Anyone run there own small business

its just so difficult

21 to 24 of 24 messages
28/11/2006 at 18:32
Hi CC,
It would appear from your website that your main market is going to come from VW lovers. In terms of advertising, these are the target audience you need to access - there must be a stack of VW club websites/forums/magazines - have you tried targeting those with advertising?
Also, through the summer, there are a stack of VW get togethers - might be worth a day trip to leaflet drop the car parks?

You really don't need to throw huge amounts of money at broad spectrum advertising, just work out who you want to attract and how to get to them.

Your pictures are truly fab - I hope you get better success with it soon.
28/11/2006 at 18:32
One tip - if you were looking to purchase your service from someone else, where would you look?

If I was looking for a plumber, I'd ask around first (word of mouth) then go to the yellow pages.

If I was looking for a personal trainer, I'd look on the notice board in the gym or sports centre, or phone the local football club.

29/11/2006 at 07:34
A truly big thank you to all of you, can't believe the helpful advice, I have addressed the few typo's and some of the links (thanks for that) and on a mission to try some of the the other stuff you suggest...
Thanks again
Dark Vader    pirate
29/11/2006 at 08:04
CC.. it is Christmas coming up.. could be a big opportunity fo you.. aren't there club meetings for VW camper van owners and other such things...??

If so.. get yourself there and make a presence for yourself....

Check out VW clubs around the UK and Europe and try to do some self-marketing..

Maybe there are are discussion boards, such as this, you can drop into and slip into the conversation what you do...??

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.