Are these people really the "worst people ever"?

Kid cries for not getting what he wants - so what?

13 messages
28/04/2012 at 09:15

I don't have kids so I'm no expert in this area but I saw this on yahoo and wondered what the big deal is? A kid, seemingly unrelated and not with the couple cries because he wants the ball they caught. Is it really so bad  that they didn't immediately give it to him?

Linky thing

28/04/2012 at 11:48

I've just seen that story, SD.

What a load of tosh. 

Its a nothing story made into a huge fuss. 

28/04/2012 at 14:23

Kids grow up thinking the world revolves around them because, when they are very small, it does.

As they get older they discover it doesn't -  as someone on the Yahoo comments said, this was a chance of a valuable life lesson missed.

Edited: 28/04/2012 at 14:24
28/04/2012 at 14:52
Interesting to read all the comments underneath the video.  Grasping for news stories methinks.
28/04/2012 at 15:09

I feel so sorry for the couple involved. The kid's parents should be speaking out in support and that commentator should sacked.

28/04/2012 at 16:22
Agree Soupy and with everyone on this thread too.
28/04/2012 at 17:49
If they had given him the ball then I'd guess 5 minutes later he'd have thrown it on the floor and forgotten about it wanting something else.
28/04/2012 at 20:30
How ridiculous! I despise when parents hand things over to their children just because they scream. My son knows what no means. He always have and I've never had a problem of him screaming for something!
28/04/2012 at 20:43
I doubt it actually makes them worse than Fred and Rose West...
29/04/2012 at 11:17
glad I do not have kids
29/04/2012 at 16:23

Aren't there any more serious issues going on in the US?? They must be short of news!

Kids have to learn that they can't always have what they want.  It's a shame his parents aren't teaching the boy that.

29/04/2012 at 16:44
The parents did teach him that and didn't want him to have the ball. The ball wasn't thrown to him it was thrown into the crowd. Two people in the crowd caught it. The kid cried because he didn't get it. The tv cameras caught a distorted view of the truth.

Another example of why you shouldn't believe anything you see on tv or read in the papers. You should even question things you see with your own eyes as if something looks wrong then you're usually missing something.
02/05/2012 at 07:45

Glad to see the news is put into perspective with all the real horrors of things happening in the world.  I do not think you can lump these folks together with lets say murders for instance.

The kid was unhappy but he will find that life life is not going to pander to ever want.  

So i am sure the wedding will be a time of celebration.......... or will this incident be brought up and ruin the day.  Lets hope not.   

I too am glad not to have kids!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.