BBQ

14 messages
01/06/2013 at 14:40
That sounds lovely KK!

I just made some cupcakes if anyone fancies one. Made too many for just the 2 of just. At this rate JP will never be running 5k sub 20min
01/06/2013 at 14:46

Dont fancy the burgers mind. Or the sausages saying that (bit of a traditional man im afraid KK)

Wish i wasnt working now 

01/06/2013 at 14:50
Fingers crossed you will get it started.

if I would know how to post pics I would send you virtual cupcakes
01/06/2013 at 15:13
cupcakes?

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m539/jindalee1/photo.jpg

01/06/2013 at 15:14
Cake?

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m539/jindalee1/photo1.jpg

01/06/2013 at 15:28

No potato salad? 

We had a village bbq once, to which I was asked to bring my potato salad (it's that well known) and Eton Mess.  One of the village males, all thick forehead, monobrow and beer soaked, decided to apply said Eton Mess to his burger, thinking it was a massive bowl of mayo! 

01/06/2013 at 15:36

Depends what you put in it, KK.  I can't stand tattie salad with spring onion or chives in it.  I always think the same as you, but about coronation chicken.  I mean really, what's the point?

Have to say, my favourite bit of any bbq is the (not potato) salad. 

01/06/2013 at 15:47

Sounds lovely!

I had to google Eton Mess.. Guess that makes me working class 

Blisters    pirate
05/06/2013 at 21:07

We've got 2 BBQs planned this weekend.

A fish based one, Saturday.
Butterfly lamb Sunday.

05/06/2013 at 21:59

Burgers n bread please. 

Tommygun2    pirate
05/06/2013 at 22:41

I hate bbq's 

Burnt or undercooked food, stupid plastic or paper plates. 

Most people own a perfectly servisable cook just yards from the fire in a tray that constitutes a BBQ in the UK.

I think I was spoilt by bbq's in Australia. 

05/06/2013 at 22:45

What do you put in your potato salad CD? I want to know what makes it well-known!

Blisters    pirate
07/06/2013 at 21:59

Dunno about CD, but for me, the best, BEST potato salad starts with the potatoes.

This week they are at their absolute finest. Go to a Farm Shop, and buy what they sell. Freshest is finest, Jersey Royal if you can get them, we have Cornish at the moment. Our home grown are a few weeks off.

Boil for 16 minutes until only just done. When still hot, mix with sea salt and home made mayonnaise, and chopped chives.

The mayonnaise is made with a whizz machine, a couple of egg yolks, and a drip feed of sunflower (or rapeseed) oil until just so. The end.

Blisters    pirate
08/06/2013 at 20:45

BBQ1 for the weekend. Large daughter away, so we are allowed to eat fish. So many options.

To set the taste buds alight we start with queen scallops, drizzled in olive oil.
A small bunch of asparagus each, tied up in chives, and marinaded in oil and lemon juice with sesame seeds. Yumkins.
To just add that certain something there is a bowl of melted garlic butter for dipping anything you like...
Such as a skewer full of shell-on prawns.
Large mushrooms, drizzled with flavoured olive oil. Some have brie in them.
To keep you interested, there's couscous with chopped pepper, sundried toms, mint, lemon.
But that is just the appetiser for the swordfish steaks.
Nothing fancy. They don't need it. Just enjoy.

Dessert wasn't on the coals today, it was Eton Mess Trifle. We all agreed that the best bit about any trifle is that shock when you have tasted one piece of sponge, and got to your second mouthful. That's the one with the alcohol. BANG!

Of course the embers demand a few marsh mallows to be toasted.

Typing and spelling may be slurrd now.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.