A new incentive for England cricketers

6 messages
06/12/2006 at 19:01
They got a parade when they won. If they lose the ashes and don't improve performances, they should be made to do a slow walk of shame down right down The Mall and into Buckhingham Palace to have their MBEs ripped off by Prince Phillip. Hoggard, Collingwood and perhaps Bell would be excused.
07/12/2006 at 09:24
What a bloody great idea.
07/12/2006 at 12:20
Could we take rotten fruit and veg to contribute to proceedings?

(Let's face it if they threw it back at us Anderson, Giles and Harmison wouldn't hit us)
07/12/2006 at 14:50
Yes indeed, flour, eggs, water bombs, stale milk and jeering would all be welcome.
07/12/2006 at 15:17
Hang on peeps, they haven't lost yet.
07/12/2006 at 15:41
No, and if they come back from this I will gladly eat my hat and write letters of apology to all of them. However, I have followed England through thick and thin since 1988 and I have never felt as bad as this, and there were some pretty thin times in there - to name but a few; Mark Illot, Peter Such, Peter Martin, Foster and Emburey recalled for ashes 1993, Gatting picked for Aus tour 94/95, Illingworth trying to remodel Devon Malcolm's action and England losing 1-0 in S Africa having drawn the first 4 games.

It's not so much the losing to a team we could and should be matching, it's the manner of it, especially contrasted with the hope that has built up over the last few years.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.