Back to normality ...

..what do you have for lunch

18 messages
20/09/2002 at 11:14
Stuffed monkeys, errant headmasters and black rappers.
WildWill    pirate
20/09/2002 at 11:16
It's friday today and Friday normally meens pizza for lunch

20/09/2002 at 11:19
Yum, peanut butter and tomatoe sarnies!
20/09/2002 at 11:22
Please nurses - don't stuff me and eat me....I'm scared now and am off in search of 2nd breakfast chocolate
20/09/2002 at 11:23
Today :- Ham salad sandwiches (4 slices), an apple, a banana, two tomatoes.
20/09/2002 at 11:59
I always find lunch really problematic. At the moment, in an effort to be more social, I've been going into my college canteen for lunch. However, their veggie selections are very hit and miss. Sometimes it's really nice, sometimes it's horrid mushy courgette nastiness. When I don't eat a lot due to nasty food, this really affects me in the afternoon. But when I stay at home for a lunch that I know I will like, then I don't talk to anyone all day long, which just gets weird.

Because of a long-standing gum injury (which has been operated on, but the affected area still hurts a lot when I use the teeth - and it's a front tooth!), I can't eat things that I can't cut up first. So, unfortunately, sandwiches are impossible.

Sorry for such a long rant. Any suggestions on how I can beat my tooth nemesis?
Ratbag    pirate
20/09/2002 at 12:53
Tim,

Sorry to lower the tone but I can't believe that so far you have gotten away with the line ' I confess to a good muffin first thing when I get in'. I have to admit it's on my mind too but sometimes I'm hungry too!! ;-)

Actually today, I had vegetable soup and a sandwich.

RB
20/09/2002 at 13:23
Got back from a 5 miler 90 mins ago then had a tin of tuna, 2 slices of wholemeal bread a banana a vitamin tablet and a cod liver oil tablet, oh and a bottle of water (tap)......
20/09/2002 at 13:35
Today's canteen offering: past and bean bake. I was lucky, it was edible.
20/09/2002 at 13:48
My memory of the St Hilda's canteen is that all the food satisfactorily fits the definition of "the past". :-)
20/09/2002 at 13:50
I had some grilled chicken left-over from yesterday, with a bean and rice salad. Followed by an apple. I also stole a breadstick off a small child that wasn't looking - please nobody tell her.
20/09/2002 at 13:51
salad with too much onion... I stink!
20/09/2002 at 13:56
I generally eat the same for lunch as I get into a bit of a groove (rut?), for the last two years I have been eating ham and cheese sanwiches - sometimes with picallili sometimes with Branston - plus a bag of something crunchy, a banana, an apple and - if the kids haven't noshed everything - a small bar of chocky.

20/09/2002 at 14:02
lunch today was

mackerel in spicy tomato sauce sandwiches
small pack of mini Cheddars
banana
apple
single Twix bar

20/09/2002 at 14:03
One eats the past with much regret. Fortunately, it was pasta bake that I had.
20/09/2002 at 14:11
Working for the Beeb and dining in the in justly infamous canteen called 'Classics', I remain unsure as to what I actually ate.
20/09/2002 at 14:15
Cottage cheese and green salad sandwich followed by fruit salad

Friday's such a top day to start a diet!
20/09/2002 at 17:36
Still trying to clear out the ancient stuff at the bottom of the freezer, so...

Asda chicken tortillas. Microwaved because we don't have proper cooking facilities at work. Tortillas were soggy all round but chicken and sauce were OK. So hungry I didn't care.

Would have had fruit and a couple of slices of bread, but I'd eaten that by midmorning. Didn't have enough breakfast this morning.

My diet is hugely affected by running. I need twice as much.

Roll on dinnertime. Hope Mr V-rap remembered to take the beef curry out of the oven at 11am like I asked, otherwise it will have turned into goo by now.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
18 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.