banking - current accounts

thinking of switching

21 to 26 of 26 messages
01/07/2012 at 13:18
bos1 wrote (see)

Have heard good things about F Direct from real people, so they are doing something right.

bos1 wrote (see)
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Real people eh? beats recommendations from cartoon characters any day!

You give off a strong impression of someone who only gets to use the english language on the internet.

Come on Bos, be kind, your original post about "real people" did deserve a very gentle tease

People on the internet are real people too.

Well...in most cases

Edited: 01/07/2012 at 13:19
02/07/2012 at 16:42

Ian, I first used the internet before Stevie G first played first team for Liverpool. .

I dont think we are using the same rule book for posting on the internet - perhaps mine is out of date.
My post doesnt 'deserve' anything. It's just a post. Since most if not all of SR's posts are contentless snark I dont think my response is out of place. It is a suggestion that he should spend more time interacting with real people rather than with internet avatars. The fact that he is misreading a post as somehow xenophobic does not suggest that he can actually respond to posts as they 'deserve'.

02/07/2012 at 17:58
For a man who likes his jargon you are being a bit over critical by taking Stevie G's use of "deserve" far too literally. Get a copy of the new rule book!! Sorry if I am a bit oversensitive about being foreign/non English speaker but if you have heard as many Um Bongo jokes as I have you would be sensitive too.
Edited: 02/07/2012 at 17:58
02/07/2012 at 19:01

What is your point?  You take the piss left right and centre you can hardly moan if someone does it to you.

If you are "foreign" it is certainly not apparent so its a bit disingenuous to suddenly start bleating that you are sensitive to remarks about your use of English.

And I think the comment  inferred that you don't speak to real people very often, rather than that you don't use English very often.

Do you want to trade sob stories?  When my sister bought an ice cream at the seaside when we were little the ice cream man gleefully told her that Enoch was going to sort her lot... Um Bongo jokes FFS grow up.

02/07/2012 at 22:37
I don't deserve this
03/07/2012 at 01:24

Stick it under the matress where the bankers can't get to it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.