Apple airport Express

Does anyone use one?

6 messages
23/06/2013 at 12:53

I want to use a tablet & iPad on holiday but there is only wired Ethernet connection in the rooms.  Airport Exptravel looks like it would let me plug it in with a cable then use the iPad wirelessly.

does anyone else use it?

23/06/2013 at 21:02

Doable I guess but do you have a laptop that can create it's own network if so just plug that laptop in an use that as your own wireless hub. 

23/06/2013 at 21:07

No I don't have a laptop. It is advertised as an Ethernet to Wi fi adaptor but I'm just a bit wary as it isn't cheap.

23/06/2013 at 21:11

It's how do you get on it if it needs configuration.

i guess if you can test it at home beforehand to setup the wirelesbe network then I guess it's worth a shot. I don't think there is much else you could use instead.

24/06/2013 at 14:10

there are alternatives to the Express from the likes of Netgear, Linksys etc - depending on specs you're still talking about £40-70

GOM.    pirate
25/06/2013 at 10:45

As FB says there are alternatives. no need to buy the Apple one.

I use one for when I travel (it was given to me as a gift) and it works really well.

Most of them are plug and go, but you will need to configure it to make it a secured network, but full instructions on how to do this should be provided with whatever one you decide to buy.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.