Accidents - What have you broken and how?

Most serious? Most funny?

41 to 60 of 204 messages
17/11/2007 at 18:35

KK, the sewing through it wasn't the problem, it was the automatic ripping thumb out of machine workings once needle had gone through it .

Luckily it was a baby dress for Girl K and was in Christmassy red and green...you could only see the blood if you looked really closely

17/11/2007 at 18:36
Very impressive Easy11!
Easy11    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:37

Thankyou,

A passing old boy walking his dog said it looked good too. 

17/11/2007 at 18:39
I was taking the p*ss out of my sister one day, laughing my head off, forgetting I was at the top of the stairs. She pushed me down the stairs and I lost both my front teeth, cow!
Dark Vader    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:39

I went to do a survey at a house and the gardener came running up to me holding his hand screaming that I took him to the hospital...  he had amputated his finger on the lawnmower.  The classic danger of the blade getting stuck and he tried to free it.  He still had the finger I drove him to the hospital. 

My main worry was whether he would drip blood on my seats and carpet...!

17/11/2007 at 18:41

Then.......broke my right ankle in a drunken disorderley uni party. Friend on my back into a fish pond. In plaster of paris for 6 weeks. Foot comes out of plaster, then no lying, 3 days later break the same ankle, under the influence, in the SAME pond. This time I was thrown in and landed awkwardly.

Oh, kk, no head injuries. At least I wasn't told about any. Although must have. I am here NOW! On a Saturday night!

kittenkat    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:42

Kwilter - EEW

Easy - Jeez - you were lucky to escape so lightly

DV - OMG (why did I start this thread, I'm so crap with gore...)

kittenkat    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:44

Lawrence - you've so reminded me of a friend (Jola - step forward)

Lee - I would hate to lose teeth, got a big thing about it.

Dark Vader    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:44

I've been knocked out twice in very similar circumstances.  Once, when I was a kid we were chasing each other and I ran across a garden and the washing line caught under my chin, flipped me up and I must have lost consciousness on impact.  A similar thing happened years later playing rugby.  Some monster did a high tackle round my neck and I was out for about 30 mins...

17/11/2007 at 18:46
Yes KK, I wasn't too chuffed either, that's why the b*tch lives in NZ now!
17/11/2007 at 18:46

Can I claim for an injury I thought I'd done? I was cutting some fabric pieces for a quilt with a self heal board and a rotary cutter, basically a razor-sharp circular blade. I only had one piece left to do and didn't move my hand out of the way, being lazy. Sadly my little finger was just over the edge of the ruler. Naturally I sliced straight into my finger.

Cue much blood (I mean lots and lots) screaming from me, and a conviction I'd just amputated my little finger. I ran to the bathroom turned the tap on and psyched myself to look. It was still attatched but I'd gone through the very tip and halfway through the nail. I've still got a strange bump there and no feeling in it.

Dark Vader    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:47

There is someone on here who used to do cage fighting.. I can't remember who that is...  he had some good stories to tell about injury and being strangled..!

17/11/2007 at 18:48

Lee-sterine , LOL, can just picture it! Having a good laugh and then....tumble,tumble,tumble......LOL

KK, that was in my mental youthful days though.

Burnt my foot one New Year's Day when a hot chip straight out of the oven went down the side of my (sockless) trainer.
Dark Vader    pirate

Good thread this, kk..  well done!

I've nailed my foreskin to a bar stool, I was plastered at the time and it didn't hurt. Ending up dragging that bloody bar stool around all night.
kittenkat    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:49

Quilting is an extreme sport Kwilter, i bet you've had more injuries through it than running.

(my family is wondering why I'm laughing so much!!)

17/11/2007 at 18:50
Fell out of a tree & knocked myself out, have vivid memories of 'the lights going out'!
kittenkat    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:50

Burnt my foot one New Year's Day when a hot chip straight out of the oven went down the side of my (sockless) trainer.

Kwilter - stop it, I'm crying with laughter now.

kittenkat    pirate
17/11/2007 at 18:51
mitten - you need bubblewrap, seriously!!
41 to 60 of 204 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.