BB's kitchen

pop in for a chat or some home baking , gin served after 6.00pm

117,801 to 117,820 of 118,169 messages
06/05/2012 at 13:38

First sea swim of the day complete.  Warming up with a pot of tea before I am back in again this evening.

06/05/2012 at 13:51
Good running and swimming TP, CP and Caz
Enjoy the wedding Mouse, I hope the sun comes out ... I'd really like to see the sun again, seems ages ...
I have done an exercise dvd and my physio exercises, will run a little bit later ...
06/05/2012 at 14:27

We've had a bit of sun today but still had to divert our run due to floodwater!

06/05/2012 at 14:34
I wanna run
Am feeling very sorry for myself today should probably put my big girl pants on and just get on with it ... still just wanna scream though
Blisters    pirate
06/05/2012 at 14:42

Scream first SOLB, you'll feel better. Then run.

TMouse, hope you ave a happy wedding.

I remember SCaz, you live down, deep down into the South West don't you? Surrounded by sea. If I drive for and hour and a half I can get to Weston super Mud. There are a couple of big lakes nearby though that permit OW, if it's organised. Another swim lesson tonight. I'll try and take less water with it.

CP, happy man Nice little runs USB, B, TP. Not sure I'll get the chance.

06/05/2012 at 14:48
Thanks Blisters, I can't run properly still. Either heart or lungs or both won't permit it. I have more tests next week but its getting harder to keep hoping it'll be OK.
It's been 18 months since the problem started and 11 since I did a decent run. Just wanna be out there doing something that I love.
Creepy neighbour is being extra specially creepy today too.
Will put the kettle on and stop feeling sorry for myself. Tea anyone?
06/05/2012 at 15:29

Yes please SOLB.

Blisters, I'm dead central on the south coast.  I actually live within 5 min walk of the sea, but that part is mudflats so I have to drive about 20-30 min to get to my nearest beach that I can swim from.

It looks like there are several lakes you can swim in that don't charge, but then I'm not exactly sure where you live and I've not looked in that much detail.  You are failrly land locked when it comes to the sea, I agree.  Also several lidos if you are just after acclimitisation (although I haven't looked to see which are heated) but they won't help with OW experience.

06/05/2012 at 16:16
Afternoon,
Gently SOLB but you will get there.
Blisters
Yes please to tea Mouse. Do you have any Assam
06/05/2012 at 18:35

Sod tea, can I have a gin?  Tonic & a wedge of lime, plenty ice.

Back from my mums, quick change and caught the train into town.  Got some more stuff for my hols and a couple of books.  Food shopping done and ratatouille in the oven to have later with some pasta.

I have sacked the domestics in favour of flumping.  Ironing and floor dusting can be done tomorrow night.

06/05/2012 at 20:35

Well we took the gorgeous cupcakes up to the rehab hospital.  Nabbed ourselves a table in the coffee bar (closed on Sunday's but available to sit in) and put the cakes onto a plate that belonged to my grandmother.  Left the kids there to guard it all and we went to get MiL from the ward.  Lukewarm response to say the least

The nurses thought the box we gave them looked (almost) too good to eat

06/05/2012 at 21:06

What's up with your hip TP?

The sea looks a bit damn cold for swimming 

Bridget - I visit my sis and get totally ignored some visits. It can be really hard work. 

Blisters    pirate
06/05/2012 at 21:10

SCaz, you're right. There's no fewer than 2 lidos (50m) within 10 miles of Goucester. Neither heated, but why would they? At least they can give the opportunity for wetsuit or tri-suit practice.

USB, any cake is a good cake, and as you remind us, this mental/age problem is a challenge.

TP: gin is served, chink chink

Anyway, I'm clean now. 20 laps of a pool. In stages. Slightly less ungainly than last week, but still a bit floppy paddle.

06/05/2012 at 21:29

I had a bursitis in my right hip earlier in the year Madge and was told to ease back in gently as it's likely to recur if I don't.  Touch wood, it's fine tonight but in general I have hips like an old labrador.

It can be like that with strokes USB, some days my dad just basically didn't acknowledge we were there, some days he had the most massive temper tantrums, some days he got very emotional and cried a lot and some days he was like his old self. 

Floppy paddle is about as much as I can manage Blisters and only for a few lengths.  I seem to have forgotten everything I learned in the drowning lessons last year.

07/05/2012 at 00:37

I've been in the sea again this evening, and then moved on for a second dip in the river.

It was an experience I won't forget.  Absolutely fantastic!

07/05/2012 at 07:10
Morning all
07/05/2012 at 07:39

Morning B.  What should I have for breakfast?

07/05/2012 at 07:58
Morning, I've had toast.
07/05/2012 at 08:04

I can't eat toast.

Options are:  Museli with yoghurt, porridge, fruit or sausages.

07/05/2012 at 09:43
I had museli with yoghurt and half a banana
07/05/2012 at 10:10

Only a latte so far here.  Saving myself for the buffet lunch

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.