Bikers and Sundays

mini rant

21 to 36 of 36 messages
Monique    pirate
27/09/2002 at 17:08
What kind is it, not that I'd know if it was any good or not, I took my friend and he told me which one to get, the choice was narrowed down considerably by the fact that I insist on purple and am very poor, well I am now anyway.
cougie    pirate
27/09/2002 at 17:14
It was a Parkpre Pro825 Mountain Bike - very sexy - brushed steel finish with Purple Stickers funnily enough. Very rugged and lovely.

I sold it though last year as I realised I hadn't ridden it for 18 months :-(

I miss it now. I'm down to 3 and a half bikes. Sob sob sob.
Monique    pirate
27/09/2002 at 17:22
This one is a fondueset-magaluf (From the package holiday series), no really it is a Fondriest megala or lampre at least that's what it says on the frame it's got a pink going into blue colour merge so there's purple in the middle bits and it has a non-shiny finish. it is living on my treadmill in the kitchen so I can ogle it while eating breakfast.
cougie    pirate
27/09/2002 at 17:34
Oooh Fondriest - v nice, in Team Lampre colours. This means you can get all the team kit to match too !

www.probikekit.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=5a83c42eb0ece63de7cf7347b41e1e59&qry=lampre

Definitely sounds worthy of ogling. The finish on the Italian frames is very nice indeed. Trust you aren't gonna take it outside at any point - it's dirty out there !

Monique    pirate
04/10/2002 at 11:14
Back on the forums, sorry about the delay, I have been working!!!! I will check out the kit, if there's one thing I can't atand it's being unco-ordinated. Trouble is I really am bankrupt and I have seen the perfect purple suede afghan coat that I can see the plastic taking some more hammer, plus I want a gel saddle and one of those bicycle pumps to get the pressure right in the tyres. And yes I have been outside on it but only in dry conditions!
cougie    pirate
07/10/2002 at 13:55
Mmm purple suede Afghan coat ?
Must be a girly thing.

Saddles can be fun - never bothered with gel myself, but some mates swear by them.
You can get saddles specifically for ladies - not necessarily gel ones.

Track pumps are a good idea for keeping at home, and then a cheapo one to take with you on the bike.
07/10/2002 at 14:51
Now if anyone wants to talk bikes - we have 5 in the shed and only 1.5 of them is mine. (I'm allowed a half share in the tandem). Him self has one for work, one for off roading and one for going out at weekends when i'm running......
07/10/2002 at 14:51
Now if anyone wants to talk bikes - we have 5 in the shed and only 1.5 of them is mine. (I'm allowed a half share in the tandem). Him self has one for work, one for off roading and one for going out at weekends when i'm running......and shares the half with me when i have to tag along.

WildWill    pirate
07/10/2002 at 14:58
DS

I have 4 bikes myself - a mountain bike I use in my turbo trainer, another mountain bike for, well mountain biking, a road/race bike for training and TRIs and an older race that is past its best – but I could not possibly part with it, cos it’s a hand built Alan :o)

Will
cougie    pirate
07/10/2002 at 15:26
Great - I can show my wife this, and maybe I can get some more for Xmas.

I only have my Giant Lo-Pro, my custom built Road bike, and a fixed wheel kinda hack bike for the winter. I feel hard done to. ;-)

Oh, and two frames hanging around that I should do something to, but it'll work out darn expensive.

Running is so much cheaper !
07/10/2002 at 15:32
Good grief, fixed wheel for winter, thought I was the only one left who did that .....
cougie    pirate
07/10/2002 at 15:59
I love my fixed wheel. Climbing ain't so bad, just trying to get down any decent hills without my hips coming unscrewed.

And so much easier to clean !
07/10/2002 at 16:27
When you talk about the joys of descending on a fixed wheel, have you had people say 'surely you just stop pedalling and then you'll stop?' I could never seem to convince people that once gravity and momentum are working against you it just ain't that easy!

Fun though.
cougie    pirate
07/10/2002 at 17:04
SB - haven't had that yet. It is cool to be able to stop at junctions without having to brake though. And wear big gloves in winter without them getting caught in your STI or gear levers !!

Just have to plan your routes and persuade people that the Horseshoe pass is boring and that there is a really nice cafe in Cheshire to go to !
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
07/10/2002 at 19:34
Thanks guys! I'm glad to see John and I aren't the only mad bike collectors. We currently have 11 - 6 mountain bikes, 2 road bikes, and 3 triathlon bikes plus assorted spare wheels, saddles, pedals, etc. We did have another tri bike but it was a little bit too big for John (60cm frame)so I managed to persuade him to sell it and we found another tall guy to buy it!
Monique    pirate
14/10/2002 at 17:16
This is all very reassuring, as I find myself already thinking I must get another cheaper bike for the winter training, even though I have only just taken my old racer to my mum and dads to make room in the shed.
Did anybody see that life laundry program about that bloke whose house was full of pifco appliances and ladybird books, I started to get worried that that was going to be me in a few years time, except with shoes, bikes and clothes. I did buy the purple afghan and haven't regretted it for a moment.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.