All that training paid off !!

Or what I did at the weekend

6 messages
05/08/2002 at 18:40
Well I set a new PB this weekend , 57 minutes for 4 miles !!

what do you mean thats not really fast !!

I was carrying 35 KGs a rifle and my helmet , ah the joys of Catterick training area !!

Seriously thought the main reason for starting to run was to keep up with the rest of the pack......and I crossed the line first !!
05/08/2002 at 19:20
Well done mate.
05/08/2002 at 21:00
Did they let you wear your trainers or did you have to use your boots? Either way, well done.

I managed to do 1.2 miles several times over the last 2 weeks in about 25 minutes, carrying a 5 year old boy on my shoulders, a rucksack and an inflatable crocodile, so your effort is exceptionally fast!
05/08/2002 at 21:06
- drew , with boots

also now with nasty blisters due to wet boots, ( it was a bit grim oop north this weekend ) so I wont be running for a couple of days ...

- barkles - thanx
06/08/2002 at 09:35
Top one Merc.

Drew - Understand the 'child on shoulders' run, experienced a few of those in the past, not tried it with an inflatable though...
07/08/2002 at 13:24
Drew
I stopped running with my daughter on my shoulders after running alongside a carnival procession and sending her straight into the wooden end of a shop awning which I just didn't see.

Fortunately no lasting damage but I felt really bad about for ages (wrting this reminds me I still do & she's 9 now!)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.