BB's kitchen

pop in for a chat or some home baking , gin served after 6.00pm

118,101 to 118,120 of 118,165 messages
21/11/2013 at 07:50

I;ve not been on here for years!

Such a shame, such a lovely, warm and funny girl.
She'll be missed by a great many people.

21/11/2013 at 08:49

I've had a few PMs from people asking if there's going to be sent to anything to the Williams family about Beebs. If people want to, please send me message/ post etc about their memories of Beebs. Any photos would be great too. I'll put them in an album and send them to Beebs family. If you'd like my address, please PM me here if you aren't on FB.

From TP: "The PM conversation I had with one of her children last night would suggest that they have little idea how many lives she touched, cheered and influenced. I think knowing will being them a few crumbs of comfort."

Edited: 21/11/2013 at 08:54
21/11/2013 at 09:37

Little N and TP - still feeling so spaced out , knowing that something like this will help , however small comfort, is helping - thank you both xx

21/11/2013 at 11:00

It's years since I've been here but I've stumbled back to seek out fellow mourners and fellow inhabitants of this lovely supportive, friendly virtual kitchen. It's amazing how someone's web presence can be such an important part of one's IRL life. From our original meeting in Porkworld, through here, through Facebook Beebs was just someone I was always chatting to and the internet somehow seems empty and meaningless now that that wonderfully witty, fun, interesting conversation has been cut-off mid-sentence.

Beebs, so long and thank you.

21/11/2013 at 11:18
I've not been in here for years. Sad news. RIP x
21/11/2013 at 12:31

So shocked to hear about this - remember lots of banter and laughs with beebs some time ago - alot of it smutty because she was a bit of a dirty bird as well - well rounded personality and so warm and freindly

21/11/2013 at 13:52

Oh I am so shocked and sad to be seeing this. Like many others I never 'knew' beebs but have had so many lovely posts backwards and forwards, enough to pick up what a beautiful person she was.  RIP beebs xx

21/11/2013 at 14:27

Just been looking back over some old posts, Way back in August 2008....

Found myself eating Grasmere gingerbread with Ratcatcher, Quaffing Champagne with Bodjit, Generally chewing the fat with VRap (Who I met a couple of weeks back) and of course talking pavlova with BB...

Happy days

M...eldy    pirate
21/11/2013 at 14:44

The amount of butties buttered in the food tent at Windsor half for many a year

the gossip post Sodbury

the copious amounts of alcohol post Beachy

I spent many a happy hour in here too

21/11/2013 at 15:29

I was never on this thread but did meet BB at Windsor in the now infamous RW marquee (it was way too grand to be a mere tent!) and remember her great contributions...

So sorry to hear of her loss

21/11/2013 at 16:49

I was another one that was never on this thread but when I first joined RW - Beebs made me feel very welcome and encouraged me to participate on the threads.

I'm really sorry to hear of her loss. I saw that her family have been sent a beautiful bunch of flowers. Thank you to Little Ninja for organising.

21/11/2013 at 17:12

Remember meeting BB at Sodbury Slog some years back.

Enjoyed the occasional banter between the 'kitchen' and Radio Worcestershire.

Sad loss.  'kk'

21/11/2013 at 17:25

You are all leaving such lovely words about Beebs. It's become so apparent that Beebs family have no idea how much people thought of her so if anyone wants to share a few thoughts / happy memories about Beebs we can give to Beebs family, I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Duck Girl    pirate
21/11/2013 at 21:02
Another oldie returning to the forum to pay my respects.

Beebs was friendly, fun, and kind. I'm very sorry to hear of her passing.
21/11/2013 at 22:36
Hiya stranger.. Since when were you old ?
22/11/2013 at 16:37
Another voice from the distant past here. Bune kindly told me the sad news. Cathy was always lovely to me, especially when the vagaries of internet life got to me! She and her husband often visited the New Forest, where I've lived for six or seven years, and we almost met up a number of times, but somehow never quite made it; I very much regret that. Dear family of the lovely Beebs, I am so, so sorry for your loss xx
22/11/2013 at 18:48
Sad news. Such a loss x
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/11/2013 at 22:53

This is such sad news and hard to take in, but how she would have loved seeing all these old friends popping by. There are names I've not seen around for many a year

BD
23/11/2013 at 09:55

We really appreciate all the support from Cathy's many many friends and although I had only met relatively few of you, Cathy was always telling me about what you were up to - I was very much aware of how well-liked she was with her fellow Kitcheners.  I would have posted on the 'underground' kitchen, but had no idea how to access it (happy if anyone wants to cut and paste this across).   If it helps people to know, Cathy died with no obvious signs of distress whatsoever.  I think she had fallen asleep on the sofa after I'd gone to bed (she was always doing that!) and came to bed around 3.30.  She hadn't woken me when she came in and had undressed quietly and put her clothes neatly in a pile. When she got into bed I went to give her a cuddle and there was just no response.  The initial post mortem has been inconclusive, although it appears to have been a heart problem - over the coming weeks they will look in more detail, just in case there are risks for her relatives and our children.  My darling, darling Cathy, the last 30 years with you have been wonderful.

BD/Blond dog/Mr Beebs/Jonathan 

23/11/2013 at 10:03

Hi Jonathan,

It's so hard to believe Cathy could have had a heart problem when her gorgeous, big, loving heart was one of the best things about her.

I copied your message over, and will send you a PM via FB too. It may end up in your Others Folder.  That's Inbox Others.

We are all thinking of you. Beebs was such a proud wife and mum.

Ninja

Edited: 23/11/2013 at 10:10
118,101 to 118,120 of 118,165 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.