Bonsai tree

Help and advice required

21 to 26 of 26 messages
11/02/2011 at 12:31
PhilPub wrote (see)
I kept my Chinese Elm for a while after it died, and told myself it was a "winter landscape".  It may have even sprouted some tinsel over Christmas.  That's it - stick some mini fairy lights on it.  That'll look pucka.

Perfect - wear something pink  then he'll think you're the fairy, which will give him the perfect excuse to shove his prize possession where the sun don't shine.
14/02/2011 at 08:25
It's now more of a bonsai twig than a bonsai tree
14/02/2011 at 15:02
PhilPub wrote (see)
I kept my Chinese Elm for a while after it died, and told myself it was a "winter landscape". 
It's two years since mine died and it's still sitting on a shelf in the kitchen
The cactus that I've had about the same length of time is still looking good, despite being watered about twice in 2 1/2 years. 
I also like spider plants, as they're pretty hard to kill.
14/02/2011 at 21:32
Graham "legs in threads" wrote (see)
It's now more of a bonsai twig than a bonsai tree

OK, plan B.........   tell him you were burgled and dump your laptop and flat screen tv to make it look convincing.......
14/02/2011 at 21:38

I also have a 'winter landscape' bonsai guiltily lurking in the shad so am very glad to find I am not the only heartless Bonsai killer out there.

Mind you, the four ex-cacti and the ex-Aloe Vera plant that preceeded it should have told me I was not any good at this plant stuff....

14/02/2011 at 21:47
If it makes you feel any better i was left in charge of a neighbours plants a few years ago.  I kept them all well watered and they all looked really healthy the day before they were due to return.  It was just a shame i  failed to notice some of them were silk.  When they came back there was a puddle of water  on top of their piano.................. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.