And my mileage so far this week is...

Drumroll Please...

1 to 20 of 32 messages
14/08/2002 at 13:20
2 MILES?! Yup thats right kids, I can't run at the moment without wanting to collapse and die! Just goes to show how important eating properly is!

Spent last night gorging on pasta, had a huge chunk of bread and honey for brekkie and have just had a ton of cous cous.... Let the experiment begin!

14/08/2002 at 13:34
What happened, Jon? Have you been having a sneaky go at the Atkins diet?

Cheers, V-rap.
14/08/2002 at 13:55
No, just been drinking a little too much and not eating enough! I'm a changed man now though... No more booze until... Urm... I decide I want a great big hangover again!
14/08/2002 at 16:14
Well 2 miles beats my weekly tote of zero at the moment, I want to run but my feet wont let me :(
14/08/2002 at 16:26
After all that food, you'd better do a good few miles tonight! Get out there. We'll be waiting for the report in the morning.

Or maybe you are coming down with something - be careful.
14/08/2002 at 16:32
Confession time - I've run zero this week too. Climbed a mountain on Monday, but that's cross-training rather than running. Better set things right tonight!

Cheers, V-rap.
14/08/2002 at 17:15
I'm still waiting for a blister to heal properly , maybe this would be a good time to start drinking and eating pizza ??
14/08/2002 at 21:32
Managed a three mile trot on Monday. Very slow and not pretty. My God it hurt on Wednesday.
Come on young fella, if us old 'uns can do it!
15/08/2002 at 00:48
Well, I started off well this week! I ran 2.5K on Monday and Tuesday and I ran 1.5K tonight in the gym but then I developed that "shattered body won't let me run" feeling - so I gave up. I'm having a day off from gym/exercise tomorrow (except doggie walks because they're for the dog not me). PLUS, I've eaten CHOCOLATE - something I NEVER do *sigh* But, that's PMT for you :)
15/08/2002 at 06:58
Cath

Do you have an inflatable head?
15/08/2002 at 08:15
I'm glad to hear it's not just me. Haven't run since Sunday evening. Was going to to a 6 miler this morning but decided not to, because I really didn't feel like it. I am in the doldrums. I think it's terror as my first Half looms next month.

MartinH, I'm glad you asked that - I've been wondering myself. But an inflatable head is probably better than a wooden one ?
15/08/2002 at 09:25
Well... Went out last night with all the good intentions of an 8 miler.... Five miles later I was accidentally back on my doorstep! Ah well, 5 is better than 2! Perhpas I'll do 8 tonight?
BK
15/08/2002 at 09:30
I went out to do five...but ended up drinking six pints of Stella instead. Great preperation for a half don't you think
15/08/2002 at 09:34
I haven't run since Saturday, I'm just getting over a cough and cold I aquired this week and it's a little over three weeks to the Great South Run and I'm so behind schedule! I'm still a bit wheezy and it will probably be Saturday before I manage a run. (I'm sure I've put on a couple of lbs on this week. Well they do say feed a cold, starve a fever!)
15/08/2002 at 11:30
Firstly Cath, thanks for the laugh, I nearly choked on my Ribena Lolly (they're lovely - I buy them for the kids!) when I saw your inflatable head pic, couldn't stop laughing. Did you do that on purpose or did it happen by accident when you resized it to 120x100 pixels?

Anyway, I haven't done too bad this week, did a three mile interval session earlier in the week and the day before yesterday did a 7 mile cross country run, felt absolutely crap though!
15/08/2002 at 11:37
In the interest of being virtuose (?) I have now officially given up drinking! last week I seemed to be bathing in booze almost every night! Now I'm on the orange juice and water thing... Lets see how long it lasts!
BK
15/08/2002 at 11:46
I won't hold my breath Jon, its not an easy thing to do. I gave up for 3 months once.

Cath do you want that picture resized. If so mail me
15/08/2002 at 11:54
Don't offer to do that! It'll fail to be entertaining then!

Alcohol is evil... Follow my path to enlightenment!
15/08/2002 at 14:38
Zilcho miles for me too, I broke a toe whilst away on holiday and have been told to expect up to 6 weeks away from running. I am climbing the walls and chewing everyone's head off...apart from my daughter today who got a 'B' and 2 'C's A Level results, what a star she is..now about this running - how do others cope?
15/08/2002 at 14:42
I sympathise. But I have no reason as to why its been so bad other than I drank too much and I've been eating junk!

congrats to your daughter though!
1 to 20 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.