Accidents - What have you broken and how?

Most serious? Most funny?

61 to 80 of 153 messages
17/11/2007 at 19:36
Mountain biked into a TREE last month at speed ended up on morphine in A&E the rest of the Kent Police mountain bike team oh they laughed!
17/11/2007 at 19:37
Mountain biked into a TREE last month at speed ended up on morphine in A&E the rest of the Kent Police mountain bike team oh they laughed!
17/11/2007 at 19:43
LMAO Jola, similar, as kk mentioned already!
17/11/2007 at 19:47
Never broken anything and hopefully never will 
17/11/2007 at 19:48
Better touch wood quickly Kaz!
Do2    pirate
17/11/2007 at 19:50

OK,

In chronological order...

1. lost front teeth playing cricket age 7
  2. broke right ankle playing football age 10
  3. broke right ankle again playing rugby/larking about in the snow age 13
  4. broke finger falling from bike age 15
  5. knocked unconscious (if that counts as a break of the skull?) cycling age 19
  6. ditto age 20 ditto age 20 but this time in a fight (its a wonder I ever made it through uni!)
  7. ditto age 25 (p!$$ed)
  8. broken collar bone playing rugby age 30 (those that know me well enough will ouch for the consequences of being put in an unsupportive sling for the first week after the injury!)
  9. Oh, and broken countless girls' hearts - obviously

17/11/2007 at 19:52

Given how clumsy I am Lee it's a miracle!

Got lots of scars from assorted falls and such like.  Class one on my calf where I decided that it was a good idea to shave my legs after rather a few too many cube libres!!

Do2    pirate
17/11/2007 at 19:52
Sorry - 6 above contains two separate incidents whilst I was 20 resulting in being knocked unconscious.
17/11/2007 at 20:05

worst I've done is dislocated shoulder.....

several times, first time I saw the head of the humerous (sp?) where my pecs should be, that was at 15! 

Several years later and about 4 further dislocations I had it fixed by an orthopod, which has left an impressive scar on the front of my shoulder

17/11/2007 at 20:08
Ouch JD, that sounds icky! Cool scar though, plenty of mileage in innocently gained scars!
17/11/2007 at 20:12
Ok Dadof2 - bet you haven't forgot to turn the bath off and flooded two floors of a thistle hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do2    pirate
17/11/2007 at 20:16

Two freakin floors????????

I hope they didn't bill you for the "drying out" charge

Have managed to let a leaking washing machine go un noticed in my kitchen for approx 6 months though - didn't twig it until I noticed a wet patch in the lounge carpet - two rooms away!!

17/11/2007 at 20:24
got off with it...and they even sent me a bottle of wine and put me in a new room !!  LOL- the next day one of the guy's whoose room I flooded helped me manoeuvre my car out of the carpark ...as he waved me off he told me how he'd had his room flooded and would never stay at that hotel again !!!!!!!!!!!!!
17/11/2007 at 20:38
LOL - I can't stop laughing about the squirrel falling out the tree.
17/11/2007 at 20:56

One of my breaks made it into an issue of RW and the local papper a few years back.

About 5 am one May morning I was pelting down a towpath between a river and canal on my bike, going way too fast but there was no other bugger about. A goose flew out of some reeds on the river side of the path and aimed himself straight at my head. I tried to duck (no pun intended) but it me full on in the face. I swerved and came off my bike,  smacked my head on a mooring stake and fell head first into the canal. Well I would have if my legs hadn't been hanging over the mooring chain. My head was under water, legs waving madly in the air. Fortunatley my legs followed the rest of me into the canal. I managed to get out and stagger to the nearest road, flag down a car who called my Mrs (my phone wouldn't work, it was wet). She wouldn't come and get me as it would mean waking all of the kids up so the car driver took me to hospital. 

Concusion and brocken wrist, fortunatley I had my helmet on or it might well have been curtains.

I can only presume that the goose had it's nest in the reeds.

17/11/2007 at 21:00

Oh, and I broke my clavicle diving into a recently filled dew pond after a heavy summer shower on the Green outside a hotel I was working in.

Oh, how they mocked me

17/11/2007 at 21:11

Superior pubic ramus and inferior pubic ramus both on left hand side.  They're part of the pelvis.  No it wasn't excessive bonking.  Motorcycle accident.

The pain from the fractures was bad enough but when they started to heal up I got sciatica trawled straight from hell.  It was so-o-o-o painful

17/11/2007 at 21:16
Feckin ouch! I had a mate who did that too and it was a bike accident. he said it was more painful than sticking your crown jewels in a vat of boiling oil!
17/11/2007 at 21:18
How would he know Lee?
17/11/2007 at 21:22
I think he was trying to imagine a pain that was worse and that was what he came up with, I never asked him if he actually had dangled the jewels in boiling oil!
61 to 80 of 153 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.