Believing in God

or not

241 to 252 of 252 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
16/10/2012 at 22:03

"Since matter can neither be created nor destroyed" - ah, but if things had been created properly that scenario wouldn't exist.

16/10/2012 at 22:10

If we didn't poo out of our bottoms, we wouldn't have toilet humour.  The world's a much richer place with toilet humour, thank God.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
18/10/2012 at 12:14

Yeah but what about all the dog crap and cow pats?

18/10/2012 at 15:38

Worse trick I ever saw with dog shit was on the way home from school, a huge pile was laying on the pavement and this older lad broke away from his group, passed the pile of crap and just swung around kicking the entire heap back into their faces. It made an un-holy mess and God, was there a fight afterwards.

IronCat5    pirate
20/10/2012 at 20:43

I'm sure you've all seen the 'text' doing the rounds on Facebook. For those that haven't it is a text from Science to Religion.

Basic content is Science asking how is it he has just safely delivered a man to earth from ~23 miles up by parachute, yet all religion did that week was shoot a girl in the head for wanting to go to school.

An interesting POV.

21/10/2012 at 09:33

Whilst I completely agree with that, all religion should be banned, unfortunately the deluded ones would claim that god inspired and guided the scientists in their quest and the girl was shot because people need more guidance/are flawed/god gives us free will/etc bullshit get out clauses.

BTW where's the vicar? Do you think whilst reading this thread he's had what alcoholics would describe as a moment of clarity? An epiphany?

Dark Vader    pirate
21/10/2012 at 20:48

Ask the god squad to explain dinosaurs...   especially the people who seem to think the earth is only 9000 years old...   dinosaurs were around long before humans evolved from primates...  getting them to explain that one is always good for a laugh....   apparently there is a sizeable US population who don't believe dinosaurs ever existed because they aren't mentioned in the bible... just ridiculous...

21/10/2012 at 21:09

Well, it would be a good laugh, if you can actually find a Christian in the UK who really defends the earth being a few thousand years old and dinosaurs not existing. I've never met one.

Dark Vader    pirate
22/10/2012 at 07:50
MikeFrog wrote (see)

Well, it would be a good laugh, if you can actually find a Christian in the UK who really defends the earth being a few thousand years old and dinosaurs not existing. I've never met one.

I don't know whether the 9000 years is accurate for them, but isn't this concept the case for Jehova's Witness followers...?

In the US..  there are still people who think that way..:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/06/paul-broun-evolution-big-bang_n_1944808.html

22/10/2012 at 08:04
As a Christian asked to explain the Dinosaur issue, that's easy, when Noah built the Ark he did so but then went back to God and said "FFS what do you think I am ? I'm gonna have to leave the Dinosaurs"

In fact I'm sure there was a film about this, wasn't it called Jurassic Ark
22/10/2012 at 16:50

Christians tend to be more concerned about lions 2,000 yeras ago than dinosaurs

Dark Vader    pirate
11/11/2012 at 10:59

Just a thought...

Do the religions have a view on life on other planets..?   I'm guessing that there must be life of some type somewhere else...  is 'god' going to take the credit for that too..?

Edited: 11/11/2012 at 10:59

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
241 to 252 of 252 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.