backwards, watch the vid :)

10 messages
kittenkat    pirate
06/06/2012 at 17:03
06/06/2012 at 20:31

I'm struggling to marry "it's how you're supposed to run" with running backwards

06/06/2012 at 20:37

That's depressing.....he can run a mile backwards faster than i can run one forwards 

WiB
07/06/2012 at 09:06

Backwards running is a load of bollocks.
"Burns 3 times more calories" - so its far less efficient to run backwards.
"It how we are supposed to run" - despite the fact our eyes are clearly on the front of our head.
"when backwards runnign your arms swing straight like they are supposed to" - he then stops the demonstration of straight arms to start moving his in circles again!

WiB
kittenkat    pirate
07/06/2012 at 09:12

Let's face it , it's never going to be faster than forwards, imagine the 100m backwards final

And put some hurdles in for a challenge

WiB
07/06/2012 at 09:22

Yes, that would be hilarious!

In fact the backwards olympics would be funny through... backwards steeple chase anyone?!

WiB
kittenkat    pirate
07/06/2012 at 09:31

Backwards javelin but introduce backwads catching it too.

07/06/2012 at 09:42
Backwards running isn't bollocks. The guy doesn't demonstrate or explain it well at all.

Other sports inc football, rugby have used backward drills for years. It builds all round muscle balance. I use to even do backward drills over 100m & 200m when a sprinter at school during training. It works muscles used in forward propulsion without the impact. It has been proven to make you faster going forwards if you can master the act of going backwards, will try to find the research. I often on club runs turn around to face the group to do a min backwards to stretch out tightening calves or hamstrings while on the run.

Like barefoot running, when backwards running you have to concentrate more and be aware of your surroundings.
11/06/2012 at 00:24

no joke, i'm really fast backwards

13/06/2012 at 13:31

Presumably rugby and football use backwards drills because there is actually moving backwards within games

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.