BB's kitchen

pop in for a chat or some home baking , gin served after 6.00pm

117,801 to 117,820 of 118,156 messages
07/05/2012 at 00:37

I've been in the sea again this evening, and then moved on for a second dip in the river.

It was an experience I won't forget.  Absolutely fantastic!

07/05/2012 at 07:10
Morning all
07/05/2012 at 07:39

Morning B.  What should I have for breakfast?

07/05/2012 at 07:58
Morning, I've had toast.
07/05/2012 at 08:04

I can't eat toast.

Options are:  Museli with yoghurt, porridge, fruit or sausages.

07/05/2012 at 09:43
I had museli with yoghurt and half a banana
07/05/2012 at 10:10

Only a latte so far here.  Saving myself for the buffet lunch

07/05/2012 at 10:52

yoghurt and banana for me.

I need to go do my LSR, 2.5 miles I think should cover it as that's about all I can run.

How did Nicko get on?

Blisters    pirate
07/05/2012 at 19:34

Not sure TM

I suppose that it can be argued that I did my first tri today. Having finished the decorating bit I looked outside and it was drying up nicely. I know, I'll do a little bike and little run as a "brick" session. So I got the run kit organised in the garage and prepped the bike. Then had a few attempts at getting the Garmin to operate in multi-sport mode. Ready.
Splotch.
Splip plop.
Come on hard guy, it's only a tiddy bit of rain. Man up. So off I went on my bike and gave it some welly for 12 miles. After half way the plip plop became a deluge. No chance of dehydration then, just open mouth and try not to breathe at the same time. Rivers of water, spray riding up the middle of the back. Yummy.
Back home, hit transition button, hang bike, swap shoes. Socks soaking. Oh well.
Run for 6 miles.
I've done this sort of session before and it's like somebody has beaten up your legs. This time was different. Sure the legs felt odd for a couple of miles but the pace was good. Those first miles were sub 8m/m. Pretty much what I used to train at. OK, I couldn't keep it going, but that's not the point. Yeah, it felt good.

When I got home, it was time to put the BBQ on.
Absolutely fishing it down it was. With doses of thunder in the distance. Classic.
Up with the fishing umbrella, and just get on with it. It rained so much that the drains overflowed, the soakaway didn't, the paths flooded, and it hardly seemed worthwhile changing out of wet gear. Anyway, promises upheld. Hu-ahh!

Blisters    pirate
07/05/2012 at 19:34

Not sure TM

I suppose that it can be argued that I did my first tri today. Having finished the decorating bit I looked outside and it was drying up nicely. I know, I'll do a little bike and little run as a "brick" session. So I got the run kit organised in the garage and prepped the bike. Then had a few attempts at getting the Garmin to operate in multi-sport mode. Ready.
Splotch.
Splip plop.
Come on hard guy, it's only a tiddy bit of rain. Man up. So off I went on my bike and gave it some welly for 12 miles. After half way the plip plop became a deluge. No chance of dehydration then, just open mouth and try not to breathe at the same time. Rivers of water, spray riding up the middle of the back. Yummy.
Back home, hit transition button, hang bike, swap shoes. Socks soaking. Oh well.
Run for 6 miles.
I've done this sort of session before and it's like somebody has beaten up your legs. This time was different. Sure the legs felt odd for a couple of miles but the pace was good. Those first miles were sub 8m/m. Pretty much what I used to train at. OK, I couldn't keep it going, but that's not the point. Yeah, it felt good.

When I got home, it was time to put the BBQ on.
Absolutely fishing it down it was. With doses of thunder in the distance. Classic.
Up with the fishing umbrella, and just get on with it. It rained so much that the drains overflowed, the soakaway didn't soak away, the paths flooded, and it hardly seemed worthwhile changing out of wet gear. Anyway, promises upheld. Hu-ahh!

Blisters    pirate
07/05/2012 at 19:36

Just read the second one.

07/05/2012 at 19:48

Yet another sea swim for me today.  I'm not getting a chance to come down from the high for each swim before getting in for the next one.  I can't rememeber when I last enjoyed training this much.  They were laughing at me today as I couldn't stop grinning and bouncing.

Edited: 07/05/2012 at 19:51
07/05/2012 at 19:56
Good stuff Blisters and SC,
I have been lazing around building Meccano.
Tomorrow I have hill repeats I love it!
07/05/2012 at 21:49

You're not normal CP  Hills are the work of the devil.

07/05/2012 at 22:03
fab Blisters. Congrats.
Woo hoo mouse, its brilliant you are back training - don't lose heart darling this bit won't last long you'll be back on form soon. For now just keep putting one little paw in front of the other.
Ha ha SCaz glad you are happy
CP you deserve the break today (I like hill repeats too)
07/05/2012 at 22:04

They've shut off part of my fav run route for 6 months. I hope that's not an omen. I can hardly run at all at the moment.

Good going Blisters. I don't notice the rain much when I'm out in it, it's the start and finish. Arriving at work and dripping is not a good look. Good grinning SC. The cheshire cats got nothing on you.

Went for a nice long walk in the messiest woods ever. tree felling by cowboys or something.

08/05/2012 at 06:56

Morning all

I rather like hills too

08/05/2012 at 07:46
Morning, late night last night collecting delayed missionaries from T4 at Heathrow.
Out for my hills later .
TP my wife is often telling me I'm not normal
08/05/2012 at 09:32
Morning
I don't love hills, but don't hate them ... I like the downs so the ups are necessary also ...
Great training session Blisters
08/05/2012 at 11:02

I weighed myself this morning. It was quite depressing. I've never seen a number so large.  I really am trying to lose weight but it's not happening. I need to stop eating.

I wish I could run. I would like to be able to run over the Downs right now.

Bundle of joy here today aren't I. Hey I'm not at work today.  Might just get out in the garden and potter about a bit.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.