BBC's Big Cat Week

Best show on TV

41 to 49 of 49 messages
14/07/2006 at 20:29

[SOBS IN ANTICIPATION]
14/07/2006 at 20:35
3 days later they found totos mum.....alone 8-(
14/07/2006 at 20:44
Oh, poor little Toto, I wonder what happened to him? I will remember his little squeak. I thought they were saving the best until last and they would say, we've found him. I suppose in the real world we can't always have happy endings

:((
M...eldy    pirate
14/07/2006 at 20:46
I remember similar from a couple of years ago when there was a lost lion cub in the rocks ....

you couldnt script a better weepy if you tried!
14/07/2006 at 20:48
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
14/07/2006 at 20:50
So sad :-(

I'm just glad we didn't see what happened - that would have been too much for me.

Stupid real life.
14/07/2006 at 20:56
He was so sweet :o(

But on my planet I think he may have wandered around and found another mum who will teach him all he needs to know to become a big brave Toto and live happily ever after :o)
26/07/2006 at 16:55
Anybody watching Big Bear Week now? Some cute cubs, but not as cute as Toto!

Don't know how to do links but there are some lovely pics of him here (especially 2nd one)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/tv/bcd/slideshows/cheetahs/toto.shtml
26/07/2006 at 23:39
your link TS
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/tv/bcd/slideshows/cheetahs/toto.shtml

ohhhh that second one is gorgeous, he was so sweet.

I haven't watched the Big Bear week yet but did watch Animal planet tonight about raising baby hyenas. They were so cute. The one they were focusing on had been named Homer, the man looking after him was teaching him how to behave to eventually be put with a pack of hyenas on the reserve. He went out for his first hunt as a big brave hyena cub, the following morning he was found comatose in his pen, he died a couple of hours later, Autopsy was done but it didnt really give a cause of death. I sat there, and said "no first Toto now Homer" and then burst into tears,how embarrassing.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.