Accidents - What have you broken and how?

Most serious? Most funny?

41 to 60 of 153 messages
Dark Vader    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:52

oh..  I fell out of a moving car when I was 6..!

I just remembered this one..  my parents were newly divorced and still screaming at each other.  It was my fathers turn to have us for the weekend.  This was about 1971.. the days before seat belts.  He picked us up and I was sitting in the front seat.  As we went round a sharp corner, rather too fast, the door came open and out I went..!

The whole left side of my body was cut up and bruised..  my face, shoulder, arm etc... right down my leg.. 

My mother went absolutely ballistic at him..   

17/11/2007 at 18:54
I'm always breaking my nails...think I need more calcium or something...

Mr K worked with a submariner who was checking the periscope from the bottom, but no-one realised he was there...someone decided to lower it.

I'll leave you to imagine what happened next.

LOL B!!
Dark Vader    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:55

Lee..   errm,..  why..??     Actually.. don't answer that...

17/11/2007 at 18:56
getting the nail out later was interesting in a sado masochistic way.
17/11/2007 at 18:56

I broke my brothers ankle when I was 12 - I was driving across a field and he decided to jump on the bonnet but missed and got his foot caught under the wheel.

17/11/2007 at 18:57
When I was a kid I was in the bath with my sister (me down the tap end of course) we had one of those shower attachments things on the taps and she pulled it off and the hot water went onto my leg and scalded it - yuck, big patch with layers of skin gone....rushed to A&E and bandaged up and jabbed etc. Worst was that back then (in the olden days) you didn't have dressings that didn't stick to burns, so each time I went back to the hospital to have it re-dressed the nurse had to rip the dressing off - it hurt more than the original injury
Dark Vader    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:57

Being hit in the balls by a tennis ball....    that is pain...!!

17/11/2007 at 18:58
Seemed like a good idea at the time, then again so do the vast majority of stupid things.
Dark Vader    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:58

lets hope the H&S numpties aren't reading all this....

17/11/2007 at 19:00
I learnt to drive at 9 and nearly castrated my Dad when I was 10 - he was sat on the car trailer atride the lights and I misjudged parking next to it
Easy11    pirate
I've just found myself crossing my legs involuntarily
I was wearing shorts and flip flops once when I opened an incinerator door (I thought it was off) the jet of flame that came out was better than a wax. I was the envy of the WRACs on camp, sexiest legs 1989 winner!
17/11/2007 at 19:02

Jeezazz B, awful, awful, got shivers just reading that one!

UltraCas, guess it didn't help wheel-spinning off it LOL

PS. UltraCas - You win the coolest AVATAR in my book, everytime I look at it I grin!!

17/11/2007 at 19:09
So many times in my former life, like the time i had my leg pulled about left handed grenades. I got confused and threw the pin away, imagine the panic when after counting to 5 I realised I was still holding the grenade!
17/11/2007 at 19:11
 Lee!!!
17/11/2007 at 19:17
In GW1 we had some mine ploughs fitted to the tanks and each one had a pneumatic crossbow attached to the rear. This fired huge steel bolts with luminous tips on them into the ground to mark the clear path through the minefield. One day in the workshop I was bored and drew a target on the wall and decided to fire the crossbow for a laugh. It went through the wall, across the tank park, through the cookhouse kitchen and thudded into the ammo compound wall next to a very stunned RSM. I scored a bullseye though.
Dark Vader    pirate
17/11/2007 at 19:28

Kwality Lee..!! 

17/11/2007 at 19:34
kk will confirm this one...pissed after a girls night out fell over running back to my house..broke my metatarsal in my right foot...in plaster two weeks later at a ball with Mr & Mrs KK...evening dress on and one high heel...fell over (pissed again) and broke my my metatarsal in the left foot .....doctors at a&e were in hysterics !! .. i cried !!!
41 to 60 of 153 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.