Barclays bank.......how stupid

now i know how they are in trouble

21 to 23 of 23 messages
19/07/2012 at 09:35

I wouldn't expect a bank, any bank, to accept a change of address on an account over the phone, without a password.

You could be anyone, even if you do know her maiden name.  Just because you are her daughter doesn't mean that you are not up to no good, either!

I would criticize the bank if they DID do it, not because they won't.

19/07/2012 at 11:44
Leaving it to the day before you move seems a bit silly
seren nos    pirate
19/07/2012 at 20:12

wilkie.............you missed the point...........it wasn't that they wouldn't do it............why not state thatt you have to be set up on internet banking  to use the customer services....................and why offer to send the password to a house where you will not live.......

Dave.only got told Tuesday late afternoon that they were going to complete and exchange on the Thursday./...............so everything had to be done on the wednesday...................been trying to sell for 10 months and then less than 48 hours in the end to get out

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.