BB's kitchen

pop in for a chat or some home baking , gin served after 6.00pm

118,061 to 118,080 of 118,176 messages
28/05/2012 at 00:08

My breast stroke is faster than someone I swim with Fly. My breast stroke is almost stationary.

I did a lot of hill work today and set a new pb for getting up the stairs. (to the bathroom in case you were wondering). I have now rehydrated with a beer.

28/05/2012 at 18:38

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

28/05/2012 at 19:21

Lifted your finger off the shift key to soon there.

Listens to the echo and watches the tumble weed.

Fires gone out and the coffe is cold. The Cake tin empty and theres a bit of mould.

28/05/2012 at 19:22

Hellllooooooooooooooo USB, any news on how it went with MiL? 

28/05/2012 at 21:09

*refills cake tin and puts the kettle on to boil*

Been a busy day.  Had a look at the house that I am going to be looking after and it is lovely.  Then had an interview that went ok, and hopefully I will hear tomorrow whether I have been selected for a second interview.  Then been for a sea swim.  it was a tough swim.  The tide turned while we were out there so we were fighting it in both directions.  It was a bit windy too, which made it choppy.  It was nice and warm though.

Blisters    pirate
28/05/2012 at 22:15

Good luck with the interviews SCaz, and as you know, it's better to train hard so you can race easy. Enjoying the sea swim like that is making me jealous. One day I'll be able to do it.

Chocolate biscuit cake anyone? There's only a few pieces left and the wife has counted them. So make sure that you cut a piece in half so that there's the correct number left.

I made lamb curry with the remains from the BBQ butterfly leg of lamb. Rather tasty if I may say so. D-1 also had a portion, but ended up sticking her tongue in a glass of water afterwards!

28/05/2012 at 22:31

SOLB - we spent a good hour up there tonight as she ate her soup and sandwich and rabbited for England.  Some of it made sense 

Read the carer's folder and added our mobile numbers (they only had the landline).  Looks as if the focus is on returning her to her previous level of independance in selfcare and feeding herself.  No mention of mobility outside but I guess that may be the remit of the Stroke Outreach Team. 

Our intention now is to stay clear till Saturday and see how it goes.

28/05/2012 at 22:37

It's as much the company as the swimming Blisters.  I have a great bunch of people down here to swim with.  Today it was me and 'the lads'.  We also had a new girl turn up.

Tomorrow I am swimming with the OSS Surrey crowd at lunchtime, then with tri club in the evening, unless Andy pulls his finger out and organises something with the OSS Hampshire lot.

28/05/2012 at 22:49

Good evening. I have been informed that the sea temp is a balmy 14oC today. Still way to cold for me unless I take my meds. Haven't tested that one out yet. I may try a dip in the water for a few mins and see if I don't turn too blue. if I do it while it's still warm then i should suffer too much. I will still have to take my heater and hot choccie with me though.

Blisters    pirate
29/05/2012 at 22:33

csam, as another who loses all colour from the fingers between September and March I understand where you are coming from. However, I have raced in winter but accepted that it'll take me a while to warm back up. As the heart is asked to pump at elevated rates the net result is that the fingers eventually get warm. I suppose that it works in the sea too, but can't guarantee survival unless you can swim HARD for over an hour. I recall that I've done a couple of cold wet races when it was mile 8/9 before I warmed up. Not bad for a 10 mile race at pb pace.

PS I drink a lot of tea too. Large mugs of it. Partly they are to wrap my hands round to warm up again.

30/05/2012 at 08:19

Hot tea is essential after any open water swimming.  Its the only time I drink standard tea

Blisters    pirate
31/05/2012 at 22:50

helluva couple of days.

looking forward to a V e r y loooooong weekend

31/05/2012 at 23:36

in 5 days time I have a day off.

Blisters    pirate
01/06/2012 at 14:40

Hello ghost town.
It's strawberry season, so don't touch those that wifey has just picked. She counts them you know. I swear she does.

01/06/2012 at 14:53

Me no like strawberries, am waiting for raspberries and blueberries.

01/06/2012 at 15:52

I love all soft fruit.  When it is in season I have it on my cereal or porridge in the mornings, but I can also eat a whole punnet as a snack.

Any ideas where I can get a passport photo and a red swimming hat before 7am tomorrow?

01/06/2012 at 18:10
only just seen this. that's brilliant USB, I'm thrilled things are stable if not quite where you want her to be.
I suppose she will probably be worn out from mastering independent living again and hopefully as you suggest the outreach team may help when she's ready.
its been a heck of a few months for you all.

strawberries are my favourite food
Blisters    pirate
02/06/2012 at 20:02

Evening girls and chefs
For some obscure reason it hasn't rained here today (yet).
Bike ride with the tri group. I was definitely going out with group 2 today, but an absence of leaders meant that group 2 was divvied up between group 1 and group 3. As one of the G3 riders had a set of F' in heavy panniers on (preparation for some long ride) I was allocated to G1. The route turned out to be around 60 miles at an asphalt burning pace. They didn't bother with gears, just stood up in the pedals and acted like men. 19.1mph average.
I'd say I was shgged, but I've not got the energy for that.

Barbecue this evening, We like doing them on charcoal, mostly for the atmosphere if I'm honest, but there is a subtle smokiness added. We'll normally do burgers first, as it adds some fat in the fire. Wifey had bought some beautiful lamb steaks, and marinated them in yoghurt and curry paste. Gorgeous. Skewered mushrroms to accompany.

Hey look! It's just started a bit of rain!

02/06/2012 at 20:30

Good going Blisters, Wish I could cycle fast. I'm just a plodder - or whatever the cycling equivalent is.

No rain here either, bath water on the garden again. I have eaten too many chocolate digestives today. Lets face it one is one too many. At least I had a vegetable kebab at work. I think I am feeling more than somewhat bloated today.

Got lucky with my shift tomorrow, was asked to do an early, which means that I can go for my long run tomorrow eve before it gets dark rather than having to get up at the crack of sparrows and fit it in.

Must go I think the cat is breaking the house up.

Edited: 02/06/2012 at 20:32
Blisters    pirate
02/06/2012 at 23:35

T Mouse, I disagree. One chocolate digestive is not too many. Two or three are about the right number with a mug of coffee. Chocolate and coffee seem to work better together than chocolate and tea, IMHO.. If you want 4 or 6, just have another mug full!

Good luck with the run, and take an umbrella..

118,061 to 118,080 of 118,176 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.