Astrology - do you believe?

21 to 34 of 34 messages
29/05/2012 at 22:28
No, I don't believe, but that's Aries for you - we're all sceptics.
29/05/2012 at 22:30
Shit, that joke's been made 3 times now.
30/05/2012 at 14:05

Its a load of bollix

30/05/2012 at 14:16

I was actually reading some research on month of birth and sporting prowess on Monday

The interesting thing is that sporting ability for certain months of birth continues beyond school. So in adulthood, where there's likely to be a mix of ages and the athletes have fully matured physically, it still seems to be the case that certain months of birth produced more successful athletes.

Not that I'm saying this is down to star sign. I have no idea what causes it. But maybe...

I'll have to find the title of the book

30/05/2012 at 14:29

Seela said it all.

30/05/2012 at 15:00
sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

The interesting thing is that sporting ability for certain months of birth continues beyond school. So in adulthood, where there's likely to be a mix of ages and the athletes have fully matured physically, it still seems to be the case that certain months of birth produced more successful athletes.

That's to be expected though isn't it?  Somebody mentioned earlier that the bigger, stronger kids get picked for the school footie team, maybe get preferential encouragement, better exposure to wider, more serious competition at an early age (inter-schools champs, local/regional junior competitions...) which stands them in good stead for continuing their sporting ambitions later in life.  Their 11-month younger school colleagues will have caught them up physiologically by adulthood but would have had a different experience with sport which will affect their later development.

Just to compound being born in June, I skipped an academic year and ended up being much less, er, developed, than many of my classmates.  I was always the little kid put in goal!  (Ironic really, the goals were massive!)  Maybe I would have been more likely to get involved in team sports as an adult if I'd been in the school team??  Instead of being the sad lonely runner...

30/05/2012 at 16:08

The likelihood of there being anything in astrology is about the same as there being an almighty creator. Zero.

30/05/2012 at 16:15

........... of course not.  

Does anyone, really?

sadly I know the answer to that one - there are quite a few relgious folks in my neck of the woods who go to church ..... and to the local spooky woman..... and read their horoscopes.....

I guess they are just covering all bases (or a bit gullible).

Nam
30/05/2012 at 17:36
kittenkat wrote (see)
sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Do they still sell school satchels? I'd quite like one

Yes, one of the women I work with has one, and a cardi with elbow patches.

Helen Liz wrote (see)

The 12 star signs are based on the rising & falling of certain constellations and were laid down in ancient greece (I think). 

Wasn't it the Babylonians?

30/05/2012 at 17:38

The Babylonians wore cardigans with elbow patches?? 

Is that why history teachers wear them?

Nam
30/05/2012 at 17:40

pmsl... God knows why that made a re-appearance but interesting combo!

09/06/2012 at 00:43

I lost a cardi with elbow patches in a Milton Keynes car park over the winter.  It was obviously written in the stars that I was to lose it that day........

Dark Vader    pirate
09/06/2012 at 09:26

Astrology, religion, communication with the dead..   it's all a load of tosh...

03/12/2012 at 01:18

Try Nora, (American), nice looking middle aged lady with gray hair. 

Her information is spot on & I've signed for her daily horoscopes in my e-mail inbox.

Russel Grant is another.

Yes, I believe.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.