Biker Chick Revival!

motorbikes for girls - advice please

41 to 50 of 50 messages
23/05/2007 at 16:56
FF - where's that then? I'm going to do a course over the summer to get the full licence and it's a hell of a lot more than that
23/05/2007 at 17:43
Mine was too XFR, nearer £300 to get full licence so that sounds a good deal FF!
23/05/2007 at 21:40
Well I've already got full licence, so I suppose thats why its cheaper. It's just a refresher course at my local bike instructors (Motag) to get you back on the road on a bike, so its not compulsory to get back on the road. But I would feel happier doing the course before risking my running legs on a motorbike!

My motorbike got me through a sticky divorce so I remember the buzz of hacking it down a winding road and arriving back at home not quite as aggitated as when I left. A bit like doing 7 min miles up the shore road really....I'M DEAD EXCITED!

23/05/2007 at 22:37
I dragged mine out of the garage on Monday and battled through the London traffic. That really gets the adrenaline going :-)
23/05/2007 at 23:16
That sounds brave MW!

Ah see now FF, hope you have a great time getting back out there.
23/05/2007 at 23:20
do it every day, Mr W - but on a scooter - think I'd rather do that tbh, easier to manouvre and less faffing with gears
24/05/2007 at 00:00
Try a bicycle. Much easier :o)
Dark Vader    pirate
24/05/2007 at 07:38
The sun is out.. so will my bike be.. :)

<hear the throb of the mighty v-twin :) >

24/05/2007 at 10:06
lol! DV....I'm jealous. Every year since I lost my bike when you notice the bikers out just for a spin on a Sunday I get jealous. Told Mr FF last night that i'm doing it anyway....actually he didn't resist much at all.

BUT! I would never, ever, ever, cycle (motor or otherwise) around London! I won't even take my car through London, cos those bu&&ers drive to different rules and I don't know what they are. There should be a different driving test for driving through London.
24/05/2007 at 11:18
Riding through London's a real blast. You need to concentrate and keep out of the way of the couriers, who're complete nutters, but nothing gets the blood flowing like it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 50 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.