Are you a Leg or Arse man?

Changes to what is acceptable in society

1 to 20 of 30 messages
16/07/2011 at 12:26
I like wearing shorts. Not just when running, but in general. Over the past 30 years (since 1982 in fact) short leg length has been steadily increasing. Standard length of shorts for men is now over the knee and are more like plus-fours or pedal pushers. They are more trouser than short.

I have several pairs of just less than knee length shorts from several years ago, and tend to turn them up and role them up further when sitting in the sun.

Yesterday I received quite a few comments regarding me revealing my 'inner thigh' and I have been aware for a while that people seem to stare when I wear my 'shorts'. I need to add that I am not a man in hot pants. My shorts cover at least 1/3 to 1/2 of my thigh, yet seem to appear indecent to others.

However I have noticed men and women revealing their arse crack all over the place. This bottom revealing style of trouser is no longer the preserve of builders. Revealing your dark, private rear valley in public seems now to be perfectly acceptable.

Has anyone else noticed this change in societal views of acceptability?
16/07/2011 at 16:25
How disgraceful.  A gentleman should be dressed in jacket, shirt, tie, trousers, boots and a hat at all times apart from when in one's night attire when bed socks, nightshirt and hat are acceptable.  On the cricket field one may remove one's jumper when the mercury approaches 100 but not before and certainly only if the ladies retire to the clubhouse first.
seren nos    pirate
16/07/2011 at 16:34
photps please so we can judge if it is indecent
16/07/2011 at 16:42

Obviously as time moves on gravity is increasing and pulling it all down... eveidenced by lower cut tops on both male and female varieties also

The future...

16/07/2011 at 20:30

Keir, just get your cock out, that'll shut them up.

I''m still working on my cyclist's tan so that I can wear shorter shorts in the gym and show off my ridiculous tan lines.  The arm lines are reasonably well defined but the legs are a bit vague. 

16/07/2011 at 20:39
Fake tan and masking tap PP. That'll sort it.
Gyraffe    pirate
16/07/2011 at 21:07
I agree. I know I'm a boring and out of touch old woman, but I HATE seeing young girls' bum cracks. It's just wrong!

In fact - although the young lads look pretty stupid with their undies on view - that doesn't offend me in the same way (at least their designer pants cover the offending area)......

/rant

Gyraffe    pirate
16/07/2011 at 21:08
Keir - surely a well toned inner thigh could never offend anyone of taste.
16/07/2011 at 21:35
Hi
Id go for a good strong pair of brown legs any time - the shorter the shorts the better!! lol. Builders bums no thankyou !!And if they are hairy - please cover up!!

16/07/2011 at 21:58
Gyraffe wrote (see)
I agree. I know I'm a boring and out of touch old woman, but I HATE seeing young girls' bum cracks. It's just wrong! In fact - although the young lads look pretty stupid with their undies on view - that doesn't offend me in the same way (at least their designer pants cover the offending area)...... /rant

it used to be just slightly showing their undies, now they seem to literally show the whole pair of pants, with the trousers somehow staying supported just under.

the ones who try and cycle in this style just look plain stupid.

16/07/2011 at 22:39
I wonder if the boys would still do it if they knew it started as a prison thing to show you were available.
16/07/2011 at 22:42
You've definitely picked up on something there Keir - well spotted.
16/07/2011 at 23:15

Saw a bloke wearing a pair of jeans, I swear to God, the crotch came down to his knees.

What is the point? It must be blinking uncomfortable, and fancy having to run for a bus dressed like that?!

16/07/2011 at 23:47
Lol Danny Boy. I always think "How are they going to run for a bus?"
17/07/2011 at 00:43

Maybe they're hoping the bus-driver will be an ex-con looking for an available young lad?

Just get clothes that fit, ya damn fool! Jaysus.

18/07/2011 at 13:22
Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)
Lol Danny Boy. I always think "How are they going to run for a bus?"

Like a penguin?
18/07/2011 at 13:48

You think you guys have problems, what about this boy having to wear a skirt in protest at a shorts ban?

I always have this strong urge to pull down the trousers of blokes who do the pants-above-trousers thing, to try and make them look even more ridiculous.  I haven't acted upon it yet...

18/07/2011 at 13:50
Parklife - That's more waddle than run. When you watch them run there trousers fall down... It is funny!

Also, I have mates who wear there jeans like that, so I run past them and give their jeans a yank.. they can't chase after me either

Shorts to the knee for casual - Shorts that pretty much flash your bollox with every step for running!
18/07/2011 at 13:59

I thought the thing with wearing your trousers half-way down your arse was to show solidarity with your bros who were inside - whose trousers hang low because they've had their belts take away.

Either way, it does look daft.

I've noticed the trend for shorts to get longer - men's tennis shorts, football shorts, etc.

It's just fashion, I expect it will change in a year or two.

18/07/2011 at 14:08
seren nos wrote (see)
photps please so we can judge if it is indecent

Not a photo as such, but the look is something pretty close to this (without the tash)

http://bambootyclothingonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tom-selleck-magnum-pi-c10102247.jpg

1 to 20 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.