Alex Rider

any other fans out there?

7 messages
10/02/2006 at 08:40
Alex Rider - the teenage James Bond. If you haven't heard of it, you will soon as the first novel is shortly out on film.

If you've got 8 - 12 year old boys, I would warmly recommend it, especially if you can't stand Harry Potter but still want your kids to get excited about books. I came across Stormbreaker by mistake late last year, and now every evening at bed time is another chapter - we're just starting the 5th one, Scorpia.

Formula is basically James Bond, except with a likeably dismissive attitude to girls. Well-written, breathlessly exciting, fairly intriguing characters. Second one is a bit slow, but still good.

My only real complaint is that I wish he could come up with slightly more credible motivations for his baddies' desire to blow up/poison/whatever the world, but this is a fairly minor point.
cougie    pirate
10/02/2006 at 10:05
Not read any. But there is a teenage James Bond out now isn't there ? Written by the bloke off the Fast Show - Charlie Higson ?
10/02/2006 at 11:10
I've seen all her videos. I liked the ping pong one the best.
10/02/2006 at 11:11
.....er, James Bond Jnr!?!

Oh yes. Very good books. Disregard video comment.
cougie    pirate
10/02/2006 at 11:13
Tee hee hee !
11/02/2006 at 11:07
My 10 and 13 year old sons read all of these cover to cover very quickly and loved them (but they are also HP fans)
11/02/2006 at 11:11
Muttley Jnr devoured them all one after the other, cover to cover.

Recommended - especially Arkangel, with the Russian baddies, which he read while staying with his mother's family ... who are Russian. And in Russia.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.