A Question for People who Don't Want an Ipad

but do want a tablet.

12 messages
10/05/2013 at 16:38

Why not an iPad, unless it's purely price?

10/05/2013 at 16:39

I like my iPad, but have an android phone, and an IBM PC  and they all talk to each other perfectly well 

10/05/2013 at 16:42

I've had mine 18 months and am using it right now...

touch wood never had any issues with it, and like I say syncs with my Samsung phone. And desk top PC ok 

10/05/2013 at 16:42

My daughter has a Blackberry tablet (no idea what make but she got it at Christmas so its relatively new).  It never leaves her side, she absolutely loves it. 

10/05/2013 at 16:45

Err which ever model was out at Christmas 2011 !  iPad 2 ? 

Not sure what there is to go out of date with it ? Suppose the mini would fit in a handbag ! 

10/05/2013 at 16:46

I guess it's what you want to use it for.  Office applications undoubtedly the market leader is Windows.

Photos/Graphics undoubtedly Apple

I also think for just plain old browsing that Apple wins

Cost is an issue for most people but factor  time into the cost and I think Apple edge it for efficiency.

I am doing this on an IBM computer

10/05/2013 at 16:51

I like if for when I'm watching TV and can have it on the chair arm, also watch Sky Go on it when in hotels etc,  and much easier to lug around for checking emails etc when away from home 

10/05/2013 at 17:41

i love my iPad, but the other half uses the kindle fire HD, it was like £160 i think, and for 90% of what its used for (browsing, internet shopping, forums, reading, watching iplayer etc) its just as good i think. 

I just prefer the bigger screen, and there are a good few adobe apps i use on a daily basis for work that are iOS only, 

10/05/2013 at 18:06

I've got the Nexus 7 and it is pretty fast for browsing with more than enough apps for me. I've also trained it to pick up my Garmin traces. It was certainly a lot cheaper than an iPad and feels just as good.

10/05/2013 at 18:13

I have a Nexus 7 and love it. I'm writing this on it now.

10/05/2013 at 18:16

I have a Nexus 7 too and I love it. 

LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/05/2013 at 19:17

We have a two Nexus tablets, BlackBerry tablet, iPad, iPad 2, Kindle fire HD, and a Samsung Galaxy tab.

The BlackBerry and iPad are going. The others have a stay of execution until something else comes along.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.