a thread for knitters

See pirates, it IS a knitting club!

201 to 220 of 493 messages
19/08/2010 at 09:55

I'm stitching hexagons together in a random fashion at the moment.

Hope you get that finished before your chap retires Schmunkee. It will be lovely.

23/09/2010 at 14:37

Right, I have filed my patchwork away (for that read, chucked it in the bottom of a cupboard) and am now embarking on a new project.

10 rounds into my first sock.

Just hope I don't get KO'd.

*ding ding* seconds out...

23/09/2010 at 15:36

Ooo, I need to update the photo of mine as there has been some progress

23/09/2010 at 15:56

I managed a few rows on a dish cloth this week, tension not great so I shall leave real stuff on hold for a whlle longer.

Wi;; look out, Schmunkee

Good luck with the sock, Small

23/09/2010 at 16:34

Socks rock!

I'm doing a shawlette with Lidl's wool. It's a camouflage colour, so I'm hoping to be able to have a sneaky snooze under it in work as no-one will be able to see me.

My immediate family are getting knitted gifts for C***s this year,

23/09/2010 at 18:15

Knit one for me too please Kwilter if you find the cunning ploy works.

I have mostly been doing socks, socks and more socks.  I tried some Swiss embroidery on one pair.  One sock is about 75% done, it is the most frustrating thing I have ever tried.  I will eventually finish them but I it may be when I am in prison for not paying my parking notice thing

I was supposed to be going to a workshop on Moebus knitting next week but I forgot to pay the deposit and have lost my place.  Oops  I didn't want to knit amoebas anyway, too small and fiddly.

23/09/2010 at 20:20

I've found the pattern for my next pair of socks

WTF is moebus knitting?

iron fraggle    pirate
23/09/2010 at 20:54

moebius knitting is where you knit in the round, but put a twist in before you join it. thus you end up with a scarf/tube thingy with a twist like this

named after mathematician Moebius

23/09/2010 at 20:58

That is clever, Fraggle

I think though only Ravelry peeps will be able to see it, as with Kwilter's socks, which I loved!

iron fraggle    pirate
23/09/2010 at 21:03

sorry!

been tempted to knit a moebius something, as it appeals to my inner nerd

have no pictures, but have completed one set of baby socks and hat, with the next one due to be cast on at the weekend  - babies due left right and centre where I work at the moment

non-ravelry linky here

M...eldy    pirate
23/09/2010 at 21:04
The 'sewing' part has been finished of my project, it needs beads, lining and sewing together and it will be done  
iron fraggle    pirate
23/09/2010 at 21:06
dang me I've just read the instructions on that link - it's *way* more complicated than I thought !
23/09/2010 at 21:08

Fraggle

Crack on Meldy

23/09/2010 at 21:11

Wow Fraggle, that sounds a bit hard! I'll stick to my socks I think.

Beebs, they're fab aren't they? I'm thinking of just using the charted bit and a standard sock pattern in black yarn with green contrast.

Meldy, when do we see pics?

M...eldy    pirate
23/09/2010 at 21:13
When its finished

I am away the weekend so dont hold your breath!
23/09/2010 at 21:31

According to the lady in my wool shop who is teaching the Amoeba class, it sounds complicated and it looks complicated but there is only one real bit to learn and once you 'get' that then it's easy.   I suppose it's a bit like sock heels which sound complex when you see it written down but once you've done the first one just seem so logical.

There is a very good youtube demo of it (and several very bad ones).

M...eldy    pirate
02/10/2010 at 17:19

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/88814/gallery/craft2.jpg?width=350&height=263&mode=max

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/88814/gallery/craft3.jpg?width=350&height=263&mode=max

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/88814/gallery/craft1.jpg?width=350&height=263&mode=max

All Finished 

You see I have a very lovely pink filofax and it lives in its orginal box in my handbag to stop it from getting battered .... so I made it a coat 

All lined in some nice stripey fabric and a few beads (and a few more since I took the photo)

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/10/2010 at 08:51

That really is very nice M..eldy, did you follow a pattern or make it up?

BTW Schmunkee, if you are around, I'm still on the case with that project, but I've been so busy, now that winter is bearing down on us, I'll be getting on with it. I've done a sample and it seems to work ok so far.

spelling

Edited: 03/10/2010 at 08:53
03/10/2010 at 08:53

Very pretty, Melds!

03/10/2010 at 09:11

Aye caramba, how'd I miss a thread about knitting till now?!

That's nice Melds

Went to JL at Bluewater yesterday to get some buttons for the jacket I'm knitting at the mo.  Found some but the haberdashery department there isn't a patch on what it was.   Still at least they still have a haberdashery department.  Bloody hard work finding one these days!

Hopefully I shall get the jacket finished today/tomoz..  Looks like it's good timing with the weather on the turn

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.