, the opposition (Running Fitness)...
WWR: Has his lordship been on the Port? Don't think my posts have reduced as much as you think? How much swimming do you do in the Budapest Half - sounds good.
And surely, even the great Sterling won't be able to dig out old posts now, what with the flash new site...
Laura, ashamed to admit that my French consists of : Bonjour, Comment Ca Va, Une Beer s'ils vous plait, et merci.... The Cow who Rit, what's that then?
Ratbag    pirate
21/08/2002 at 13:19
Snicks,

Didn't you forget 'Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir....' as the song goes??? Not of course that you would ever say such a thing being a good Catholic girl and all....

'La Vache Qui Rit' is the laughing cow cheese triangles...I'm sure you must have seen them there...

All the best,

RB
BK
21/08/2002 at 13:48
Cheers Snicks, I'll have a look at the mag. Hasn't RB got a picture of you that you could use?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 38 of 38 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.