"Anxiety attack"

A lame excuse

21 to 24 of 24 messages
11/09/2012 at 21:20
Spiders do that to some pop,e
11/09/2012 at 21:41

My work allows people to take carers leave to look after friends if that person doesn't have anyone else who can do it. Given that not everyone has family or a partner it makes sense.

I had to pull out of a work thing recently because of an anxiety attack. Only time it's happened and I hope it's the last. I was absolutely mortified to have to do it, but my bosses were very understanding. I would have been about as much use as someone with projectile vomiting or a migraine.

11/09/2012 at 22:10
bos1 wrote (see)
Muttley wrote (see)

Well yes, but not turning up for work because your mate has had one? Seems a bit weak to me.

The english language does not do it itself favours with terms like 'anxiety attack'. People who do not not know what it is really about should not pretend that they know what it is about and make jokes about Liverpool fc.

If your mate lost his vision and was incapacitated, it would not be unreasonable for a mate to help out. Perhaps you should start by asking how badly someone can be affected rather than starting off with your personal  definition of anxiety, and then extrapolationg from there

Perhaps we should shoot people who claim them have an anxiety disorder. That strategy worked out really well in the first world war, did it not?

Heh, feel free to respond to what I actually said rather than what you wish I said

11/09/2012 at 22:31
The OP never said if the chap who didn't come into work took annual leave, compassionate leave, TOIL or what.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.