a thread for knitters

See pirates, it IS a knitting club!

1 to 20 of 504 messages
11/03/2010 at 13:25

Come on and share what you're working on, ask for tips or advice. Hot chocolate, tea and biscuits available.

I'm making my first pair of socks, and a cardigan for myself, plus a scarf for a forumite.

11/03/2010 at 13:33

I'm doing a shawlette for me but its got wool in so it might itch me and then I'll need to give it away.

I'll start another Yarn Harlot scarf in purple  soon

11/03/2010 at 13:35
Wonder how long it will be before we annoy someone?
11/03/2010 at 13:44

Probably already have

I'm doing a feather and fan baby blanket too but have got in a pickle and need help, its full of yarn overs and knit two togethers so not easy to rip back 

11/03/2010 at 13:49

I am frequently told that I am annoying so it's nothing new to me!

I'm doing a sleeveless cowl neck jumper in a sort of purple marl wool.  Nearly done!

The next project is a raspberry coloured jumper with a cable pattern neck.  I should have gone and bought the wool for that today but I didn't have time.

kittenkat    pirate
11/03/2010 at 14:07
I can knit in one direction.
11/03/2010 at 14:09
I used to knit, but haven't tried it since I was about 12
11/03/2010 at 14:09
I am a knit
11/03/2010 at 14:10

moomoo  do you still do needlepoint?

Small

KK my daughter knits but then forgets how to "turn the corner" as she puts it

11/03/2010 at 14:16

I tried making some cushion tops once in neeldepoint, but they ended up wonky.

Beebs, would a life line help with ripping back your blanket? I've seen people mention them on Rav, but haven't used them...I'm guessing it's a spare thread you use like a stitch marker along a row to indicate the beginning of a pattern.

Just downloaded the scarf pattern, only 28 rows for my sock so I'll start the scarf tonight.

11/03/2010 at 14:18

I think that is what I will do, Kwilter but having ripped back I have 158 stitches not a 150 and I'm not very good at reading my knitting yet. I'll take it to S&B on Tuesday and get help from a clever knitter.

kittenkat    pirate
11/03/2010 at 14:19
Beebs, my daughter goes to sewing club after school on a Wednesday, she loves it.
11/03/2010 at 14:40

I can knit but I can't cast on.  It really annoys me.  I reallly must learn.

I wanted all my nan's knitting stuff when she passed away but something happened (possibly someone chucked it all out or gave it away before she died) and there were only a few bits and pieces left.  Breaks my heart.  Should have said sooner.  I did get her sewing box though.

11/03/2010 at 14:44
Instructions on YouTube, Mouse.  Don't ask me how I know
11/03/2010 at 14:47

I used to knit, but it's so hard to find knitting wool/yarn these days - unless you're willing to fork out for Rowan stuff.

Where do you all get your patterns/yarns from?

I still have all my needles

11/03/2010 at 14:47

Mouse that is sad, about your nan's stuf. 

Mr W is right there are some great tutorials on You Tube and if you have a local yarn shop they will help you usually.

KK, I remeber helping a year 2 class sew Mother's day bookmarks, dog it was hard work with some of them 

11/03/2010 at 14:49
Wilkie i have a good local yarn store and there are loads of online places. Ravelry is a great place for patterns, many of which are free. Kwilter, TP and I are all on there.
11/03/2010 at 14:54

I feel a bit of knit and purl coming on......

I'll have a look at that site, thanks Beebs.

11/03/2010 at 14:56

Local markets are a good source of cheaper yarn if you don't want to fork out for the named stuff Wilkie.  My local wool shop also has a stock of non-branded dk in a range of colours but they do tend to push the branded stuff first as that's where the mark up is I suppose.

A lot of my knitting stuff is 'inherited' from my mum and granny, shame about all your granny's stuff Mouse as it's so expensive to start from scratch.

Can somebody remind me what my username of Rav is?  It's similar to this one but not the same as that was already taken.

11/03/2010 at 15:00

Bloody cheek! 

Someone has stolen my identity and used my name on Ravelry!

Huff!  I've had to use a different name - now I'll be like TP and forget what it is

Tickled Pink wrote (see)

My local wool shop ....

What's one of them??  Even the department stores where I live stopped selling wool years ago.

1 to 20 of 504 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.