Am I odd?

5 messages
19/09/2002 at 21:11
I did a speed session yesterday and died on my a*/se.

I began to ponder the futility of it all and went into a right old sulk.

This morning I arose from my pit with a grade 'A' head cold(runny conk,sore throat,eyes welded shut the works).

Now I am really pleased as the reason I was so cr*p was more than likely due to a virus.

Does this make me strange?
19/09/2002 at 21:57
No
It makes you sneeze.

Seriously, if I am feeling a bit below par, its reflected in performance. Don't panic, far better than feeling great and running crap.
19/09/2002 at 22:45
Barkles

What I mean is I feel happy that ive got the cold coz it gives me an excuse for my bad session.

Thats either dedication or stupidity,cant make my mind up.
20/09/2002 at 00:17
Hi DannyM, I believe that the most important session of the week is the speed session, however crap it felt it did you some good, I have only run for 50 miles in the last 7 weeks, but on Monday set a new PB for 5km by 33 secs, down to 18:28, it works for me, it may just work for you too.

Best wishes
20/09/2002 at 03:56
DannyM -- a sign of the body fighting a virus/infection is increased metabolism and as V-rap wisely reminded me a few weeks ago, your body can either run or repair, not both. You have an excuse for your crap performance - but you also have one to do better once the cold has passed ;)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.