Are you an expert in family law, and if so, can you help?

Please PM me if so...

21 to 31 of 31 messages
29/04/2010 at 13:38

<gets on end of hug queue>

What a horrid situation, I hope you can get some expert help soon.

29/04/2010 at 13:46

Looking from an evidence point of view.  If you can, speak to neighbour and if they are willing get them to document any stuff they witness.

Words used, times, dates etc will all help to build a picture if any court orders are applied for.  The more you have, the stronger the case.

29/04/2010 at 13:55
(((TDS))) sorry no advice to offer, but more huge hugs and thinking of you xx
29/04/2010 at 16:25
Thank you guys, this is all really useful. The neighbour has documented everything and said she will continue to do so - and thanks for the advice on POA. And the hugs
29/04/2010 at 16:33

Could you get the FIL to come and stay with you for a while, to keep the girlfriend away from him?

29/04/2010 at 21:43

Poor sossidge  

My first thoughts were what Happychap said.  The courts need to have the evidence to make any ruling.  Precise dates and timings and exact words they heard this woman saying.  If the neighbours can record it, or if someone can make any kind of recording of any of the incidents then you have got what you need to take it to court to have her removed. 

As the neighbour, I would actually call the police and report a domestic abuse incident is going on next door and that they fear what might be going on.  Make sure you obtain a police incident number.  The police take domestic abuse incidents very seriously these days.  You will still need a solicitor though to progress the evidence.   

All the best x 

LIVERBIRD    pirate
29/04/2010 at 21:47

What a bitch she sounds....

More hugs Sossie.

Agree with Blondiee - I would go for the logging of the incidents.

And I hope she crawls back into the hole she came out of.

02/05/2010 at 13:51
bit of a latecomer I'm afraid but have you looked here
02/05/2010 at 14:10

Thanks everyone.

The neighbour has, and will continue to document what she hears. Mr.S and his sister went to see their dad's consultant yesterday to make him aware of the situation, and it turns out that he saw through the gf the first time he met her. He is going to strongly advise my FIL to move nearer to all of us, and reassure him that it won't cause him as much stress as he thinks...we will be on hand and can more easily drop in to see him a couple fo times a week, help out with the garden etc.

I've been in touch with the Alzheimer's Soc, and am getting some good advice about what to expect, and a bit more clarity on the legal issues.

Mr.S and his sister are also going to counselling sessions together, so they can put some coping strategies in place as he deteriorates (they also have a nightmare mother, which is not helping - but that's another story!!).

But the best thing is that FIL has decided he wants to 'take a break' from his gf, and is not going to see her or contact her for a month. Which is brilliant news.

Thanks to all of you for your help, support and advice - I really do appreciate it xx

02/05/2010 at 14:16
That's great news Sossidge. When someone wants a 'break' it's usually just a short step from a break-up... hopefully the time apart will make him realise that he's actually happier without her. Glad you've got the professional support too xxx
02/05/2010 at 14:28
Thanks MadameO xx

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.