Are you scared of dying?

Well?

1 to 20 of 39 messages
09/03/2012 at 20:10
not at the moment.
09/03/2012 at 20:10
Not at this moment in time
09/03/2012 at 20:11
Yep. However, I feel that I'm on a loser as far as the "never gonna die" resolution is concerned.
09/03/2012 at 20:14

My plan is not to die at all.

I must be doing something right because it's worked so far.

Kryten    pirate
09/03/2012 at 20:31

Yes!

It's irrational but the thought of time continuing to pass while I don't experience anything at all fills me with a feeling of dread.

I have only started feeling that way in the last few years - something about being middle aged and becoming aware of your own mortality I think.

Apart from that I am quite rational I think.

09/03/2012 at 20:43
Nope, Beelzebub is my bitch.
09/03/2012 at 20:43

No!  When I can't run any more, or worse still can't walk/function any more then thank you and goodnight. 

My hubby's 90 year old uncle used to be fit as a fiddle, still misses his wife (who died 15 years ago) like hell, and spends his life staring out of his window. No thanks.

09/03/2012 at 20:44
Not as much as living.
09/03/2012 at 20:59

+1 to what Kryten said, almost exactly to the letter (oh except for the being normally quite rational bit).

Stupidly watched the Brian Cox thing about the universe where he explained how in the future the universe will eventually all just cease to exist then there will be an infinite 'nothing', not even time will exist and it completely did my head in.

Despite the daily s**t that life often throws at me I do kinda like it, and after all if things get too bad I can always dream for a while!

09/03/2012 at 21:01

Having spent a large part of last year thinking I wouldn't see the start of this year, I can say, quite unequivocally, yes.

(and I wouldn't normally post such a transparent and open comment, but I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past 12 months or so....)

09/03/2012 at 21:05
Going at "No Age" is super scary. I lost a mate to cancer who was only 43 & it shook me up really badly. I was 33 at the time and it prompted me to do my 1st ever London Marathon for Macmillan.

Recently a young guy (34) who works for me had a bowel condition; nearly died in hospital, and now has a stoma for at least two years. His whole life has been turned upside down - and yet at the start he just felt a "a bit rough" and 3 weeks later was in ITU !

I'm 42 this year and i dont know how i'd react if i knew my time was up.

Thats scary.
09/03/2012 at 21:10
not though about it yet but i would love to live till i am 100 but if so i think i would me but you would not know about it
09/03/2012 at 21:14
No - because I don't really think about it - if I was diagnosed with a terminal disease then I don't know - the thought of not being around for the kids would piss me off more than scare me - I'd think I'm still needed kind of thing.
09/03/2012 at 21:17
I was caught up in a hotel fire once about 10 years ago.  At the time i wasn't scared of dying but scared of a) suffering beforehand,  and b) scared of watching my son suffer who i was holding in my arms.
   pirate
09/03/2012 at 21:26

Yes because it means leaving my kids with my ex, I'd rather go when they're older and less dependent on me.

09/03/2012 at 23:30
I think I've raised enough for charity to guarantee a place in heaven. Hope so anyway.
10/03/2012 at 00:50
If you have to hope, then time to raise some more 15west.

Certainly not afraid of dying.

Quoting a famous philosopher...

"I want something good to die for, To make it beautiful to live."
10/03/2012 at 04:16
Why worry about something you have no control over. We have enough things in our life that we can actually influence to worry about. When your time is up its up , simple as that. Enjoy everything you do and dont worry about death, it's waisted energy and time on something that will happen regardless.
10/03/2012 at 08:54

Scared of dying? No. the thought of being in pain, or being mentally capable and physically incapable scares me more. And that's not just me. I have instructions from mother that, when the time comes, I'm to "bop her on the head".

But I try not to live life being scared of the future - it will happen, come what may, live in today, leave tomorrow until then.

10/03/2012 at 09:42
I'm a little scared of not making the most of my life, but I'm not scared of dying as such.  I want to do so much and there is so little time, but most of all I want to have a happy life and have a positive effect on those around me.  If I can do that then I see no ned to be scared of dying, although I appreciate that can change depending on circumstances.
1 to 20 of 39 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.